Examining the Market

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by playaofthegame, Jul 6, 2007.

1. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Team Needs: PG/C[​IMG]<u>Derek Fisher</u>PG6-1211 lbsAge 32Unrestricted FACareer averages: 8.7 PPG, 3.3 APG, 1.1 SPG, 40% shooter, 47% from 3, 80% from the lineWhat he brings to the table: He brings leadership to a point guard position that it desperately needs. And experience of course. All the intangiblies you ask for in a player, the perfect role player. A great person. Good performer in the clutch, even though he probably won't be expected to. Solid defense. He would be a great player to bring off the bench.Notes: He is looking for a city that has good child care for his daughter and Boston has the best children's care in America.[​IMG]<u>Marcus Camby</u>PF/C6-11235 lbsAge 33Denver NuggetsCareer averages: 10.9 PPG, 9.3 RPG, 1.0 SPG, 2.5 BPG, 47% shooterWhat he brings to the table: He brings an immediete presence in the paint, coming off of one of the best seasons of his career and the defensive player of the year award. He blocks shots, grabs rebounds and does everything you ask for out of a big man. He would be a starter and make our front line very balanced with both offense (Jefferson) and defense (Camby).Notes: Because he's under contract with Denver we'd need to make a trade. He is on the market though because Denver is looking to cut salary.[​IMG]<u>Brevin Knight</u>PG5-10170 lbsAge 31Unrestricted Free AgentCareer averages: 8.3 PPG, 6.8 APG, 1.8 SPG, 42% shooter, 79% from the lineWhat he brings to the table: He brings experience to the PG position. He's a very good passer and a pretty solid defender. He also doesn't have a 3-point shot though so he wouldn't be able to teach Rondo. He is a solid veteran though and makes a servicable backup or possible starter.Notes: He has shown interest in the Nuggets and probably won't be interested in coming to Boston if all the reports so far are accurate.I'll post more later. I don't feel like it anymore for now.

2. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Jul 6 2007, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Notes: He has shown interest in the Nuggets and probably won't be interested in coming to Boston if all the reports so far are accurate.</div>
    Why do you say that? We saw one report, saying that Knight is meeting with Denver. That doesn't mean he has no interest in any other teams, it's just a visit. I'm sure this isn't Knight's last visit/phone call.

3. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

Didn't really need another FA thread. Glad someone else picked up on the fact that the Boston area has some of the best childrens health care in the country as a stated in my thread about D Fish a few days ago.

4. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Of course man. They're the best. I've had a few successful surgeries there in my days.

5. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

My nephew was born with club feet and some dumb ass doctors said he would never be normal and all this stupid sh*t he was treated at Shriners and he is perfect.

6. time takes time

time takes time BBW Member

Is Derek Fisher a FA? if he is, I would think he would be asking just a little out of our price range. but other than that, he'd be a pretty good addition. He brings some veteran leadership, and he plays well in the clutch. plus, he's been there. the only thing is, I'm afraid he might take minutes from rondo towards the ends of games.