Potential Free Agents

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Mattingly23NY, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    NEW YORK -- The 148 players potentially eligible for free agency (c-club option, p-player option, m-mutual option):

AMERICAN LEAGUE

BALTIMORE (9) -- Alex Casilla, inf; Nelson Cruz, of; c-Nick Hundley, c; Kelly Johnson, 2b; m-Nick Markakis, of; Andrew Miller, lhp; Johan Santana, lhp; Joe Saunders, lhp; Delmon Young, of.

BOSTON (4) -- Burke Badenhop, rhp; c-Craig Breslow, lhp; Ryan Dempster, rhp; David Ross, c.

CLEVELAND (2) -- c-Mike Aviles, rhp; Jason Giambi, 1b.

CHICAGO (3) -- Paul Konerko, 1b; Matt Lindstom, rhp; c-Felipe Paulino, rhp.

DETROIT (8) -- Joba Chamberlain, rhp; Phil Coke, lhp; Joel Hanrahan, rhp; Torii Hunter, of; Jim Johnson, rhp; Victor Martinez, c; Max Scherzer, rhp; c-Joakim Soria, rhp.

HOUSTON (3) -- Matt Albers, rhp; Jesse Crain, rhp; Jose Veras, rhp.

KANSAS CITY (8) -- Nori Aoki, of; c-Billy Butler, 1b; Scott Downs, lhp; Jason Frasor, rhp; Luck Hochevar, rhp; Raul Ibanez, of; James Shields, rhp; Josh Willingham, of.

LOS ANGELES (4) -- Sean Burnett, lhp; Jason Grilli, rhp; John McDonald, ss; Joe Thatcher, lhp.

MINNESOTA (1) -- Jared Burton, rhp.

NEW YORK (10) -- Chris Capuano, lhp; Stephen Drew, ss; Chase Headley, 3b; Rich Hill, lhp; Derek Jeter, ss; Hiroki Kuroda, rhp; Brandon McCarthy, rhp; David Robertson, rhp; Ichiro Suzuki, of; Chris Young, of.

OAKLAND (8) -- Alberto Callaspo, 3b; Jonny Gomes, of; Luke Gregerson, rhp; Jason Hammel, rhp; Jon Lester, lhp; Jed Lowrie, ss; Hiroyuki Nakajima, ss; Geovany Soto, c.

SEATTLE (7) -- Joe Beimel, lhp; Endy Chavez, of; Chris Denorfia, of; Franklin Gutierrez, of; Kendrys Morales, dh; Humberto Quintero, c; Chris Young, rhp.

TAMPA BAY (2) -- c-Joel Peralta, rhp; c-Ben Zobrist, of-inf.

TEXAS (4) -- Scott Baker, rhp; Neal Cotts, lhp; Colby Lewis, rhp; Alex Rios, of.

TORONTO (8) -- Melky Cabrera, of; c-J.A. Happ, lhp; Casey Janssen, rhp; Munenori Kawasaki, inf; c-Adam Lind, 1b; c-Dustin McGowan, rhp; c-Brandon Morrow, rhp; Colby Rasmus, of.

---

NATIONAL LEAGUE

ATLANTA (6) -- Emilio Bonifacio, 2b; Ryan Doumit, c; Gavin Floyd, rhp; Aaron Harang, rhp; Gerald Laird, c; Ervin Santana, rhp.

CHICAGO (3) -- Kyuji Fujikawa, rhp; Carlos Villanueva, rhp; c-Tsuyoshi Wada, lhp.

CINCINNATI (3) -- Jack Hannahan, 3b; Ryan Ludwick, of; Ramon Santiago, ss.

COLORADO (6) -- c-Brett Anderson, lhp; Matt Belisle, rhp; Michael Cuddyer, of; c-LaTroy Hawkins, rhp; Nick Masset, rhp; Franklin Morales, lhp.

LOS ANGELES (9) -- Josh Beckett, rhp; c-Chad Billingsley, rhp; Kevin Correia, rhp; Roberto Hernandez, rhp; Paul Maholm, lhp; Chris Perez, rhp; Hanley Ramirez, ss; p-Brian Wilson, rhp; Jamey Wright, rhp.

MIAMI (5) -- Rafael Furcal, ss; Kevin Gregg, rhp; Reed Johnson, of; c-Jeff Mathis, c; Brad Penny, rhp.

MILWAUKEE (8) -- Zach Duke, lhp; c-Yovani Gallardo, rhp; Tom Gorzelanny, lhp; Lyle Overbay, 1b; m-Aramis Ramirez, 3b; Mark Reynolds, 1b; Francisco Rodriguez, rhp; c-Rickie Weeks, 2b.

NEW YORK (2) -- Bobby Abreu, of; Daisuke Matsuzaka, rhp.

PHILADELPHIA (4) -- Mike Adams, rhp; mp-A.J. Burnett, rhp; Kyle Kendrick, rhp; Wil Nieves, c.

PITTSBURGH (4) -- Clint Barmes, ss; Francisco Liriano, lhp; Russell Martin, c; Edinson Volquez, rhp.

ST. LOUIS (5) -- Mark Ellis, 2b; Justin Masterson, rhp; Jason Motte, rhp; Pat Neshek, rhp; A.J. Pierzynski, c.

SAN DIEGO (2) -- Josh Johnson, rhp; Tim Stauffer, rhp.

SAN FRANCISCO (5) -- Michael Morse, of; Jake Peavy, rhp; Sergio Romo, rhp; Pablo Sandoval, 3b; Ryan Vogelsong, rhp.

