Happy Thanksgiving!

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Hammerojustice, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

May you all have an epic Thanksgiving with much food, laughs, & smiles!

I am thankful for my beautiful bride who loves me despite my flaws, my 3 amazing kiddies, & a great job! I am grateful for having the best dad and upbringing! I am thankful for the greatest brother & best man on the planet! I am thankful for my lovely home my bride & I have to raise our children in!

I am also thankful for 27 Yankees World Series Championships of which I was alive for 6 & old enough to remember 5, 3 Stanley Cups I've seen my Devils win, & 4 Super Bowls my Giants win. I've seen the 1998 Yankees (best team I've ever seen play the game) go down the Canyon of Heros for a ticker-tape parade too!

May we all have many more wonderful things come like those which have in years passed!

2. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

You're a lucky man Steve & much to be thankful for. Enjoy your day.

3. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

Happy Turkey Day!

I'm thankful for all the men and women of our armed forces, especially those serving far away from their families.

4. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Happy Thanksgiving all. Enjoy a great day of eating and football with your friends and loved ones.

5. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    I am Thankful for a soul mate of a wife, which we've been happily married for 33 yrs now.

I'm thankful for 3 great sons.

i am thankful for my nieces and nephews, especially the Parent-Less Kids of my departed Brother.

I am thankful for the 37 years of fond memories with Him.

i do get upset, all I have left is memories, and dearly miss my brother as if I lost my arms. The Greatest Man, Brother and Friend, I have ever had.....

Yet, I need to balance gain with loss.....never an easy chore.

I am thankful I live in a somewhat Free Nation, other than living in a 3rd world nation.

I am happy for all elements in this life, even the negative aspects, as those forge the Men we are today. We have to be able to embrace loss, as hard and impossible as it is, to be able to fully embrace life, as loss is a integral part of life, something we all will share in common.....

As much I am thankful for this Thanksgiving Smorgasbord spread of food.

I am thankful for many memories of Yankee Lore, especially the many World Series Pennants, our Team has won.

I am thankful for Nick Saban, coaching the Crimson Tide.....Roll Tide Roll...now where did my Houndstooth hat go?

6. Rick2583

Who the hell are you Fred MacMurray?

7. totus44

Well Steven Douglas was an aeronautical engineer... Coincidence?

8. Rick2583

Good point, now we just have to find out if he ever knew an older guy named "BUB" or perhaps had an uncle Charley.

9. Mattingly23NY

Maybe so, I do wear wing tip brogues on occasion, like Fred. I do have "my 3 Sons"; but none are named Chip. I got a Nephew nick-name of Bub-ba. The only Charley I know other than My M.D. Cousin, is Viet Cong Charley....:lol:

One of my biggest heroes outside of MLB, is/was Jack Northop.....the Man was a Giant amongst great but smaller Aeronautical Engineers........I also met Kelly Johnson several times as well.

I took a few courses right after High School, at the Stella Adler Method School of Acting, but had to choose a sound good paying job, or chase a dream which would otherwise, probably never transpired....!

10. Hammerojustice

I am beyond stuffed.... I mean, like the scene from Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life, Part VI, The Autumn Years where the tiniest morsel would make me burst... Except rather than a dollop of whip cream making the restaurant patron explode, Connor decides to run towards me & do a flying belly flop onto my belly... Holy Crap was that painful...

11. Mattingly23NY

LOL, sounds like you've had a great Thanksgiving Hammer...!

Me, I got up at 6 am, to bake homeade Pies. Kim made homeade Sweet Potato Casserole, taste like a much denser & spicier Pumpkin Pie.

After the Pies were done baking at Noon, I put a huge 15 pound Costco Kirkland Spiral Cut Ham in the oven. My Son had just turned the oven off, after he baked some Home-Ade Cinnamon Rolls, to my dismay, I thought the oven was still on, since I turned it on, and set the temp.

To my chagrin and dismay, the Oven was turned off, and I forgot to turn it back on. The Ham sat in the turned off oven for a bit more than 1 hour, until I began to wonder why I wasn't smelling the fragrance of smoked Ham. Hoping to eat at 2-3pm, its now 4:15, and the Ham has 1/2 an hour or more til its finished. Damn am I starving.

12. Hammerojustice

Lol

Yeah it was good

We had paradise pumpkin pie! Imagine a half pumpkin pie layer on top of a half cheesecake layer... Best dessert ever! Well, baklava might be better, but that's more a Christmas dessert...

Never had sweet potato pie, but my bride makes a sage & butter sweet potato casserole... Still stuffed, but the pie was awesome!

13. blgridesagain

blgridesagain team player

14. Rick2583

I had a very quiet day, I enjoyed what they call a Godfather hero, some potato salad & a few bottles of beer while I enjoyed me football games. Like I said, quiet, but nice.

15. totus44

Grilled 2" thick rib eyes with Santa maria dry rub to med rare. Hot crashed& smashed potatoes and ceased salad with Cadillac margaritas. After dinner a '97 Merlot and a movie.

Turkey dinner tomorrow.

16. Rick2583

There you go. See, we each find contentment in our own way. BTW: what was the movie? Me being a John Wayne fan I watched one of my favorites, El Dorado with Robert Mitchum, James Caan & Ed Asner.

17. Mattingly23NY

l remember that great Monty Python movie, well: The Meaning of Life.....

Don't do it Steve, don't take another bite for the next 24 hours....:lol: Glad you had a wonderful day with your beloved Family, to me that is what Holidays are all about, time with the Family....! Kudos...!!!

18. Mattingly23NY

There you go, Every Day is a Holiday; every Meal is a Feast.....!!!

At least that is how I live Life....and IMO, that is how everyone should live LIfe, a daily sacred quest...Pour me another glass of that 97 Merlot, tho' I prefer a Liebfraumilch, or a over sized bottle of Gewurztraminer.....HooYah....

with a entire weekend full of NCAA FB (my personal Favorite: Roll Tide Roll), and NFL as well....these wine bottles never can be emptied. I put half a bottle in the fridge, and the next morn its full again. You've heard of the tooth fairy, I've got a Wine Fairy.....no pun intended....!

19. Hammerojustice

Sounded great except for the wine

20. Mattingly23NY

:hungry::chef::yummy:
    Hammer, I will swap you recipes for that great Paradise Pumpkin Pie recipe, (Kim and I both love Cheesecakes of any sort, and with Pumpkin Pie as part of it, sounds utterly delicious.

I'll send you a great Sweet Potato/Pecan Pie. i got the recipe from Paul Prudhomme. The bottom half of the pie is a grea sweet potato pie, even better than pumpkin by far, while the top half is a pecan pie. When baked, you get a dual pie, as mentioned, bottom half sweet potato, top half a pure pecan pie. Best of both, which don't integrate into each other. Rather they cook up, to creat a dual layer pie, and on top of that, I can send you whats called in cajun worlds, a Chantilly Lace whip cream recipe, to top that incredible pie with.....
    :hungry::chef::yummy: