Calling Out Chris Kreider

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Messiah717, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I know we all like this kid but frankly he's doing absolutely nothing. We're honestly still waiting for the potential we have seen glimpses of to kick in. I realize he's still only 23 but he needs to seriously get his game jump started.

2. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

2 goals in 12 Nov games. 4 goals all season. On pace for 16 goals. Not good enough. I think most of us expected 25-30 goals. Hopefully he wakes up soon...we need him.

If Nash wasn't playing like a super stud we'd be in trouble right now, but thankfully he has been so we are right there still. Need to get a run going. Hopefully getting McD back Friday, or more likely Saturday, will get us going. We'll be fully healthy for the 1st time all season.

3. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

he needs to find some balls and drive to the net consistently and score some dirty goals. This guy is one of the strongest in the league. Plays way too much on the perimeter.

4. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

They need a roster tweak, or two, and find a way to get Glass out of there.

5. chuckd3534

We have a way to get Glass out...just put ANYONE else in for him...LOL.

6. Ranger71

Yeah basically, he's flat awful, 3yrs worth. Wow, good one Glen.

7. Messiah717

We all know about Glass but when it comes to guys like Kreider you just cannot afford to have one of your top forwards doing nothing. Kevin Klein has four goals as well for christ's sake.

8. chuckd3534

For sure, Glass needs to be gone as our 12th forward, but a guy like Kreider not scoring is a bigger issue, same with Zucc really...4 for him also.

Shows you how much Nash has carried this team so far if you really think about it.

9. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Kreider has been playing soft ever since he was tossed out of the game
    against Minnesota. It's obviously had an effect on the kid. He needs to sack up and start getting after people again.

10. Ranger71

Kreider definately needs to produce more, and get around the net. Fast is a decent little player but i would personally include him with Miller and another piece for help now. Someone like Glencross or Boeddker maybe.

11. Messiah717

Another big issue with this team is there's no defined leader. Messier would've stuck his foot up Kreider ass by now to get him going.

12. chuckd3534

Is that because McD has been out or do you think he needs to find his voice as captain still? I think the latter given he is young and just becoming a leader. I would guess the real leader voices would be Staal, Girardi, and especially MSL? McD and Stepan are the future leaders, but for now I'd say those 3 need to be the main voices (along with McD saying stuff because he is the captain).

13. Ranger71

It's actually pretty impressive they're currently in playoff position being as short defensively as they have, but they need to make a move for a forward sooner than later to make them better into the new year.

14. chuckd3534

That's what I think also sc. I am really not upset with our current position given all we have been through, but now we have to take off otherwise we risk trouble later in the season.

15. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Kreider should loose ice time at this point. I would move Duclair up to one of the top 2 lines and Kreider down to the 3rd line.

16. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Every time CK shows the slightest bit of aggression he gets put in the box. Even at the end of last night's game he gets called for a cross check when he barely touched Stralman. However earlier in the game he received a perfect pass in the slot and took too long to get a shot off. I think AV needs to mix up the lines a bit.

17. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

I was laughing. That imbecile Pasta on SportsHoopla with Doobie, who were the worst trolls on the ESPN boards were actually complaining about me trolling and shutting down the ESPN boards. I tried to tell certain people here that both of those buffoons were mentally impaired and should be in straight jackets.

18. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

I think Kreids will be fine. The kid is all over the place causing havoc in the offensive zone. And yeah he hasn't finished a lot yet but the kid leads the league in posts and if he keeps getting the opportunities the goals will come. I agree with someone who said he's a little leery on his hits after that last bogus game misconduct he got that no one else in the league gets and the league never even looks at the play afterwards. Would like to see some of our veteran like St.Louis and Nash start to get all over these refs when these crap calls happen and let them know the call is bullshit. I think if Messier was here this bullshit with kreider and the refs would have stopped a long time ago. Unfortunately, AV just stands there with that dumb ass look on his face when these calls happen. Wish he would go crazy sometimes even if it costs us a 2 minute penalty to make his point and stand up for his players. As for Glass I'm with you guys. Doesn't appear to be a reasonable explanation why this guy is on the team. He's obviously not here for offense and he doesn't protect his players. If he's here as muscle Big mac would be a much better choice and get a better offensive player on the 4th line.

19. Messiah717

I don't want to hear how he will be just fine. He's a complete void out there on the ice. He honestly deserves to be benched right now.

20. Ranger71

He's lost defensively.