WASHINGTON (5) -- Asdrubal Cabrera, ss; Scott Hairston, of; Adam LaRoche, 1b; Nate Schierholtz, of; Rafael Soriano, rhp.

2. Mattingly23NY

Personally I'd like to see offers made to:

SS Asdrubal Cabrera, or Jed Lowrie.

DH- Victor Martinez

SP's- Max Scherzer only at a reasonable price. I have a hunch Max is going to blow his rotator cuff or elbow out due to his excessive pronation with each pitch.
    SP- J. Lester, the Yanx need a Marquee Lefty SP, since CC seems to of abandoned that role.
    SP- J. Shields

I'd also want to take a long hard look at Johan Santana, tho' with his several consecutive years of being on the DL, that move would be highly risky, and I'd only offer him as little to the minimum as possible. Something tells me, Santana lost his stuff during his 1st year as a Met.

I'd also keep Headley, to play 3rd, while giving Aramis Ramirez an offer to play 1st base. Yet, if Headley can't be retained for less $$$ than Aramis, then give Headley a new contract. Let A-Roid DH on occassion, with Vic Martinez our predominate DH. What would I do with Tex? I'd relegate him to a warm up Catcher and full time Bat Boy, hell let him throw peanuts. His best days are long behind him, and I don't see any resurrection of Tex's career.

Hang onto Prado as well....

Your thoughts....?

3. blgridesagain

blgridesagain team player

Ben Zobrist- how much does he want?

Very good versatile player. Get him.

Andrew Miller - looked very dominant (and healthy) when we last saw him at Baltimore.

Wouldn't mind having him and the kid Jacob Lindgren nailing down the left side of the bullpen.

4. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...I was going to bring up Zobrist also...good all around player, and can play multiple positions... SS too. I read that TB is supposed to make a decision on him by Sunday.

5. blgridesagain

And I'll bet dollars to donuts he can handle 1st base in a pinch. lol

6. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

Ramirez has a $14M mutual option for next season which of no doubt will be settled on. I'm okay with Lester because of the shortage of lefty starters. I'd like to retain Headley. I'd also like someone like Lowrie because he plays 3B, SS & 2B & is a switch hitter.

7. Mattingly23NY

Good input guys.....keep it coming...! :smile:

8. blgridesagain

Ramirez has a $14M mutual option for next season which of no doubt will be settled on. I'm okay with Lester because of the shortage of lefty starters. I'd like to retain Headley. I'd also like someone like Lowrie because he plays 3B, SS & 2B & is a switch hitter.

Wouldn't touch Ramirez, I have a feeling Headley is a gonner..victim of a numbers game.
    And I'm not wild about Lowrie....
    Lester obviously is an excellent pitcher...I guess if the Yanks are willing to drop a ton of money for 5 or more years on a pitcher...so be it. I certainly won't chase him away. lol

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  9. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

I wish to these "lists" took the players already having announce their retirement off this list (a la Jeter Konerko, etc)....

10. yankeesince59

...oh yeah, in fact, I think he's played everywhere on the field except catcher and of course, pitcher.

11. Rick2583

Lowrie is never going to wow anyone but I like him for his versatility (being able to play 3 infield positions). Being a switch hitter who's only 31 & won't cost a fortune (earned just over 5M this past season. JMO.

12. yankeesince59

...my thought are your thoughts. :ghoti:

13. Rick2583

How romantical.

14. blgridesagain

Forget about Zobrist.

The Rays were expected to pick up the $7.5 million option on second baseman Ben Zobrist for 2015 - and they announced it Friday.

15. blgridesagain

Rick, I thought you were talking about Hanley Ramirez when I said I wouldn't touch him...
    Aramis Ramirez YES....I would look into it 3B/1b

16. Mattingly23NY

:rockon::ghoti::tiphat:

17. Mattingly23NY

I wouldn't want Hanley Ramirez if he paid to play.....not after the last 2 years of being Puig's mentor on how to be a lazy ass, who never has his head in the game. the shit I've seen Ramirez not do this year, like cover 2nd for a double play, while hanley gazed into the crowd, it looked like he never even had a clue the ball was hit, let alone cover his bag, and turn 2.

the other major ding against Hanley was watching him swing at strike 3, which went past the catcher to the backstop, and Ramirez made no attempt at all to run the play out. Instead he turned and walked back to the dugout, before the Catcher even had the ball in his possession.

18. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

I know they're minor guys, but Beimel has already said he'll sign with SEA if they offer a contract, and Gutierrez signed (iirc) a minor-league deal...if you're updating.

19. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

id like the giants to re-sign panda, pick up a LF to usurp or platoon blanco (cruz? probably a morse type, if not morse) and identify a nice bullpen piece that can join the core (if they dont bring back romo) like phil coke, andrew miller, girilli, etc

im gonna assume they bring back peavy for like 1/8 million, maybe like 2/14 (hope not)

vogelsong will get a non guaranteed show me type spring training thing

wet dream is bringing in someone like lester or scherzer but i seriously doubt it. lincecum is off the books after next year, and the coffers are full from these WS runs, so it could happen i guess.

the giants are in the position to poach guys near the end of their careers looking to join a team that has proven track record in the playoffs, basically how they got tim hudson this last year.

should be exciting either way, but if i had to guess, its gonna be:

bring back peavy
    bring back morse
    bring back romo maybe

thats about it

20. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

how was brandon mccarthy for you guys? he seemed to like the bay area