Interstellar **Heavy Spoilers**

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by PDXFonz, Nov 21, 2014.

1. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Probably don't want to be in this thread if you haven't read this movie, so if you are in here I assume you have seen it.

Figure I'd make this since its been out a while and many of you have seen it. I've still only seen it once but I may go see it a second time in theaters.

**I thought it was a great movie. Nolans journey into the brain upon Coops death in the black hole is a very interesting philosophy. I enjoyed all the ethical questions posed in this movie as well. But the ending scenes were what sealed it as a great movie. I don't know about the corniness of Matt Damon being doctor Mann, thus making Mann mans greatest enemy.**

**Did you guys think coop died in the black hole or do you think he went into a 5th dimension? I've heard more people who think the latter.**

2. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla Well-Known Member

I usually don't even pick what I think happened when movies end in ways like this. But I will say I loved the movie, I just wish they made it harder to figure out that Matthew McConaghey was the 'ghost'. Me and a couple of the people I was with realized it pretty early, but I guess it didn't take too much away from the movie.

3. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Died and what, came back to life? The movie didn't end with him in the black hole. Unless you think the space station was an illusion/heaven, which is harder to argue, I think.

4. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

I was hoping Matt Damon's first words after being unzipped would be "MATT DAMON!"

5. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

I think this is precisely what happened and would have been harder to follow if not for some of the things dr Mann said oregarding seeing your children before death. Coops mind created the circumstances that Made him believe his mission was a success. I think there is some legitimacy to this function of our brain upon death.

I struggled with explaining the bookshelf at first, but came to the conclusion that Murph could have fabricated the fact that there was a message in the bookshelf. She made up that it said stay because she didn't want her father to leave.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  6. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Haha I was thinking about the same quote. That would have been hilarious.

7. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;e3LxQJ6xvyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3LxQJ6xvyA[/video]