Deron Williams

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by BrewCityBuck, May 10, 2007.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

He's kind of been overshadowed most of the season, and now in the playoffs with Boozer doing his thing, but this guy impresses the hell out of me. What are your impresstions of him so far in the playoffs?

2. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>What are your impresstions of him so far in the playoffs?</div>He's living up to his expectations of when he was drafted. He's a pg with bulk but with quickness. Backing down Davis can't be easy and he's doing it well. That opens up his teammates. Bonus is he can shoot well from mid range and 3. Solid player all around and probably going to be one of the premier pgs in the league for years to come.

3. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Deron Williams is hands down my favorite point guard in the league. I was a huge fan of him at Illinois and he has been my favorite 2005 draftee from the beginning. People talk about Chris Paul a lot, as they should, but Deron really isn't that far behind him at all. Like Rok said, he's going to be one of the premiere point guards in this league for years to come. He does it all: he's strong, he's tough, he's got great court vision and he's an outstanding playmaker, he runs the floor well, he he runs a halfcourt offense beautifully (Utah really was the ideal fit for him), he can hit the 3, he can pull-up, he can take it to the basket. The kid has the total package on top of his personality.

4. primetime

primetime Get Your Popcorn ready again

I didnt think Boozer would become such a great player but he is reminding me a lot of Malone and Grant in their primes, maybe not as good but he is emerging as a top tier PF. Utah could make it to the conference finals(last time I was here I could never imagine myself saying that) as far as Deron he's a great young pg, but id still rank chris paul above him.

5. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

Deron Williams is exactly who the Jazz thought he was going to be, a top PG who was the lead them into the future. I think we can stop asking if the Jazz made the right choice when they took him over Paul, because obviously they did. He's proven he can win and can lead a team, something Chris Paul hasn't really been able to do as of yet.I've watched Deron now for two years in Utah, plus I watched him in Illinois because it was rumored thats who the Jazz wanted, and he just gets better and better each time I watch him play. He does have a tendency to fall in love with the jumpshot, but during the post season he's seemed to have figured out if he goes to the rim and can get fouled so he is doing that more.

6. KMart?

KMart? BBW Elite Member

Like Boozer, Williams has developed into perhaps one of the NBA's most under-appreciated players.Williams is crafty, the kind of player who can rack up a dozen assists and you wouldn't even know it. He's not "Allen Iverson" quick, but he has an incredible ability to get from Point A to Point B. Steve Nash isn't the fastest guy, Stockton wasn't the fastest guy, but those guys had an unmatched awareness of how to dribble the ball and the exact locations where defenses can be broken. Williams posses that, moreso that even Chris Paul.His jumpshot is improving, although it still isn't overly threatening. Deron is also vintage-Utah gritty, and can play defense respectively. Deron Williams is an incredible basketball specimen, one I look forward to seeing blossom the upcoming years.

7. The Truth

The Truth BBW Graphics Team

I heard a lot of talk about him during the season idk how he was overshadowed