Taj questionable for Saturday

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by Denny Crane, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
  2. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

Take your time Taj. Niko's got your back.

Anyone get the feeling Doug is being held out for mental health reasons? He was doing so badly I wouldn't be surprised if the team yanked him from the lineup to give him a breather, watch some game tape, and maybe re-enter the lineup during a homestand against some puff teams.

3. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    I don't know what to make of Dougie. I really expected him to be more ready than most rookies, having been the star player on his college team and a 4 year college player.

The differences for him must be considerable. The athletes are all as good as the best he faced in school. He's really slow in comparison. He's not the focus of the offense - the ball doesn't go through him on every play. It's no longer just a game, he's getting paid. He is playing a new position, regardless of how you want to reason it that he isn't. The games are many more and close together and a lot of travel.

Rather than sit him and make him watch tape, it would make sense to me to get him on the court and run plays that go through him and that are for him. In quantity.

4. such sweet thunder

such sweet thunder Member Staff Member Moderator

Not out of the question. I was wondering if there might be a substance abuse issue. . . or he could just be injured. It's been a tough road for McDermott.

5. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

Substance abuse? Wow, I wouldn't have gone that far. Doug seems like he has his head screwed on pretty straight.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was struggling with depression maybe. Probably wishing he was back on campus with his dad when life was good. He hasn't struggled like this in a long time.

I think he's clearly playing mental games with himself, so hopefully the breather will do him good.

6. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Not to mention his experience of competing against NBA all stars the last two summers to very positive reviews. This was particularly influential for my sense of optimism about McDermott (I usually expect rookies to suck).

Yeah, I join you guys in the head scratching. However, while we're all free to speculate as to the reasons for McDermott's struggles, I urge restraint lest our celebrity status on this very popular site creates some unfair rumor that might go viral.:)

7. such sweet thunder

such sweet thunder Member Staff Member Moderator

Ha, right. My comment was made with the full knowledge that no body reads these boards. :-)

If Mirotic has the highest PER among rookies who've played 150 minutes, guess who has the worst?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  8. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator