Yankees Signing Capuano

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by JeterRules20, Dec 16, 2014.

1. JeterRules20

JeterRules20 Member

According to Jack Curry. One year deal 5 million. Not a fan of this signing at all.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  2. JeterRules20

JeterRules20 Member

Guess Yankees really mean it when they say they will nother sign Scherzer.

3. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

4. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Saw Cashman on High Heat and he pretty much indicated that the Yankees are not going after any "sexy" players this off season. He mentioned how Crapuano would be utilized and was reserved in mentioning what A-holes implied duties would be in light of an improved left side of the infield.

5. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...this just in, ...player, agents, and GMs lie.

6. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

No way! thanks for screwing up my Christmas.

7. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

You mean cash isn't looking forward to ahole as the full time DH?

8. totus44

And crap on u has to be a hedge based on CC.

9. yankeesince59

...lol...no way, but you know how these guy posture while being ultra-careful as to avoid saying anything that might come back to bite them legally.

...these people are nearly as credible as politicians.

10. totus44

Exactly. He's lying if his lips are moving. The only condition they'd have regarding negotiating with Boras for Max would be no leaks or no deal.

11. blgridesagain

blgridesagain team player

Capuano - constantly throw garbage (which is all he has) out of the strike zone and hope enough batters chase it and hit enough balls at fielders except when the batters lay off and he falls behind in the count and everyone on the Yankee side has to hold their breath anticipating he's going to throw his straight 89 MPH fastball over the heart of the plate and who knows, the hitter just might not get enough of it and pop it up or hit a ground ball....... whew...I'm out of breath.

He is disgusting to watch...

Tedious and predictably soft.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  12. JeterRules20

JeterRules20 Member

Please tell me we are not dumpster diving again. No Shields? No Scherzer? The Yankees are killing me right now. I just about threw up when I find the Yankees gave Capuano 5 million bucks.

Also who thinks Arod will be the opening day DH?

13. blgridesagain

blgridesagain team player

Altogether now - ready set go.....

Unless some off the field issue keeps him from suiting up for ST, and once there, as long as he can swing the bat without constantly striking out, hits a couple/few balls hard, and is able to run even as slow as Jorge Posada used to...he'll be on the opening day roster.

Whether or not he's the opening day "DH" depends on how "good" or feeble he looks ---see above.
    Don't be fooled - the Yanks are either hoping he falls on his face, or will glady welcome him with open arms if he's a pleasant surprise in ST. Simple as that. There's no big mystery.

14. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    If only the Yanx would of signed Crapuano for Batting Practice only.....tho' no BP Pitcher is worth more than the bare minimum 6 figures.....

When Cappy was let go by the Bums, Cappy could no longer finesse his way with his 87-88 mph Fastball. So he's bumped up his Fastball 1 mph more last year. Cappy would like to think of himself as a finesse pitcher. Tho' thats the very last thing Crapuano is. If the Yankx keep throwing away money, I'm standing in line for my cut...

15. MuskyHunter1

MuskyHunter1 Member

the last few years have been leading up to this. is this really a surprise? cashman = obama. homers are homers but change the tune when it starts to suck....

16. yankeesince59

... who elected "obama"?...and I'm not at all sure how the "homers" reference fits in here.

17. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yup, I've mentioned a few times don't expect much until the Arod, Tex and CC deals are off the books. This is what it is and they will hope for the best from the guys they have in place.

18. yankeesince59

...said it several times, but you can point fingers at Cashman all you want but the blame leads right back to the Steins...they're the one's who not only didn't fire him, they actually rewarded him with a new contract.

...strategy won't change unless the Steins either change it them selves or they sell the team.

19. totus44

Not sure I'm ready for the black hole that an ownership change would bring. I hope the Steins let Jeter buy into the group and takes a sr. role in day to day operations.

As for Cashman, look its obvious the Stein's are insulated but that Cashman has significant access to the point he controls the discussions. If seen this with middle/high mgrs in big corps....its a skillful art to convince the bosses you have a plan and are executing it....all the while everyone else is saying, hey the emperor still is naked!

The real issue with Cashman is his inability to articulate his strategy, or when doing so, stick to it and earn some credibility. While I can understand some of the moves he made, we're left to speculate and even argue about the motives. If the Yanks are one of the top three most financially dominant franchises, he should be able to dictate his vision and execution strategy clearly while not enabling his opponents any opportunity to thwart his plans.

Right now he's a rich kid playing checkers while the Cubs, A's, White Sox are playing chess. Not sure what game the Dodgers are playing, could be checkers or chess at this point in time.

In terms of giving Cashman another 3 years, that does include the span of ARod, Tex and CC. I'm guessing that after 2015....heading into 2016, those three key issues need to be resolved or he doesn't see the end of this contract.

20. yankeesince59

...If either Jeter and his ownership group, or Mark Cuban were to take over, there'd be no "black hole"