Frankie Edgar demands a title shot

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, Nov 25, 2014.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/11/frankie-edgar-wants-champ-jose-aldo-in-aprils-ufc-on-fox-15-headliner

Edgar is staking his claim regarding the title picture at 145-lbs., hoping that if he makes enough noise he can get ahead of Conor McGregor in line for the next title shot.

It's been nearly two years since Edgar fought Jose Aldo at UFC 156, losing four of five rounds in what was his featherweight debut. Since then Edgar has beaten Charles Oliveira, BJ Penn, and Cub Swanson. Aldo is also 3-0 in that time, defeating Korean Zombie, Ricardo Lamas, and Chad Mendes. The champ is on an 18-fight winning streak.

[​IMG]

2. speeds

I think everyone is more interested in seeing Conor at this point, IMHO.

3. ktrulez

ktrulez blessed era

I won't be against seeing Frankie vs. Conor for a shot at the champ if McGregor gets by Siver.

4. speeds

It'd be a great test for Conor but it's a fight that can happen after he fights Aldo. No need to dispose of a contender in that weight class what with how few there are at the moment.

5. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I agree with Frankie, but I think Conor is too big of a hype train right now to slow down. The UFC needs a star in a bad way and Conor is turning out to be that star. Let Frankie get the winner of Conor/Aldo if that fight materializes. Frankie should beat anybody else in that weight class and I would probably favor him over McGregor with his technical boxing and wrestling.

6. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

I think it will come down to how convincingly McGregor defeats Siver as to who get the title shot. I do think they've been careful to not put McGregor in vs an elite grappler so far and he's only beaten one top ten fighter thus far. There's no doubt Frankie has faced and beat the better competition to earn the title shot.