Wade could miss start of next season

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by Silver Man, May 11, 2007.

1. Silver Man

Silver Man BBW Member

MIAMI -- Heat coach Pat Riley said Thursday he expects Dwyane Wade to undergo surgery next week and is not certain the guard will be available by the start of next season."We know that he's going to have surgery and we know it's going to be soon," Riley said. "I do think something's going to happen surgically next week."LocalLinks Riley said he did not know if Wade first would address the tendinitis in his left knee or dislocated left shoulder."I would say the most pressing is his knee, because he has spent two and a half months rehabilitating the shoulder," Riley said. "Both things will have to be addressed, one way or another."There is a possibility Wade could bypass surgery for the shoulder he dislocated Feb. 21. He returned for the final two weeks of the regular season and playoffs, but hardly as the aggressive presence he was before the injury.Riley said complete rehabilitation is the priority, rather than getting the guard back in time for training camp or the start of the 2007-08 season."When you're talking about some surgery that might take six months, then you can't put a timetable on that," Riley said.With his third-team All-NBA selection Thursday, Wade became the second Heat player to be named All-NBA three consecutive years, joining Tim Hardaway, who was All-NBA from 1997 through 1999.Wade became the first guard to make an All-NBA team while missing at least 31 games since Pete Maravich earned second-team honors in 1978 with the New Orleans Jazz, when he missed 32.

2. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

Would suck for the Heat, they really need to come out next year and start out on a solid start. We don't know what they have planed for the off season, but I could see them getting a better point guard and maybe dealing out James Posey. But yes, it's big for the champs[for now anyways] to come out strong next season and show everyone they are still very well contenders.

3. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

I don't necessarily think they have to come out strong at the beginning of next season. I think they are better off with Wade getting the shoulder surgery (if that is what he opts to do), spend six months recuperating from the surgery, and come back 100%, whenever that may be.Obviously, they have to hover around .500 and be in postseason contention, but as long as they find their groove after the All-Star break, I think they'll be fine. I think it would be beneficial for them to fly under the radar for a while, if that is even possible for a team with Shaq and Wade.But, for Wade's future, he'd be smart to correct the problem surgically because that would decrease the chance of him having recurring shoulder problems/injuries throughout his career.

4. Silver Man

Silver Man BBW Member

5. LightsOut

LightsOut BBW Elite Member

We won't even think about bringing him back until he's 100% recovered from both surgeries. He's missing at least about a month to start the season I heard on the radio.

6. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

The Heat are done imo. Too old. I expect them to get into the playoffs but will lose to Detroit or Chicago.