HAVE TO GIvE PROPS TO THE ISLANDERS

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Messiah717, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

They're just rocking it right now.

2. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

Outside of that 3 game slide they have been awesome. I just said in the game thread I have a feeling these teams will battle for positioning all season...could be a 2/3 Met playoff matchup. That would be awesome.

3. Messiah717

They tied Pitt in the division tonight even though the Pens have two games in hand.

4. chuckd3534

Yeah, I think Pitt wins the division and pulls away a liitle. They are a really good regular season team. I think the Isles will be with us for 2/3 rather than the Pens for 1.

BTW...when you factor in games in hand we are only 4 back of the Isles. Far from a done deal they finish ahead of us.

5. Messiah717

Four more to go with the Islanders so will be good. If they finish 2/3 then it's a NY/NY first round.

6. chuckd3534

It sure is...I will be in LI next month for one of the games. First time at that building. Looking forward to it.

7. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Just when the isles are actually getting good, they are leaving LI.

8. chuckd3534

The Met started off slow, but they're on fire now. CBJ doesn't lose (only loss in 8 or 9 was in a SO). The Isles are on fire. The Rangers are on fire. The Caps are on fire. The Pens do what they do in the regular season.

Crazy...

9. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

The Islanders have a bunch of clueless kids playoff experience wise and a lot of vets playing over their heads. They will be one and done in the playoffs. That should be the last post about that organization on this board. It will be funny when they have no cap room and lose 3-4 of their best players.

After this season Boychuk will command 6+ million. He will be looking for the last big contract of his career. Leddy is a RFA and he probably will want upwards of 4 million a season. Brock Nelson is a RFA and if he keeps up near his current pace, he's likely to get 4.5 to 5 million on a bridge deal. He's on pace for over a 30-30 season. Visnovski is off the books at a 4.75 cap hit after this season. Next season is where it gets incredibly bad for the Islanders. Nobody wants Grabovski and Kulemin for their lame production and big salaries on long term deals. Grabner is off the books at a 3 million dollar cap hit. Okposo is a UFA. He's looking at a 6 year, 42 million dollar deal from some team. Nielsen is a UFA. He's looking at a 5 y, 25 million deal from some team. Strome is a RFA. If he puts up a 50 point season this year, and a 60 point season next year, he's looking a 4+ million. If they offer Okposo that much, here comes Mr. Tavares saying he wants to redo his contract and be the highest paid player on the team. Believe it or not, some stupid team will give Matt Martin who is a UFA after 2015-16 at least a 4 year deal at 2.5 million.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  10. chuckd3534

Funny how much you hate the Isles (and Devs) dump. They are a very good team right now. Most honest fans can admit that. Maybe they'll have cap issues this summer or next summer, but right now they are very good. With that said we can certainly be right there with them, and in a playoff series at the moment I would pick us due to experience and Hank, but the Isles of course would have a shot to win the series...no doubt. Give credit where credit is due dump.

11. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Alot of their future success depends on how their surplus of dmen prospects turn out, but if they're willing to spend near the cap they'll be a solid team for the next 5-6y.

12. chuckd3534

And they will spend at the cap with the move to Brooklyn next season...I don't see any way they won't. The Isles on Brooklyn. Still think they may change their name at some point, and maybe their colors down the line to the black and white of the Nets.

13. kreidertime

You just completely contradicted yourself Chuck. On one hand you want to give credit to the Islanders after 30 something games. On the other hand you don't want to say the Rangers suck after 30 something games and 6 to 8 poor games vs. the good offensive teams around the league. Which is it? Either 30 games is a good measuring stick or it isn't.

14. Ranger71

The Nets need to add a 3rd trim to their colors, like silver. How boring can you be with black/white?

15. chuckd3534

There's this new thing dump called using your eyes and mind and saying hey that is a good team. I don't just say that team has a lot of points so good. That team doesn't have a lot of points so bad. Obviously that is how you do it, which says a lot, and good for you bro.

The Isles are a solid team. I do NOT think they will stay up near the Pens, I think they will fall back with us, the BJ's, and maybe the Caps (not 100% sold on them yet) in the battle for 2/3 in the Met. But yes I think the Isles are solid.

And like I told you BEFORE they started this great run, watch out for the BJ's...that is a good team as well. The battle for 2/3 in the Met will be very interesting.

16. Ranger71

I don't see them beating out Pitt, but i also don't think Rangers get too close to them either, as i think we battle with Washington and maybe Columbus for the 3 seed or WC.

17. chuckd3534

I disagree sc. I think the Isles will be in that battle with us as well, and the 2 spot in the Met is also open, not just the 3 spot. When you factor in games in hand we could be 4 points behind the Isles, so plenty of time and chances for us to pass them and get 2 if we play well.

18. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

Isles opened my eyes when they beat the Ducks & Kings
    back to back on the road. No easy feat. Not many teams
    are able to do this. Since those wins the Isles have taken
    off. They will be very formidable. If anything, they have
    proved to be consistent......on the positive side.

19. kreidertime

By the way, this is for Mr. Positive Chuck. He'll like this. The Rangers now have less losses on the season than the Islanders. So much for kissing that teams ass.

20. chuckd3534

You are awesome dump. Your Isles hatred pours through bro. I always said we would battle with the Isles for 2nd in the Met, so no surprises to me. The Isles are a solid team. That's all. Not great or big time, and they will come back to the pack as I have said, but they are solid. Just the way I see it.