Rush Withdraws

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by kingjamez, May 25, 2007.

1. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/123132.html<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>LAWRENCE | Despite his name moving up in numerous NBA mock drafts during the past week, Brandon Rush has decided to return to Kansas for his junior season.The Kansas City native announced in late April that he would test the NBA waters. It was assumed that Rush, if nothing else, would attend the Orlando pre-draft workouts May 29 through June 4. But Rush injured his knee during a pick-up basketball game recently, which would appear to have put Orlando out of the question.Rush announced his return to the Jayhawks in a statement released by the school.?Throughout the process I have been able to give this much thought,? Rush said. ?I appreciate the cooperation I have received in finding out about how the NBA teams feel about me right now. I thought all along that I would more than likely return to school, but it was something I needed to find out about.</div>I think this could be a good decision.. He was projected to go late in the 1st round, and I think his stock can only go up.

2. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

He was one of the guys I was hoping we'd end up with at 32, this is a bit of a disappointment as a Celtic fan. However, this was the right decision for Brandon Rush. He still needs some work, and with Julian Wright leaving, Rush will be "the man" next year. Like kingjamez said, his stock can only go up.

3. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

I think you have to watch it when you draft a Rush kid, his two older brothers have been NBA flops. (sarcasm) I'm not the biggest Rush fan, but hopefully he can prove me wrong and be the man next year and take his game to another level.

4. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ May 26 2007, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think you have to watch it when you draft a Rush kid, his two older brothers have been NBA flops. (sarcasm) I'm not the biggest Rush fan, but hopefully he can prove me wrong and be the man next year and take his game to another level.</div>Who are his two older brothers?Anyways, this was a good decision by him. He was predicted to be picked in the early 2nd round, so it'd better for him if he increased his draft value by playing one more year at Kansas.

5. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ May 26 2007, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Who are his two older brothers?Anyways, this was a good decision by him. He was predicted to be picked in the early 2nd round, so it'd better for him if he increased his draft value by playing one more year at Kansas.</div> JaRon Rush and Kareem Rush.

6. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

He has a torn ACL now from a pick-up game, so it's a good thing he didn't hire an agent. Poor guy. He's going to miss a ton of next season now, and he's going to have to have a monster senior year to get his stock back to where it was.