The T-Rob Watch

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Fez Hammersticks, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    Third straight DNP-CD...

The time that he has played so far this season has been garbage time...

Five of the seven pre-season games was in garbage time...

Option not picked up, it's a contract year...

How long until his agent starts to put Neil's feet to the fire to get him to another team?

2. fumanchu

fumanchu Active Member

I think TRob will be directly responsible for 1 win this year. That alone is worth keeping him as our 12th man.

3. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

I think he already has been. There has been a few games this season where his energy turned games around

4. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Name one. The only game where his energy has made a significant positive contribution was the GSW game, and we lost that one.

BNM

5. Mediocre Man

I seem to remember Cleveland and Dallas he made a big difference. Didn't we struggle early in those games? I am pretty sure we did. He and Barton made huge impacts with their energy.

6. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

If we're not going to play him, trade him. I'm sure someone would take a flyer on him. I would trade Robinson, Barton, and Wright for a wing.

7. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Who? I wouldn't be close minded about it.

I don't know if you've noticed from the last game, t.rob's thumb was taped up pretty bad. I don't know if he maybe injured

8. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Anyone who would be good enough to play?

9. KeepOnRollin

KeepOnRollin Well-Known Member

I don't think it is a talent issue as much as a number crunch issue and POR wanting to keep his next contract down if at all possible.

With that said, I would certainly trade him in some deals.

10. Boob-No-More

Nope, in fact the Cleveland game was the exact opposite of what you "remember".

The only thing we struggled with in the Cleveland game was stopping LeBron in the 1st quarter. Our offense was firing on all cylinders and scored 31 points in the first quarter. Then Robinson, Barter and the rest of the bench entered the game at the start of the 2nd and we scored a total of 7 points in 6 minutes. We were down by three when Robinson entered the game and down by 3 when he left. In the final 6 minutes of the 2nd after Robinson and Barton left the game and the starters re-entered we went on a 17-9 run and took a lead that we never relinquished. The starters extended that lead in the 3rd quarter (mostly by shutting down LeBron) and we won going away. Robinson's and Barton's "energy" had nothing to do with that win. The only time we struggled to score in that entire game was when they were both on the court during the first 6 minutes of the second quarter.

Our bench did give us a boost in the Dallas game, but but it wasn't Robinson and Barton, it was McCollum and Kaman that gave the bench a collective +3 points at the start of the 2nd quarter. That was C.J.'s best game of the season (so far) with 13 points and 3-4 3FG. But, as usual, if was the starters that won that game for us. The starters (plus Blake and Kaman) went on an 35-18 tear in the 3rd quarter to put that game away. Neither Robinson nor Barton played one second in the decisive 3rd quarter. Their only "contributions" came during 4th quarter garbage time with the game already decided. I know there is more to "energy" than stats, but if that energy doesn't lead to anything positive, it's wasted. What I see when Robinson and Barton enter the game is an occasional spectacular, amazingly athletic play combined with a shit ton of stupid, unforced turnovers, dumb fouls and blown defensive assignments. Yes, our bench did give us a boost in the Dallas game, but it was Kaman, Blake and McCollum (especially Kaman and Blake in the decisive 3rd quarter). Even counting their garbage time contributions, Robinson and Barton scored a combined 3 points on 1-5 shooting, had 4 REB, 3 AST and 4 TOV. By comparison, Kaman. Blake and McCollum scored a combined 33 points on 13 of 19 FG (5 of 8 3FG), 9 REB, 6 AST and only 1 TOV.

Your memory seems to be failing you. Seems more like wishful thinking than an accurate version of the actual events as they occurred.

BNM

11. Natebishop3

At this point, I would trade for Corey Brewer. I still think we need one scorer off the bench.

12. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    I don't think brewer is that guy you are talking about. He seems to be a more defensive player. Most his scoring comes from fast break and slashes to the basket right? I haven't paid much attention

13. Mediocre Man

No, you are wrong. You keep speaking of scoring, instead of actual overall impact. Than again, any reason to stalk me on this site, I guess?

14. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

He would probably be happy in Phoenix with his FOE.

15. Natebishop3

If we could get Gerald Green, I would be ecstatic, but I'm not sure what Phoenix would want. I doubt Robinson/Barton/Wright would be enough.

16. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    I didn't like it then and certainly don't like it now but Morey won that trade.

K-Pap shot isn't falling and still adjusting to the speed of the NBA but he's smart and knows where to be.

Right now Robinson's trade value is at an all-time low - he's fodder/filler/exp. deal.

17. Boob-No-More

No, I'm not wrong. If the relative score of the game doesn't change from the time he enters to the time he leaves, how exactly did he have a positive impact on the outcome of the game? I wasn't talking about Robinson's individual scoring (which is abysmal), I was specifically referring to overall impact on the game. You mentioned "remembering" the team struggling against Cleveland until Robinson and his "energy" entered the game when the exact opposite was true. The ONLY time the TEAM struggled against Cleveland was WHILE Robinson was in the game. He had absolutely no positive overall impact on that game. The starters won that game, not the bench and certainly not TRob. We took the lead and pulled away while Robinson was on the bench. How exactly did his "overall impact" win that game for us?

You need to get over yourself. Responding to your posts is not stalking you. That's how this forum thing works. People post their thoughts and other people respond. If you don't want people to respond, don't post.

18. Boob-No-More

Has his trade value ever been high? Sacramento gave up on him halfway through his rookie year after making him a top 5 pick in the draft.. Houston gave up on him after just 19 games. Now, he can't get ff the bench for us. The guy just doesn't get it. He is now in his third season and hasn't shown any improvement since he entered the league and STILL makes rookie mistakes. The ONLY hope for this guy it to get a ton of PT and hope he plays through his mistakes and learns from them. That's not going to happen here, or on any playoff team. He needs to go to a crappy team with no other option at starting power forward and even then, it's doubtful he'll ever amount to much.

He's been described as a poor man's Hickson and a less rapey Ruben Patterson - I wish. He's not close to either at this point, and probably never will be. Of course, I hope he proves me wrong, but I wouldn't bet on it.

BNM

19. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Why does Green's name keep coming up? Has there been trade speculation about him? He started 48 games last year. Phoenix seems to like him. He seems like a long shot to me.

Personally I think we need another PG. If Blake or Dame gets hurt we are screwed. We may want to save any trade assets for an injury.
    Once CJ is back, he and Crabbe and Kaman and Joel will provide enough scoring. Sure I would like to add someone really good to come off our bench, but that will only happen closer to the deadline when some teams know they are out of it. And that is a long shot as well.

20. Mediocre Man

Nope, just you. Other people are fine.