Stoudemire and Diaw suspended 1 game; Horry suspended 2

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Mobruler, May 15, 2007.

1. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

Consequences on game 5 in Phoenix? Discuss.

2. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

BULL. f*cking. sh*t. NO DUNCAN? David Stern can jump in an oven, god damn goblin.

3. P0W3RBALLIN

P0W3RBALLIN BBW Elite Member

Is this official? Because under the circumstances, Amare should be suspended..But Amare was already on his way to check in, so he already left the bench, so its a different situation.. Diaw shouldnt I think.But it's pretty lame how Bowen can knee Nash in the balls and nothing happens to him. :closedeyes:

4. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

I think it's good they got suspended because if they didn't, then NBA just shows they have a double standard(which they do!)NBA really needs to fix their rules imo regarding suspensions. I see this and I see Benga's last year. And it's like what the F*ck! He got 6 games for going into the stands, and did nothing but help the situation in a suit. Here, we see 1 game for leaving the bench. Jason Richardson was involved in a fan situation during the Dallas series. That got what? 0 games. Also, Richardson's hard foul on Okur warrants no review under the NBA but Stackhouse's foul on Shaq last year does?I bet there's plenty of those from the other teams, but those are the ones that stand out as I'm a Mavs fan.The actual suspension should be on Horry only. But because of the situation the NBA has put themselves with the rulebook and other suspensions, they had to hand out suspensions to Amare and Diaw. Sad and needs a fix.

5. Suns Fan Guy

Suns Fan Guy BBW Elite Member

OUTRAGEOUS this is the only option Stern had that isn't the right call. Somebody go and beat David Stern into a juice put it in Greg Popavich's drink AND HAVE HIM SUCK IT!!!!!!!!!Thanks a lot stern thanks a lot. This rule isn't being enforced right and it has no place in the NBA. Duncan and Bowen CLEARLY stepped on the court. Although there was no altercation the rule states that in order to suspend somebody the altercation has to escalade into a fight. This technically does not classify as a fight because the officials restrained the two sides before it escalated.

6. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Okay, the Stern thing has already started..<u>ITS NOT JUST STERN MAKING THESE DECISIONS, ITS SEVERAL PEOPLE, SO DONT HATE JUST ON STERN</u>

7. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

Duncan deserves it and Bowen too. Bowen has been playing so dirty no fine or anything. Im a fan of Bowen but he deserves it but not sure about Duncan deserving one. Duncan just walked Amare walked with anger and agression when he left the bench.

8. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

This is a HUGE loss for the Suns, the Spurs not so really but Tim Duncan is gonna have his way. This is gonna be some kinda game 5.

9. Suns Fan Guy

Suns Fan Guy BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (austingriz @ May 15 2007, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Okay, the Stern thing has already started..<u>ITS NOT JUST STERN MAKING THESE DECISIONS, ITS SEVERAL PEOPLE, SO DONT HATE JUST ON STERN</u></div>correction Stern and Stu Jackson

10. jkidd51524

jkidd51524 BBW Elite Member

This is like handing the Western Conference trophy to the Spurs, and probably the championship too. Way to go David Stern, ruin the NBA even more! This is your best series and you go ahead and ruin it. This is bullsh**. Its amazing what these Spurs get away with :no1:

11. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>This is like handing the Western Conference trophy to the Spurs, and probably the championship too. Way to go David Stern, ruin the NBA even more! This is your best series and you go ahead and ruin it. This is bullsh**. Its amazing what these Spurs get away with</div>He had no choice.

12. jkidd51524

jkidd51524 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ May 15 2007, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He had no choice.</div>1. Could have said Amare was going to check in, just suspend Diaw2. Say that the situation last night was not a fight, so it wouldn't have mattered that they stepped on to the court.3. To make it fair, suspended Duncan and Bowen also. They stepped onto the court when Elson got flipped, passed the 3 point line. There were a bunch of options, but he decided to be a ass and be strict. So I hope that his ratings go down and people bash him more, its plain bullsh**.

13. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jkidd51524 @ May 15 2007, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>1. Could have said Amare was going to check in, just suspend Diaw2. Say that the situation last night was not a fight, so it wouldn't have mattered that they stepped on to the court.3. To make it fair, suspended Duncan and Bowen also. They stepped onto the court when Elson got flipped, passed the 3 point line. There were a bunch of options, but he decided to be a ass and be strict. So I hope that his ratings go down and people bash him more, its plain bullsh**.</div>You are taking this way too seriously. The series is far from over. Anything can happen, although I do think SA would have won regardless. And IMO no suspensions should have been warrented, but it was one or the other.

14. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

Don't agree with the Amare suspension, but like Rok said the NBA had to do it. The rule clearly states that any player who leaves the bench during an altercation automatically receives a minimum 1 game suspension. I don't agree with the rule, and I think it has to be changed or at least look at it on a case-by-case basis.But, if I'm San Antonio, I'm loving this. I know they lose Horry for two games, but at least they get to play PHX without Amare for one game. If I'm Robert Horry, it would suck if San Antonio loses this series because this is how his career ends... a two-game suspension in his last playoff series.

15. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

I have a few problems with the suspensions and none suspensions announced today.If what Robert Horry did in that series is good for a 2 game suspension, why isn't what Baron Davis did to Derek Fisher worth the same? both were uncalled for and flagrant. so why punish 1 guy and not the other. also, why isn't CJ Miles getting suspended for leaving the bench during the scuffle following the Richardson hard foul on Okur? The NBA needs to start making it fair, the more they do stuff like this the more it leads to the conspiracy stuff and the more it hurts the integrity of the game.

16. STAT

STAT BBW Elite Member

Total BS!!!!!!! Man I was never a big Stern hater before...now I hate him so much it ain't even funny. I don't care about Diaw getting suspended, but Amare getting suspended is terrible.

17. ChuckTheD

ChuckTheD BBW Elite Member

I know a lot of people are extremely pissed off right now, but I gotta say. Big Shot Rob delivers again! This might be the third championship that he's played a HUGE role in a critical time to win.

18. Diawsome

Diawsome BBW Elite Member

I still do not understand how they got suspended when guys like Bruce Bowen, Baron Davis and Jason Richardson get to throw a bunch of cheap shots for free while Amare & Diaw both did nothing but take a couple steps onto the court and now are punished. Where is the league's priorities? cheap shots vs. leaving the bench :dunno: This entire situation should be on David Stern's head. The Suns went to the league a few days ago complaining that the Spurs were throwing cheap shots/dirty plays and the league did absolutely nothing about it and now they expect the team to not stick up for themselves when the league failed to do so in the first place. Someone tell David Stern to be a man and actually show himself at the game tomorrow instead of tucking his tail and running [​IMG]

19. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChuckTheD @ May 15 2007, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I know a lot of people are extremely pissed off right now, but I gotta say. Big Shot Rob delivers again! This might be the third championship that he's played a HUGE role in a critical time to win.</div>Comes through in the clutch...once again. [​IMG]

20. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

my post <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>It's because there really was no "altercation" between James Jones and Elson. If someone pushed one of them then Duncan and Bowen would have been suspended. It's a dumb rule, but I don't think this ends it for the Suns. They proved they can beat San Antonio on the road not playing their best. Now I expect Amare and Diaw to really be focused and help us steal another one maybe. But for now, maybe we can get Burke to start a fight....eh, too bad we don't have a Tractor Traylor type to deck Duncan and maybe start a fight so they get some suspensions too_Oh and I think they said on the radio that Stern won't be attending the game. I sure wish he would. laugh.gif Fans need to go crazy tomorrow. Throw beer, or even better, squids.</div>