JKidd's League

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jkidd51524, Jul 27, 2007.

1. jkidd51524

jkidd51524 BBW Elite Member

Re: JKidd's League

Alright, I am totally serious about this one. I will not be moving again and I won't disappear, so you don't have to worry about that. I have put a lot of thought in this new league that I am going to run, working out all the flaws in my mind rather then in the league. This is going to be on 2k7. Here are all the details:-Rosters: We will have a sim league to start. But you will not pick the players, I will just simulate them. Fantasy draft takes way to long to do and it never works. I will just simulate the picks. This way everyone will have even rosters.-Salaries: You will sign your guys to contracts. Everything will be included. Player options, team options. You will be able to buyout players if you want. The cap will be set at 55 million for the first season.-Season: This is where things are different. We will not have a regular season. Instead you will have 15 exhibition games that you will pick yourself with other teams. Full box scores will be available if you want. This way you get a sense of how your team works together and how individual players are doing.-Playoffs: In order to make the playoffs, it will be decided on somethings. One of the things is how your team looks. What I mean by this is how well your team is put together. Does the coach you pick (Yes, you have to sign a coach and this time it matters who you sign) fit the type of play your players play in? (Ex: If you have a team like the Suns, and you hire Larry Brown, that will hurt you.) Another factor is how well your team played in the exhibition games. If they get killed by every team your most likely not going to make it. Once the playoffs start, it will be the same format as in the regular NBA. The only difference is that we will be reseeding after each round.-Over the years: After the first year we will have the rookie draft that we just had this past June. Only the lottery teams get the picks (Only 14 players will be picks). Then we will go into the next season after you sign your rookies. After the next season we will not have a draft. Its impossible to create that many rookies in the game. People will get older and retire.- 7 Year Span: After every 7 years, the players that retired will be put into a draft (Their age will be the same as in the beginning of the game. Ex is if Kidd is 34 when we first start this thing, he will be 34 when he gets put into the draft). The 14 teams that missed the playoffs that year will get first crack at the players. The other players will then be FAs. Thats all I could think of right now. If you have any suggestions or comments please let me know.<u>Signups</u>76ers: Blazers:Bobcats: Bucks:Bulls:Cavaliers: Celtics:Clippers:Grizzlies:Hawks: Heat:Hornets: Jazz:Kings:Knicks:Lakers:Magic:Mavericks:Nets:Nuggets:Pacers:Pistons:Raptors:Roc
    kets: Sonics: Spurs:Suns: Timberwolves:Warriors:Wizards:

2. junot111

junot111 BBW Elite Member

il join il join as many as I can and il trade all my superstars away thats the right way hooray!

3. jkidd51524

What are you talking about?

4. junot111

dont tell me this is baseball

5. jkidd51524

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (junot111 @ Jul 27 2007, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>dont tell me this is baseball</div>If you read anything of what I wrote, you would see its the NBA.

6. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

First of all, is this going to be on FBB? And second of all, why would we want to have a simulated fantasy draft when it's just easier to have normal rosters??

7. jkidd51524

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (808Hornetsfan @ Jul 27 2007, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>First of all, is this going to be on FBB? And second of all, why would we want to have a simulated fantasy draft when it's just easier to have normal rosters??</div>1. 2k72. So everyone has a fair chance at winning since they have fair rosters.

8. junot111

oh no 2k7no no no

9. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

Im not trusting Jkidd with this again. You promised everyone at BBW a PROPER sim league, Tony took over, you still managed to screw up and we couldnt get past the draft.

10. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

To be really honest, I don't really like this idea.I commend you for being creative and thinking of something different, but I think it would be easier just to have a regular league on FBB. But if enough people like this, I'll do it.

11. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

Ontop of that, doesn't 2k8 ratings come out soon as well?

12. jkidd51524

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RaptorFan#1 @ Jul 27 2007, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Im not trusting Jkidd with this again. You promised everyone at BBW a PROPER sim league, Tony took over, you still managed to screw up and we couldnt get past the draft.</div>I managed to screw up? Tell me how I managed to screw up. I'm sorry but moving and getting back with my friends is much more important to me then that league was. I wasn't going to go through the whole city looking for a computer. I apologized, even though it wasn't my fault AT ALL. Stop bad mouthing me.

13. junot111

calm down guysjkidd just use FBB

14. jkidd51524

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Captain @ Jul 27 2007, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>To be really honest, I don't really like this idea.I commend you for being creative and thinking of something different, but I think it would be easier just to have a regular league on FBB. But if enough people like this, I'll do it.</div>If this dosn't work, then you could run yours with FBB and I will just help.

15. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (808Hornetsfan @ Jul 27 2007, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>First of all, is this going to be on FBB? And second of all, why would we want to have a simulated fantasy draft when it's just easier to have normal rosters??</div>As long as you actually follow through on this, it might work, but IMO this is pretty involved. There will be a lot of problems with people signing contracts, and like 808 said- you might as well just use the normal rosters for the teams...

16. jkidd51524

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (junot111 @ Jul 27 2007, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>calm down guysjkidd just use FBB</div>I would but I can't get it to work. I tried for 2 hours last night but nothing. So I came up this this idea.

17. DTP

DTP BBW Elite Member

How many times do those leagues have to fail before you guys realize they just don't work? I've been here since like January I think and they've tried having another sim league at least like 10 times and none have lasted over a month I don't think. Why not just join the official sim league?

18. jkidd51524

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SBoyd415 @ Jul 27 2007, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>As long as you actually follow through on this, it might work, but IMO this is pretty involved. There will be a lot of problems with people signing contracts, and like 808 said- you might as well just use the normal rosters for the teams...</div>I have no problem leaving the rosters the same. I don't care, I just wanted to make it even for everybody. And that was my idea, something new. But w.e.

19. jkidd51524

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DTP @ Jul 27 2007, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How many times do those leagues have to fail before you guys realize they just don't work? I've been here since like January I think and they've tried having another sim league at least like 10 times and none have lasted over a month I don't think. Why not just join the official sim league?</div>Because if been in their 3 days and I'm sick of the bitching and all that drama already.

20. AiRuPtHeRe

AiRuPtHeRe BBW Elite Member

NO MORE LEAGUES!!We've had enough and they never worked.