Lakers re-sign center Chris Mihm

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Brando, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Brando

Brando BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>By Mike Bresnahan, Times Staff Writer4:26 PM PDT, July 19, 2007The Lakers have re-signed center Chris Mihm, but terms have not been disclosed.Mihm, 28, didn't play last season after undergoing reconstructive ankle surgery last November.He averaged a career-best 10.2 points and 6.3 rebounds in 2005-2006.The Lakers now have 14 players under contract. The league maximum is 15 players.mike.bresnahan@latimes.com</div>[url="http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-spw-lakers20jul20,1,4957706.story?coll=la-headlines-sports"]http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-spw-laker...eadlines-sports[/url]

2. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Operation: "Roster same as last years" is looking good so far. [​IMG]

3. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

I think this is good. Also, to BCB, Mihm miss all of last season, SO IT'S NOT THE SAME! [​IMG] What I mean is, last year didn't really count for him. Mihm was one of the best centers in the league 2 seasons ago, before his injury. Hopefully he can bring that to the table and get minutes over Kwame. He just needs to stay out of foul trouble, that is his weakness.

4. The Lefty

The Lefty BBW Elite Member

I don't know about one of the best, but he's another good, big body to have off the bench.

5. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

Averaging 10 and 6 is not bad. That is pretty good IMO, but it's tough to tell if he will be able to bring that. I don't think he will be starting on opening night though.

6. KobeBryant_24

KobeBryant_24 BBW Elite Member

Were better Centers out there we could of signed?

7. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KobeBryant_24 @ Jul 19 2007, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Were better Centers out there we could of signed?</div>Magloire was a free agent, but he averages pretty much the same. Although, in general he is considered a better player because of his 1 year as an all-star. There is Mikki Moore as well, but I like Mihm over them.

8. KobeBryant_24

I would want a defensive center over anything 1st. Like bring in MUTOMBO!!!

9. The Lefty

The bad thing about Mihm is he is a foul magnet, and a BIG one.

10. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KobeBryant_24 @ Jul 19 2007, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I would want a defensive center over anything 1st. Like bring in MUTOMBO!!!</div>Kwame Brown brings in very good post defense for you guys, and is a PF/C.. besides, I think Mutombo is too old to contribute a decent amount, anyways.

11. Brando

Brando BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KobeBryant_24 @ Jul 19 2007, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I would want a defensive center over anything 1st. Like bring in MUTOMBO!!!</div>I dont know if we should sign him even if he were available hes like 41.

12. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

Mihm is a good player and will be perfect coming off the bench, but does this mean Kwame is leaving or are they just going to be sharing minutes??

13. Brando

Brando BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (808Hornetsfan @ Jul 19 2007, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Mihm is a good player and will be perfect coming off the bench, but does this mean Kwame is leaving or are they just going to be sharing minutes??</div>sharing minutes

14. The Lefty

Kwame isn't going anywhere.We now have a solid rotation at the 4 and 5.Bynum / Mihm / KwameLO / Kwame / Cook

15. melo

melo Magic

Nice signing, kwame probably won't be ready by seasons open ( if he still is a laker) so he'll be our best big off the pine.He is a foul magnet but is good for 10-6 as a starter and was our best shotblocker in 05-06.

16. irob

irob BBW Member

mihm>kwame

17. KobeBryant_24

Kwame's ass is out. He is being traded with Farmar for RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOONNNN ARRRTEST!!!!!

18. Michael Bryant

Michael Bryant BBW Elite Member

Let's just put it this way: If Mihm was playing back up when Shaq was on the team, he would have been 6th man material. The dude can play and I'm glad to see him stay. He' svery athletic (for a white guy) and can still get better, 2006 was a career year for him, let's hope that continues. I think it can only benifit the Lakers to have Kwame off the bench, you know, so he doesn't get so many minutes and wear down, we need him fresh to play defense.

19. melo

melo Magic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Lefty)</div><div class='quotemain'>The bad thing about Mihm is he is a foul magnet, and a BIG one.</div></p>

</p>

Still though, he won't be playing big minutes. Bynum is going to play 25-30 minutes which means mihm will play 10-15 minutes. He can come in and gives us some quick points, he was actually our third best player in 05-06.</p>