If you believe anything Eklund says

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Dec 21, 2014.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

he rumored the Rangers to be talking about a Taylor Hall deal. That one I believe because of Sather's ties with Edmonton. It centered around conditional draft picks if Staal was signed according to him. Sather made it clear he's going for it now before Hank is ancient. There also aren't a lot of roster spots. Another player was rumored in the deal. I would not be surprised if it was Kreider if this rumor was true. I can't think of any other player that Sather would move who Edmonton would want. Hope it isn't Stepan. Maybe Sather feels with Miller, Buchnevich and Duclair on the way that Kreider can be moved for Hall. I still remember that Sather said he had a deal done for Stamkos but Tampa's owner vetoed it.

However, Hall is supposed to be a guy that acts like a spoiled brat. That team has no leadership though so it's not hard to see why a kid goes in the wrong direction.

2. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

I think the Oilers could be a good trade partner. Not sure if they deal Hall, but someone on our team could be a fit for a young talented forward, and they get some D and grit back.

I am alone on this, but to me if we are right in it at the trade DL, and we should be, I don't just deal Staal away for picks and or prospects...I wouldn't be able to do it. This is a win now team with Hank at 32, Nash at 30, Girardi at 30, Klein at 30, MSL aging. I couldn't just ship Staal out and leave a huge hole on D and really give up any shot in the playoffs. I rather just let him walk and sign someone else this summer.

I am also not sure how much value Staal would have for Edmonton. I see NO SHOT he re-signs there, so what is the point for them to add him? The 2nd player would have to be a very good player like a Kreider or top prospect for sure I'd say.

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I would still be a bit surprised if Edmonton traded Hall but that would be a great pickup. I'd hate to see Kreider go but i'm starting to wonder a little about him even being a 20g scorer. It would probably take adding a Buchnevich and another top prospect or pick too. I'd like to keep Bucnevich.

4. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

I'd have to believe it was Kreider in that deal. Unless they are that high on either Duclair or Buchnevich.