On 2nd thought......

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Rick2583, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

At 1st thought I was against trading a hard nose position starter like Prado for a bench player (Garrett Jones). But then I figured, well if nothing else it'll give a chance to see if one of the kids now (Refsnyder / Pirela) can show case what they could bring to the table. BUT........now I read in today's Daily News that Cashman may not want to go into the season without a veteran 2nd baseman & may set his sights now on Asdrubal Cabrera.

I mean WTF? if you wanted an experienced 2nd baseman to start the season, why didn't you just keep Prado.

Stay tuned.

2. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

Rumors

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  3. Rick2583

God I hope so.

4. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

I reserve final judgment for the start of ST when we can fully analyze all the moves. And give him an opportunity to explain what he did, when and why in proper context.

That said Rick, I'm scratching my bald head trying to figure out why the surprises of 2014 that give people some hope for 2015 are gone. Maybe we were supposed to be in a drooling RESP2CT stupor to notice that other 24 guys.

5. yankeesince59

6. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    You know Tom, Rick can help you out with that bald head. He can offer you a business toupee, Mista Bidnez, a long hair 60s flower child, or Dreadlock Jamaican Mahn look complete with a Beanie, and a T-Shirt for the Jamaican Bob Sled Olympic Team. He can offer ya' "Chrome Dome" Head Polish, (can't go near Airport Flight paths tho'), or the stuff he uses daily, a paint on look, from a "looks like Hair" spray on, brown, black or blonde color. You have to mask off your eyes, face and ears 1st......

On the OP- I too am exhausted from trying to figure out this Winter Meeting Movement time of year, and wait til ST; To see who show's up and who don't....!

7. Mattingly23NY

Deleted Triplicate......and thanks Rick, my stuttering got out of control. Reminds me of a TV show, Max Headroom.

8. Mattingly23NY

Deleted Duplicate

9. Rick2583

Holy shit Rob, your stuttering is getting really bad.

10. totus44

I hope that was stuttering.....otherwise his keyboard is glowing under blacklight.

11. blgridesagain

blgridesagain team player

Here he goes....

Cashman said he still could add another second baseman before February.

"Clearly, if spring training were starting today, that is the competition," Cashman said.

With the Marlins in 2014, Eovaldi threw nearly 200 innings, finishing 6-14 with a 4.37 ERA. His 223 hits allowed were the most in the National League. His fastball has been clocked in the upper 90s.

"He has a good arm and he is young," said Cashman, who first asked the Marlins for Eovaldi a month ago and talks progressed from there

There it is - HE HAS A GOOD ARM AND HE'S YOUNG
    And I wish I had a dollar for every young pitcher with a "good arm"...lol
    What is odd is the other young pitcher in the deal (Domingo German,21) wasn't even recognized by a couple of the
    baseball outlets. He pitched over 120 Inn last year started 25 games.....
    - so far, his career minor league stats: 2.33 ERA, 1.15 WHIP 4.5 K/BB ratio which is terrific.

He could be a sleeper in the deal, maybe ultimately better than Eovaldi - possibly.

12. yankeesince59

...yup...I brought this up right after the trade was announced.

13. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Yanks had to make a deal like this. Tanaka probably will go down for the season at some point. Pineda is hurt every other second. CC is a disaster health wise. Nova is always hurt. They need to add some guys who are proving to be durable. Not to mention their first baseman is always hurt.

14. Mattingly23NY

A combination of both, actually.

I woke up on the glowing keyboard, which reeled me in. Woke up, with these keypad symbols embedded into my face. An * between the eyes, like a 3rd Eye, in HIndu beliefs. A ? mark on the rh cheek, a ! sign on the LH side. A few more across the forehead, not mentioned herein.

15. totus44

Wait, so no offer to McCarthy was because why? Injury prone? Not buying it. Either they did the deal to move Prado for some young diamonds in the rough to offset Greene and Phelps and planned on letting the kids compete in ST for 2B.....or he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing and ends up spending years and dollars on a second basemen...... When he could of had a damn fine one this time last year.

I'm looking, just not seeing any strategy at this point given the information available.

16. Rick2583

I agree & if & when he signs someone like Asdrubal Cabrera then we'll have our answer. Me, I'm really hoping he doesn't & instead have one of the kids get a shot.

17. Mattingly23NY

The winter meetings, the trades, acquisitions, and Free Agents, by Teams is utterly driving me nuts. I'm about to turn off the news, until February....I can't remember such an off season, when everything seems so helter skelter.....save the sanity, just say NO..........!!! to observing more rumors than facts.....

Worse than that, is watching the very players necessary being passed on, for dime-store acquisitions. I am not impressed at all this year. Seems more like Cashman is giving away the farm, the present, and banking on sheer stupidity. I guess in Cashmans small brain, is: He thinks A-Roid is going to save not only the Yanx, but all MLB.....($#@%!$)