A's & Blue Jays trade

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Rick2583, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

2. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Barretto is a great prospect but this is a nice trade for the Jays. Still more pressing needs in the line-up for AA to address but this was a good opportunity to pick up a star.

3. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...this trade was a complete surprise to me...but then again, Billy Beane is noted for such "surprises".

...wish he was the Yanx' GM.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  4. Rick2583

I just figured Donaldson was the type of player that you build your team around & not someone you unload BUT....with that said you can hope that the young players you got back for him pays off.

5. JeterRules20

JeterRules20 Member

As Cashman sits at home watching every other team in division get better. I don't know about you guys but it is time for yankees to make a bold move.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  6. Rick2583

I agree Jill but unfortunate;y the players we'd like to trade nobody wants.

7. JeterRules20

JeterRules20 Member

I know but it is frustrating. Last season was tough and I see it being no different next season.

8. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Donaldson was interviewed via a "Hot Stove" phone con last week and addressed trade issues being part of the business. He also like Reddick expressed total surprise when they traded Cespedes. When asked point blank of hearing his name in trade rumors he answered he'd believe it on occurrence. Hell of a ballplayer that guy. Toronto is building up that offense, unfortunately for Yankee Fans Cashman has run out of the coffee that he's not woke up to and smelled. 2/24/15 is the first day of Spring Training and for me the beginning of Yankee Fan Year number 60. Just waiting to see what the winter meetings will bring.

9. yankeesince59

...still a long way between now and opening day. I'm confident there will be at least 1 big move. They have quite a bit of money coming off the books from this past season.

10. Rick2583

Ron I really don't see much money being available for any thing big happening. Sure there's about $42M coming off between Jeter ($12M), Kuroda ($16M), Suzuki ($6.5), Robertson ($5.2M), Roberts ($2M) & a few others BUT..........they're adding back $21M for A-Rod & then when you take into account the possible resigning of Headley, McCarthy & Robertson all for more money, like I said I just don't see a lot left over for any big signings. That is unless the Steiner boys want to really increase the team salary which I just don't see them doing.

With the other teams in the division improving (Boston & Toronto) all we can basically do is just hope that last years big signings come through in 2015 & improve on there #s from last year.

11. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    Ahhhh shit......

I wonder if Cashman gets nothing but coal, in his Xmas Stocking.....

I'm beginning to think Cashman wears panty hose....It's getting pretty sad, when Teams (especially the AL East) are making all kinds of moves, but not the Yanx. WTF-?

On the other hand, I really doubt Panda-Gut and Hanley will make any kind of splash in Bean Town. Look at Carl Crawfor and A-Gonzo.....didn't play worth a shit in Bean-Town, yet flourished in L.A. Ramirez had 1 decent year in L.A. and I bet the Bosox will find out, they bought fools gold. IRON PYRITE.....!!!

12. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

It is indeed frustrating & a bold move needs to be made, but 1, the Brothers Grimm tie hiss hands, 2, have nothing of real value to trade, & 3, need to make sure it's something that truly improves the team & isn't reactionary to other teams... I don't know what is out there that is truly enough to improve the team...

13. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

That too

14. Mattingly23NY

Yep, it feels and seems like a conundrum for Yanx fans,. sitting on our hands, praying for real change, and acquisitions, when it feels like Santa Claus is passing over Cashmans house, and perhaps Yankee Stadium to.

Oh I forgot, we have the Great Infallible King of MLB returning, that should be enough, my ass...!

Say hello to A-roid, the cure to all Yank probs......my ass....I doubt A-Roid even bats with a .250 Batting Avg.

15. Rick2583

We can only hope he doesn't get out of spring training. No way the Yankees put his lame ass on the field if he's not even hitting at the Mendoza line. $20M or no $20M

16. yankeesince59

...ARod's salary was already a given...and Jeter's salary was more than $12 Mil.(Hal gave him a raise for some reason)

...still, there's roughly $50 Mil that came off the books to spend.

17. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

Ballsy move by Oakland. As you said, Donaldson's not even 30, probably the best 3B in the game, still a few years of club control left. Lawrie has some upside, but it seems that they got 3 not-close-to-ready/no-upside prospects (not even home-run potential). If Beane is trying to get young, why sign Butler for 3 years?

18. yankeesince59

19. Mattingly23NY

Can we still plan on lynching and Hanging A-Roid, if he's below the Mendoza line by the AS Break. Make it look like an accident, when he falls ooops, on the Subway Rails.....

Then cash in on his Insurance...? Hell, for a few of those 3 Kilogram bags of Cheetos, I'll take the shot myself....!

20. Rick2583

Ron you're going to have to show me where there's approx 50M coming off the books. Like I mentioned granted between Kuroda, Jeter, Robertson, Suzuki & Roberts its approx 42M But if you add back the 20M for A-rod which wasn't on the books last year that would make about 22-25M coming off.