Manchester United have sold striker Giuseppe Rossi to Spanish side Villarreal fo...

Discussion in 'Manchester United FC' started by Petey, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

<div class="mxb"> <div class="sh">Man Utd sell Rossi to Villarreal </div> </div> <font size="2"> <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="203" align="right"> <tbody><tr><td> <div> [​IMG] <div class="cap">Rossi spent time on loan at Newcastle and Parma last season</div> </div> </td></tr> </tbody></table> Manchester United have sold striker Giuseppe Rossi to Spanish side Villarreal for an undisclosed fee. </font>

<font size="2">The six-year deal is subject to the 20-year-old American-born Italian passing a medical. </font></p>

<font size="2">Rossi was loaned to Newcastle last season and then to Parma, where he scored nine goals in 19 matches. </font></p>

<font size="2">Villarreal were looking for a new striker after allowing Diego Forlan, another ex-United player, to join Atletico Madrid for &pound;14m. </font></p>

<font size="2">United signed Rossi as a 16-year-old from Parma and the Italian club were keen to secure his services once again after the striker helped them stay in Serie A last season during his loan spell. </font></p>

<font size="2">They reportedly tabled a &pound;5.4m bid for the Italy Under-21 international, but failed to clinch a deal. </font></p>

<font size="2">United boss Sir Alex Ferguson often spoke highly of Rossi, who scored 13 times in 19 starts for the reserve team in his first season at Old Trafford. </font></p>

<font size="2">He signed a new contract last summer, which would have kept him at the club until 2010, but his failure to earn a regular first-team place brought an early end to his United career.</font></p>

</p>

________________________________________________________________________________
    ___________________________</p>

Well that really stinks. They should had moved Saha and or Smith. Rossi has already netted 2 goals this preseason for the ManU jr team.</p>

-Petey </p>

2. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Re: Manchester United have sold striker Giuseppe Rossi to Spanish side Villarrea...

Yea really man, damn. Why Utd why? </p>

They should have sold Smith like you said. (I like Saha)</p>

I guess they think they have plenty of strikers. Has he made his mind up yet on what national team is he going to play for? </p>

</p>

</p>

3. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

Re: Manchester United have sold striker Giuseppe Rossi to Spanish side Villarrea...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing)</div><div class='quotemain'>

I guess they think they have plenty of strikers. Has he made his mind up yet on what national team is he going to play for? </p>

</div></p>

Don't know.</p>

They must be sure they can sign Tevez.</p>

I like Saha but he is ALWAYS hurt.</p>

-Petey</p>

4. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Petey)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing)</div><div class='quotemain'>

</div></p>

Don't know.</p>

They must be sure they can sign Tevez.</p>

I like Saha but he is ALWAYS hurt.</p>

-Petey </p>

</div></p>

I read somewhere that Tevez's agent said that the league will make a decision in couple of days and he said he was sure Utd is getting him. </p>

So I guess that why they sold Rossi. </p>