OT: The Heat are Hot

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by Denny Crane, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Pundits were quick to dismiss the Heat after LeBron left.

Here we are, albeit early in the season, and the Heat are 3-0, knocking off two tough teams: Washington 107-95, and Toronto 107-102.

Bosh is having a monster season to this point. 25.7 PPG, 11.3 RPG, 4 APG, 1.3 SPG, and he's shooting .545 from 3pt on near 4 attempts per game. His PER is at an MVP level of 29.4.

Wade has slipped, they say. He's averaging 16.3 PPG with 5 rebounds and 6.7 assists. Not known for being a 3pt shooter, he's making 60% of his ~2 attempts per game. His PER is well below his career level at a paltry 18.6. He sucks!

Our good friend Lu is giving them a reasonable 3rd option in their new big 3. He's averaging 15 PPG on .576 shooting and we know what he contributes on the defensive end. They're not playing the hell of him like Thibs did - just 32 minutes/game. His PER is 19.4.

Bulls draft pick Norris Cole has been a pleasant surprise for the Heat. He's scoring 12.7 PPG in 28 minutes.

Mario Chalmers is still the same PG who started for the team that went to the finals four straight years and won two times.

Right now they are the 2nd best team on offense and 14th best on defense. Their point differential is a huge 11.6. Those are championship caliber rankings.

Of course it's early and it remains to be seen if they suffer significant injuries.

2. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

I watched them last night and they looked fantastic.

I agree that they shouldn't be overlooked. A lot depends on DWade's health.

Of course, as we all know, 4 games is not a lot of time to draw firm conclusions so there's a lot of noise in team performance.

3. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Bosh got his two rings so I don't feel sorry for him, but in the 3-star scheme, invariably one of the 3 needs to defer and among the 3 Amegos, Bosh was that guy. I always thought he'd be an ideal #2 offensive option which is why he was my #1 choice in 2010. He's now the #2 option (or maybe 1b) in Miami and he's thriving.

4. TomBoerwinkle#1

TomBoerwinkle#1 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

5. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Seems to me he's their #1 option.

He's taken 48 FGA and 29 FTA to Wade's 45 FGA and 12 FTA.

And there's articles like this one:

Bosh enjoying role as Heat's go-to scoring option

But I agree that he was clearly willing to sacrifice points and glory to help the big three win championships. He was plenty good enough to have big games when needed - he had 23 games of 20+ points last season.