Report: Selig `heading toward' suspending Giambi

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by jjdaman20, Jun 14, 2007.

1. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

Re: Report: Selig `heading toward' suspending Giambi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Baseball commissioner Bud Selig is "heading toward" suspending Jason Giambi next week if he doesn't cooperate with the steroids investigation by former Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell, USA Today reported on its Web site early Thursday.The newspaper, citing a high-ranking Major League Baseball official who had spoken with Selig, said the commissioner wants a decision from Giambi by Tuesday. The official was not given permission to comment publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity, the paper said.</div>http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-g...p&type=lgnsAnybody find it ironic he's targeting the best team on paper? Not Barry Bonds but the Yankees? Baseball dug its own hole now Selig is threatening players...OH THE IRONY

2. noballer08

noballer08 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Anybody find it ironic he's targeting the best team on paper? Not Barry Bonds but the Yankees? Baseball dug its own hole now Selig is threatening players...OH THE IRONY</div>Bud Selig is the worst f*cking commissioner in all of pro sports. His naivety is what kills me...but hell, I don't want to get into this whole Barry Bonds argument.

3. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noballer07 @ Jun 14 2007, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Bud Selig is the worst f*cking commissioner in all of pro sports. His naivety is what kills me...but hell, I don't want to get into this whole Barry Bonds argument.</div>I agree...no need to discuss Bonds...too much...

4. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jjdaman20 @ Jun 14 2007, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-g...p&type=lgnsAnybody find it ironic he's targeting the best team on paper? Not Barry Bonds but the Yankees? Baseball dug its own hole now Selig is threatening players...OH THE IRONY</div>Yeah, it's not like theres an ongoing steroid investigation on Bonds right now...Didn't Giambi basically admit to steroids a couple years back? He made it rather obvious when he came to spring training a year after the steroid scandal about 1/2 the size he was before...Anyways, I doubt Selig is targeting the Yankees in any way, he's just targeting the biggest idiot on the Yankees right now.