Alston to Improve Next Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by kobetmacyao01, Jun 26, 2007.

1. kobetmacyao01

kobetmacyao01 BBW Member

I think that Rafer Alston will really improve next season with the new offense of Rick Adelman.JVG did not know how to coach Rafer Alston and use him correctly. JVG ran the no point guard offense which made Rafer not a very good player. JVG's offense is just based on T-Mac and Yao and everybody else just shoot corner 3's.Rafer IMO is one of the most underrated point guards in the league today. I think he'll be a pretty good playmaker in the 07-08 season.

2. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

All I'm hoping for is a better shot. [​IMG]

3. kobetmacyao01

kobetmacyao01 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dsounG @ Jun 26 2007, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>All I'm hoping for is a better shot. [​IMG]</div>yeah I know, its been pretty bad in the 06-07 season. Hes got playmaking skills I want him to show the NBA it.Hes like an Andre Miller right now.

4. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

Alston will be recieving a drop in minutes with the addition of Mike James. He could improve possibly, but he'll have less minutes to prove to Adelman he can play better than last season. If he does though, the combo of James and Alston could be very nice.

5. kobetmacyao01

kobetmacyao01 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GrizzFanTaylor @ Jun 26 2007, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Alston will be recieving a drop in minutes with the addition of Mike James. He could improve possibly, but he'll have less minutes to prove to Adelman he can play better than last season. If he does though, the combo of James and Alston could be very nice.</div>yeah I know thats why james came here. He can create his own shot. But Alston is the only pass-first point that houston has and that was why that trade was made a couple of years ago. Alston should play much better with Adelman's system.I expect 6-7 assists from him in the 07-08 season.

6. tmgbball15

tmgbball15 BBW Elite Member

Alston is overrated, he has never been a facilitator and that has hurt the Rockets as Tmac has had to do much of the distributing for the team and did a great job, but it was not enough to get the Rockets out of the First round. IMO the only way Houston will be any good is if they get a better PG and if Yao plays well every game like he does once in a while

7. kobetmacyao01

kobetmacyao01 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tmgbball15 @ Jun 26 2007, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Alston is overrated, he has never been a facilitator and that has hurt the Rockets as Tmac has had to do much of the distributing for the team and did a great job, but it was not enough to get the Rockets out of the First round. IMO the only way Houston will be any good is if they get a better PG and if Yao plays well every game like he does once in a while</div>coming from someone who thinks t-mac is a point forward has no credibility

8. tmgbball15

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kobetmacyao01 @ Jun 26 2007, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>coming from someone who thinks t-mac is a point forward has no credibility</div>coming from someone who thinsk Rafer Alston is a pass first PG even less credibility

9. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

Alston will probably have some more freedom in Adelman's offense, but I highly doubt he will be the main playmaker. He just simply isn't fit for it due to decision making and mentality of taking damn near every shot he has the oppertunity to shoot...not to mention the fact that T-Mac is simply a better playmaker. But in Adelman's offense he will have a lot of oppertunities to run the fast break, which is where he is ultimately at his best.

10. kobetmacyao01

kobetmacyao01 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tmgbball15 @ Jun 26 2007, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>coming from someone who thinsk Rafer Alston is a pass first PG even less credibility</div>proof link?go on any other message board/forum or to anybody else they'll say Alston is pass-first.If your a rocket fan you would know that the mike james to toronto trade was to get a pass-first point guard.Rafer Alston.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nitro1118 @ Jun 26 2007, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Alston will probably have some more freedom in Adelman's offense, but I highly doubt he will be the main playmaker. He just simply isn't fit for it due to decision making and mentality of taking damn near every shot he has the oppertunity to shoot...not to mention the fact that T-Mac is simply a better playmaker. But in Adelman's offense he will have a lot of oppertunities to run the fast break, which is where he is ultimately at his best.</div>don't think so Alston is a better passer then McGrady.Every alston hater will say he isn't.

11. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kobetmacyao01 @ Jun 26 2007, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>yeah I know, its been pretty bad in the 06-07 season. Hes got playmaking skills I want him to show the NBA it.Hes like an Andre Miller right now.</div> [​IMG] Dude Andre Miller is the main reason the Sixers turned their season around and went .500 after AI left. To say Rafer Alston could do what Miller did with the Sixers is ludicrous.

12. kobetmacyao01

kobetmacyao01 BBW Member

I'm saying he plays similar to him.

13. tmgbball15

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kobetmacyao01 @ Jun 26 2007, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>proof link?go on any other message board/forum or to anybody else they'll say Alston is pass-first.</div>I don't spend my day on message boards like you seem to, and right now im very glad I don't because if they are full of idiots like you I would not last one day

14. kobetmacyao01

kobetmacyao01 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tmgbball15 @ Jun 26 2007, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't spend my day on message boards like you seem to, and right now im very glad I don't because if they are full of idiots like you I would not last one day</div>I just go on 1 other one.but it certainly seems like that one is much better then this one.Maybe theres at least 1 SMART poster.

15. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kobetmacyao01 @ Jun 26 2007, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>don't think so Alston is a better passer then McGrady.Every alston hater will say he isn't.</div>No, he really isn't even close to the playmaker that T-Mac is. If he was, JVG would have used Rafer like they used Bob Sura in 04-05. Due to Rafer's terrible decision making, severe lack of patience and taking every single shot oppertunity he has, he can never be a true playmaker for any team. If he was a better playmaker than T-Mac, then JVG would have used T-Mac much more as a scorer like he did with Sura at PG. Alston would have averaged more APG than T-Mac, and he wouldn't have taken 7 3's each game.BTW, don't compare him to Miller. Miller is a top playmaker in the league, once averaging 11APG. He is smart, pass-first, scores more on 3 less shot attempts, and isn't a chucker like Rafer is.

16. kobetmacyao01

kobetmacyao01 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nitro1118 @ Jun 26 2007, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No, he really isn't even close to the playmaker that T-Mac is. If he was, JVG would have used Rafer like they used Bob Sura in 04-05. Due to Rafer's terrible decision making, severe lack of patience and taking every single shot oppertunity he has, he can never be a true playmaker for any team. If he was a better playmaker than T-Mac, then JVG would have used T-Mac much more as a scorer like he did with Sura at PG. Alston would have averaged more APG than T-Mac, and he wouldn't have taken 7 3's each game.BTW, don't compare him to Miller. Miller is a top playmaker in the league, once averaging 11APG. He is smart, pass-first, scores more on 3 less shot attempts, and isn't a chucker like Rafer is.</div>just an alston hater.you have no credibility especially since you think t-mac is a point forward.

17. tmgbball15

wow way to use the same comeback twice, how old are you, 10?Also use some facts to say hes wrong don't just say he has no credibility because he thinks Tmac is a point foward, which he very much is

18. kobetmacyao01

kobetmacyao01 BBW Member

comeback?who am I insulting.I'm telling a fact here. just because I don't agree on your dumbass opinion doesn't mean I'm 10.

19. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

God I hate people like you who always think they are right and everyone else is wrong. New flash bro, there's a reason nobody else is agreeing with you. It's not that everyone here is stupid and your the only smart one. Also please explain how what your saying is a fact and not an opinion. Everything you have said so far is an opinion.

20. Te_amo09

Te_amo09 BBW Member

college student
    Of course , he should improve himself, there are so many guards in Rockets.