Possible Second Round Selections?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Pelicans' started by noballer08, May 30, 2007.

1. noballer08

noballer08 BBW Elite Member

What positions/players would be good for the Hornets to look at in the second round?

2. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

Not really sure. For a second round I would say a SF. Maybe Reyshawn Terry from UNC. I cant really think of anyone else

3. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

Even with Armstrong and Simmons on the bench, I think a nice big man would help stir the competition between the youngsters. Both guys never really showed much last season, and I think another F/C would help them earn more playing time. It may be too early to take Glen Davis from LSU in the second round, but I'm sure a player maybe similar to Davis would be perfect here. If worst comes to worst, we'll have to draft another SF like LAZY stated earlier. I trust GM Jeff Bower to make the right call. :dribble:

4. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

Arron Afflalo out've UCLA would be a good fit for sg. Glen Davis would work well as well. I think you guys should focus on a sg/backup sf

5. noballer08

I agree on the SF or PF possibility. I would be all for selecting Glen Davis, but lets remember Brandon Bass's failure to gain playing time so far; Davis has the potential to end up like him. I also like Avis Wyatt from Virginia, who is a Tim Thomas-like combo forward that might have some potential, and James Hughes who runs the floor pretty well.

6. The Truth

The Truth BBW Graphics Team

Carl Landry

7. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Truth @ May 31 2007, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Carl Landry</div>nope, he's a good player, but he doesn't play defense

8. noballer08

They might also take a good look at Nick Fazekas, who I thought had a chance to crack the first round last year. The Hornets usually drop their second rounders, so I guess anything can happen.

9. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

It really depends on what they take at 13. I'm assuming it will be a wing, but you never know. It's tough to talk about stuff like this when you're uncertain about how the lottery picks will pan out and also not knowing about any of the individual workouts. Quite frankly, predicting a mid-2nd round pick is almost impossible.

10. noballer08

That's true, but basically I'm assuming that they take a SG at 13. Given this, they would most likely take a forward in the second round, and these are the guys that they might look at (at least those that I think they should).

11. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noballer07 @ May 31 2007, 02:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That's true, but basically I'm assuming that they take a SG at 13. Given this, they would most likely take a forward in the second round, and these are the guys that they might look at (at least those that I think they should).</div>
    The thing is, there aren't any SG prospects really worthy of the #13 pick in this draft. The best guys that will be available at 13 will be 3's and combo forwards, which you don't need with Peja and West. The only guy that I could see being taken at 13 that fits and is worthy of a lottery pick would be Thaddeus Young, but even then he's a natural SF that isn't ready to guard the quicker 2-guards in the NBA right now.

12. noballer08

I disagree with that; I definitely believe that taking somebody like Nick Young or Derrick Byars would not be a reach at 13, especially if its needs-based. Both of these guys are mid-first round caliber players. If we were talking about taking one of them in the top 10, then it would be different. Now if they both have weak workouts the tune will change, but as of now, I think that either of them would be suitable at 13.

13. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noballer07 @ May 31 2007, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I disagree with that; I definitely believe that taking somebody like Nick Young or Derrick Byars would not be a reach at 13, especially if its needs-based. Both of these guys are mid-first round caliber players. If we were talking about taking one of them in the top 10, then it would be different. Now if they both have weak workouts the tune will change, but as of now, I think that either of them would be suitable at 13.</div>
    Derrick Byars is a reach at 13, there's even an outside chance he slips into the 2nd round (he shouldn't, but it wouldn't be ridiculously surprising). Nick Young is a solid talent, but he's very one-dimensional and I don't think he's worthy of a lottery pick in this year's draft. If you want to get one of those guys, you're better off trading down and getting a little extra in return with it.