Derrick, your championship vehicle has arrived

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by transplant, Dec 20, 2014.

1. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

I now believe that Jimmy Butler is a legit efficient 20ppg scorer combined with a 1st or 2nd team NBA All-Defense selection. In other words, I'm reconciling myself to the crazy thought that Jimmy Butler is a top-15 player in the league.

It's also become clear to me that Pau Gasol still has a decent amount of tread left on his tires. 18ppg and 10rpg looks very realistic.

Joakim Noah was the 1st Team All-NBA center last season and DPOY. He has some health concerns, but is still viable.

Taj Gibson, runner-up last season for 6th Man of the Year, is having his best season.

Though the Bulls bench has had disappointments in Tony Snell and Doug McDermott, Aaron Brooks and Nikola Mirotic have been studs.

Mike Dunleavy and Kirk Hinrich are veteran role players who get it.

Oh, and the team is coached by Tom Thibodeau who has a COY trophy in his case and is a candidate for the award every season.

So Derrick, it's all set up for you. All you need to do is to be Derrick Rose. Any interest?

2. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

I agree with your sentiments.

And luckily for us Cleveland looks like it might need at least a year to get it together. Defensively they're very bad, and it's structural. The East is there for the taking.

I'm still not sure if Derrick's stalled play of late is because of physical issues or the fact that he's pacing himself.

3. kukoc4ever

kukoc4ever Let's win a ring! Staff Member Moderator

All Derrick really needs to be at this point is a borderline all-star, no need for MVP Derrick.

If Rose and Noah were their old selves, this would be a romp. Too bad, everything is set up quite nicely. Still could happen.

4. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I agree guys. We still need a wing player to back up Butler and MDJ and also Hinrich. We need to cut minutes for MDJ and Kirk!

Doug was suppose to be the wing player we needed. After all we traded 2 #1's to get him. He has not worked out, yet. It may be next season before that happens.

Snell has let us down. He has not scored at all the last 10 games he has played. We need someone that can give us quality 10-15 minutes a night!

5. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

As I recall, Reggie Rose predicted bis brother would post 19-9-5 this season. Yeah, I'd take that.

6. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    How's his FG %?