Rose's wrist sore from all that shooting

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Dec 10, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Derrick Rose walked across the gym at the Advocate Center wearing an ice bag on his right wrist. Asked what happened, Rose said it was because he has been doing a lot of shooting.

Rose probably meant he's getting plenty of shooting practice, but it also fits into his game performance.

Since coming back from the left-hamstring strain that caused him to miss four games, Rose has tossed up a higher frequency of 3-point shots.

Here's the breakdown: In the five games since he sat out the second half at Denver on Nov. 25, Rose has averaged 7.6 attempts per game from 3-point range, while shooting 29 percent.

In his first five games, before the hamstring injury, Rose averaged 4.6 long-range attempts and also shot 29 percent.

"Yeah, I'm taking a lot, but I feel like that's an easy shot, a set shot," Rose said Monday. "I've said I know I'll have a game where I'll string four or five of them, and it's just going to help my confidence.

"So I can't stop taking those shots that I normally take in practice. My teammates know that they're great shots for me. It's just that I haven't hit four or five in a game yet. I'm hitting two."

Read more http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20141208/sports/141208481/