There are Braxton Miller to Oregon rumors?

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by santeesioux, Nov 26, 2014.

1. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
  2. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I don't know how I would feel about him coming here. I trust our system of developing talent and I don't like bringing in some ringer who doesn't know Oregon football. Not saying it would happen, but that's how I feel if it did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

If this picks up steam on Oregon's end, one might conclude that Helfrich and Frost aren't sold on Lockie and Mahalak yet, and want to give Waller a year to redshirt and learn the ropes.

With the kind of offensive weapons we'll have next year, Royce, Tyner, Carrington, Stanford, Allen, Ofodile and both Browns to name a few, it's hard to think we'll need a Marcus clone to be worse than a 3 loss team. That's acceptable damage for what we are losing on both sides of the ball.

Could Miller come in and lead us to that kind of season? I think so, but more importantly do we want this kid going to a team we'll line up against? Could he be a Russell Wilson type for a year at Wisconsin? He doesn't have Wilson's arm or release for sure. I sit on the fence with this one, only slightly tilted towards yes because of the potential recruiting swing it could give the Ducks instantly for all those recruits who think without Marcus we are dead ducks walking!

Guess well see.... That said, I really like Mahalak from film I've seen and he does have a nice release and decent arm with a good head on his shoulders.

Waller I think could be Miller on steroids in two years with a much stronger arm, if he could just get that passing motion under control!

4. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

Would be a damn good stop gap...

5. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

following a Redshirt year under QB coach Helfrich, Darron Thomas led the team to the National Championship Game. Following his Redshirt season, Mariota wasn't too shabby right out the gates either. For next year I'm much more concerned about their line play on both sides of the ball then I am about who wins the QB battle. Recall all the sacks and how the run game went without Fisher? He'll be gone along with 2 other long time starters on the OLine.

without any indication that he's even considering leaving tOSU, Miller seems a pipe dream

STOMP

6. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

A pipe dream that I really don't even think we need to smoke.

7. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

I'd take him personally. Not a bad stop gap while letting Mahalak, and Waller get some seasoning. For me, Miller raises the "floor" when it comes to next season. As in with him, I'd say 2 losses in a year would be my worst case scenario, while with Mahalak or Lockie I could see the floor at 3 or 4 (not expecting that mind you, just possible with growing pains, though as pointed out, Mariota and Thomas turned out ok) The conference is just so much deeper IMO than it was before.

8. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Dammit, I was hoping to tryout at QB for the Ducks next year.

9. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

Braxton is staying at OSU. Barrett got hurt.

10. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

even if he tore an ACL, 9 months back to game action isn't unheard of. :dunno: