Nick Young or Thaddeus Young?

Discussion in 'Out of Bounds' started by CB4allstar, Jun 26, 2007.

1. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

No one really knows which Young the Hornets will select in this upcoming draft. I think they will both be great players in this league, so I thought it'd be a good comparison. I know it is hard to judge right now, but who do you guys think will have the better NBA career? Who has the higher upside?

2. MaRdYC26

MaRdYC26 BBW Graphics Team

Thaddeus FTW. I think he's got more upside but nick young is better right now.

3. Silver Man

Silver Man BBW Member

Man, this is a very tough chioce. Though I think that in this debate I think that it goes to Nick Young. The way that Nick played this season for USC made me think that Nick was the better player. Nick really turned the USC basketball system around and made them a very strong team becasue he contributed greatly to the team. He scored I think something like 17.6 points per a game, and 4.4 rebounds per a game. Though I didn't really watch Young to much this season.

4. CB4allstar

Come on guys. There has to be more responses than this.

5. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

This isn't even REMOTELY close.Nick Young is gonna be a great starter in this league. Chances are Thaddeus Young never does very much of anything. I'd give my left arm for Nick to still be on the board and for us to draft him. I would be mad if we drafted Thaddeus.

6. CB4allstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Combs @ Jun 27 2007, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This isn't even REMOTELY close.Nick Young is gonna be a great starter in this league. Chances are Thaddeus Young never does very much of anything. I'd give my left arm for Nick to still be on the board and for us to draft him. I would be mad if we drafted Thaddeus.</div>Thaddeus Young is very talented. Remember that this was only his first season. He doesn't have a great jumpshot right now, and he's not really NBA ready yet, but he's got a ton of talent, and a ton of athleticism. I don't see how you can say it's not even remotely close....

7. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

Because, one of these players is extremely underrated coming into this draft. And one of these players has been extremely overrated coming into this draft. I just don't think it's close, no matter what mocks have each player projected to go at.I know I would LOVE to have Nick Young on my team regardless of what team I was. Thaddeus is just eh.

8. CB4allstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Combs @ Jun 27 2007, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Because, one of these players is extremely underrated coming into this draft. And one of these players has been extremely overrated coming into this draft. I just don't think it's close, no matter what mocks have each player projected to go at.I know I would LOVE to have Nick Young on my team regardless of what team I was. Thaddeus is just eh.</div>Underrated, I don't know about that. Nick's talent is overrated in my opinion. It's a proven fact that college players who don't get alot of rebounds and steals don't turn out to be very good overall players in the NBA.I don't understand why you don't like Thaddeus. He's in the top 5 of this year's draft in terms of talent level and upside....The guy is tall with a good shot in the making, and an incredible amount of talent and athleticism. I just don't get it.

9. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

At this point you have to say Nick Young. He has a great variety of offensive moves, and he's just a purer scorer. He can drive, shoot, finish, and he'll be a great scorer in the NBA for a very long time. Thaddeus Young has potential to be JUST as good offensively but he can also be a more versatile player because of his size and potential. At this point I describe Thaddeus as inconsistant but I expect him to become more consistant as his career progresses.. I think both WILL be all-stars if they improve like they should and live up to their potential.

10. noballer08

noballer08 BBW Elite Member

I think Nick Young will have a better career in terms of scoring. Thadeus, on the other hand, has the potential to be a solid scorer, rebounder, shot blocker...he may end up being more well-rounded than Nick. The Hornets should definitely take Nicky, but Chad Ford has said from his "sources" that they are indeed taking Thaddeus at 13.