Red Sox about to make a BIG splash.

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by JeterRules20, Nov 23, 2014.

1. JeterRules20

JeterRules20 Member

Reports are they are cl I se to signing Hanley Ramirez and the are still trying to sign Sandoval. Hope Cashman is watching and working hard.

2. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

Yanks should focus on what's best for the team, not just reactionary to the Sox...

3. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...Hanley and Pablo won't help them unless they also get some pitching.

...as of now their ace is Buchholz...who finished 2014 with a stellar 5.34 ERA...1.39 WHIP...and a .273 BAA

4. JeterRules20

JeterRules20 Member

From what I have read they will trade an outfielder to two and some young infielders for pitching.

5. yankeesince59

...I think the Sox may have screwed up by not coughing up the money earlier to retain Lester.

6. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

I agree & from what I hear they're trying to sign him also. Hanley is a head case, good luck with that.

7. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Head Case Hanley signed with Boston, Mattingly loses one Head case and is probably very happy.

8. JeterRules20

JeterRules20 Member

Now that he is with Boston the media will say it is a coo and a huge signing and he is the next coming of Moses. Ok now on to the Yankees. Who will they sign to this very needy team.

9. yankeesince59

...I thought the Sox had learned their lesson about taking on bad contracts when they purged them a couple of years ago?

10. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

Apparently not.

11. yankeesince59

...Yeah, Sandoval is a good player but I'll be surprised if he does not give SF a legit opportunity to retain him...they may have to overpay but like I've been saying, that's the way free agency works. From what I've heard, he's still firm about getting 6 years...so who knows?

...Hanley just scares me on more than one level...and they're talking about him moving to the OF...but the Sox OF already is looking pretty crowded...so again, who knows?

12. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    All good valid points guy and Jill....

Hanley is beyond a head case. Any team signing him are in for a huge head case let down....

Recall earlier this season, here in L.A.: On a strike 3 passed ball, Hanley did not so much as take a step towards 1st base, he simply turned around and walked back to the dugout....

During a shift, with Hanley but 5 feet directly behind 2nd base, a hard ground ball was hit to Dee Gordon at 2nd, Dee fields the ball cleanly, turns towards 2nd, his arm already in motion, to side arm the ball to Ramirez, to turn 2. While Ramirez was 100% not in the game mentally. Ramirez never covered 2nd at all, he was staring into the stands, and might of well been picking his nose. He was that far removed from being in the game.

Hanley was caught on Video, with Puigy, both goofing off in front of the camera, while screwing around with a TV Gamer reporter, who stood on the top step of the dugout.....

Hanley, IMO, takes more time off, on the DL. Yet, He's not disabled, rather- Ramirez is one of those guys, who won't show up to work, other than when HE wants too. No Team deserves this type of a once very good talent, who has began his demise, from the moment he left FLA.....

HR can carry a team for long periods of time, with his bat, but really not since 2009. He had brief moments in 013 with his bat, but played in 82 games in 2009: 82 Games: 20 HR / 105 Hits / 57 RBI's / .345 B'Avg/

HR had very good years, from 2006 ROY, to 2009. In 2010 HR played in 142 games, and since then his average over six years, from 010 to 014, HR has averaged playing in only 100 games....pretty shoddy, for a guy who seems to be injured most of the time, or is merely fkng off, not wanting to play anymore than he has too.....

HR is the epitome of a person, who does as little as possible on the job, yet bitches and complains he's not making enough money. Do as little as possible, for as much money as you can. MLB owes HR nothing.....Honestly this is a time when Owners Collusion is necessary, to keep HR out of MLB, or send him back to AA Minor Lgs.

And Yes- Fans pay $25 to park, $75 to $300 for the best field level seats, $50 for 2 Hot Dogs, 2 Sodas, and 2 bags of Peanuts, = a minimum of $150-375$, just to watch Hanely not run out a passed ball............WTF

13. Mattingly23NY

Damn that was a long UN-necessary thread....

but then, that is how infuriated I get, when thinking of HR, who could of been a contender, yet became a pretender instead.....:evilfire::onfire:

Most LA Fans have become a HR-:hater:

14. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    I think the Bostons will find Hanram to be the second coming of Joe Shit the Rag Picker. Imagine how the Fenway Faithful will be when he starts dogging it. He's going to find out that Boston Fans are much more intimidating and into it than fans of his previous teams.

15. bern_baby_bern

bern_baby_bern Member

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised to see them go down this road again. And now the talk is of the glut of outfielders they can trade for a quality arm. Who exactly returns them an ace? Cespedes is a pending free agent.

Yanks have their own problems and need to focus. No need to react to this.

By the way, it's the Yankees that are ruining baseball. Right?

16. yankeesince59

...lol...yeah, that's the rumor.

17. Mattingly23NY

#1- Yep, your right on target YankFan..........L.A. Fans are some of the most leisure supposed Fans I've ever seen in my life. I can't recall any Dodger Stadium moments, when anyone was booed, even the other team, not a peep. LA Fans are Lackadaisical, to say the least, they know little about Baseball, in general. They show up around the 2 inning, and leave during the 6th inning. Trying to beat the Freeway Rush, only to create a Rush of their own....

#2- "The Yanx have been ruining baseball, since King George bought the Team".....LOL....The evil dark empire, or so I hear, LMAO.....(the peeps who say as much, are always jealous of the Yanx, especially during their WS victories)....
    Those Fans are also like Dodger Fans....buy a dog, a beer, peanuts, then go home after they eat, about that 6th inning....