The defenseman on this team are incompetent clearing the crease

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Nov 27, 2014.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

They let a small forward in Callahan stand in front by himself in both games this season. Staal is leading the way. Another reason why a McIlrath is badly needed on this pansy defense.

2. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

I forgot the last time one of the d cleared the crease. Hank gets run over constantly and no one does anything.

3. kreidertime

Looking at this team and how they probably will have to play at least 3 rookies this season because of the cap next year. I think they will have a very hard time making the playoffs. That will really suck because they gave up their 2015 first round pick. I mean, the Panthers really have a better record right now. The f'n Panthers.

4. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

Well, it has been 21 games ZERO of which we have had our full team, so I agree we will most likely miss the playoffs.

This board is awesome...LOL.

5. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

They're just out of position too much, or sliding and guessing. Staal needs to step up a little and earn what he's making.

6. kreidertime

Chuck, you are not seeing the big picture. The big picture is when this team is completely healthy, it still doesn't have a 3rd or 4th line because it simply doesn't have the personnel or AV won't use his farm. There are pieces missing with the full team. If you can't see that you are living in a world of fantasy.

7. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

I agree with you on the 3rd line and have been saying for weeks we need to add another top 9 forward to be complete. I expect we will therefore I am confident we will be fine big picture.

Now you tell me we don't add a top 9 forward and continue to play Glass every game, yeah I agree we'll struggle then.

8. kreidertime

Next year if Duclair and Hayes get a full year of 3rd line minutes, we might have a very good 3rd line. For this year, the team will take a substantial hit. AV has his head up his ass so far with Glass that he needs medical attention to remove it.