The Bruins are so screwed with the cap the next 2 years

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Dec 21, 2014.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

it's almost hard to believe. What a terrible job by their front office. They have Subban in goal who is ready to make the NHL. I feel real confident stating that the Bruins will trade Rask and use him to unload another contract like Marchand.

I've thought for a long time that the deal you might see is Rask and Marchand to the Oilers for Hall and Fasth. Oilers finally get a goaltender and some grit up front. Fasth is a UFA after this year so the Bruins dump 11.5 million off the cap, take back 6. Deal makes a lot of sense if you think about it for both teams.

2. kreidertime

I'd also be trying to get rid of that Chara contract if I was the Bruins. I'm sure they could find some team stupid enough to still believe in Chara if they were willing to take back some money in the deal. Quietly, the Bruins are sitting 2 games over .500 after 33 games played. I would not be surprised to see the Bruins start to clean house. To me, that is a team that might control the trade market.

3. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

I agree on Boston. Still have talent, but in cap hell. Battling for a playoff spot, which is not the norm for them. The Seguin trade has totally blown up in their faces. They are on the down swing unless they pull a rabbit out of their hat.

4. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

They went to two finals in three years and won it all once. There comes a time when you have to move on and regroup.

5. chuckd3534

For sure...and this is their time. I would sign on for that if we win the cup...:).

6. kreidertime

That beatdown last night might be the final draw. Still think the deal for them would be to move Rask and a player like Marchand to the Oilers for Hall. They might have to part with prospect like Spooner also. Makes sense for both teams. Let's face it. The Oilers most likely are landing one of the top 2 picks. They can draft a franchise center. Marchand is a pretty solid 20-20 wing. He actually plays defense. Getting Rask would give them a stable goaltender.

7. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Seguin not staying there will hurt them even though they won a cup with him.

8. chuckd3534

They mentioned Boston in on Hall last night. He would be a good get for them. Also said Hall is being made the scapegoat out there, and most likely that is a summer deal when all the teams can drive up Hall's price for the Oilers. To me they HAVE to deal some of their higher end talent for a goalie and/or grit...MUST. Even if they take a talent hit, so what since they have a ton of that and no goalie or grit or D.

Most likely top 2...the Oilers are a lock for 1 IMO dump...not most likely top 2...LOL.

If they can get a goalie like Rask they should jump on it. They need a goalie and grit/D.

9. kreidertime

I'm quite sure the Oilers will want Subban but I don't think Boston will trade him because of their cap situation. I think they move Rask. I also would not keep Lucic if I was them. Not for 6 million. Lucic is a moron. Perhaps a Lucic for O'Reilly swap? I could see the Av's wanting some protection for their young stars as well as a wing. Bruins getting O'Reilly means they could move somebody like Kreji for some youth.