Manny Pacquiao dominates Algieri

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by truebluefan, Nov 23, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

The great Manny Pacquiao did everything he could possibly do against Chris Algieri other than get a knockout in a one-sided thrashing to retain his welterweight world title.

Pacquiao, boxing's only eight-division titleholder, scored six knockdowns and dominated virtually every minute of the fight to win a lopsided unanimous decision before a sold-out crowd of 13,201 on Sunday at the Venetian Macao's Cotai Arena in Macau. Now the only question remaining in his legendary career is whether he will ever get fellow welterweight champion and pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. to agree to fight him after years of the biggest fight in boxing going unmade, mainly due to Mayweather's reluctance.

"The people deserve that fight. The fans deserve that fight," Pacquiao said at the post-fight news conference. "It's time to make that fight happen. It's been a long time. I want that fight. They're always denying the fight. I think the fight has to happen."

Read more http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/i...-unanimous-decision-retain-welterweight-title