Best WR corp in the NFL?

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Chaintime, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Chaintime

Chaintime NFLC nflcentral.net Writing Team

Okay this is a good topic. Many will say the Colts but they have 3 good WR's and that's it. My choice is the Bengals, here are there WR's1. Chad Johnson2. T.J Housemanzda3. Kelley Washington4. Peter Warrick5. Chris HenryLook at that list, that's crazy Chris Henry would be a 3rd WR on any other team. However I did hear that the Bengals might CUT Warrick, if that's the case the Pats better jump on him. Another good team at the WR position could be the Lions with Mike Williams, Roy Williams and Charles Rodgers. Those 3 are a huge part of the future!

2. PureMvp

PureMvp BBW Member

Im sorry i have to say Colts.... Maybe Stockley is still that 1 year thing but look at it like thisMarvin--- #2 WR in the whole NFL, or could possibly be the best behind moss.Wayne--- Top 10.. He has reached the top 10 recievers now a day..Stockley--- Comes through in the clutch...

3. LilChrisPaul21

LilChrisPaul21 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PureMvp @ Aug 21 2005, 11:22 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Im sorry i have to say Colts.... Maybe Stockley is still that 1 year thing but look at it like thisMarvin--- #2 WR in the whole NFL, or could possibly be the best behind moss.Wayne--- Top 10.. He has reached the top 10 recievers now a day..Stockley--- Comes through in the clutch...</div> I know these guys aint WRs but you throw in Dallas Clark (the reason why the Colts didnt sign Pollard back) and Edgerrin James. Easily the best WR crew.

4. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

While the Bengals make a good arguement, Warrick will be cut and be signed by the Eagles, and they are unproven.Im thinking the Recieving Core in Detriot though for #2 Best(Behind the Colts)Roy WilliamsCharles RogersMike WilliamsRB-Kevin JonesTE-Marcus PollardNow that is an offense.

5. Chaintime

Guys can you name me the 4th WR on the Colts..no you can't! The Bengals have 4 legit WR's

6. LilChrisPaul21

Ok....Marvin = ChadWayne > HousemanzdaStokley > WashingtonClark and James > Warrick and HenryPlus....Peyton >>>>> Carson

7. ST34LTH

ST34LTH NFLC nflcentral.net Member

[LilChrisPaul21,Aug 21 2005, 03:30 PM] Ok....Marvin = ChadWayne = HousemanzdaStokley = WashingtonClark and James < Warrick and HenryPlus....Peyton >>>>> Carson ------------------------------------------------------------My changesWithout Manning, Wayne,Stokley,Clark, would be nothing.

8. LilChrisPaul21

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Elevation @ Aug 21 2005, 06:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>[LilChrisPaul21,Aug 21 2005, 03:30 PM] Ok....Marvin = ChadWayne = HousemanzdaStokley = WashingtonClark and James < Warrick and HenryPlus....Peyton >>>>> Carson ------------------------------------------------------------My changesWithout Manning, Wayne,Stokley,Clark, would be nothing.</div> Honestly i agree.But they have Manning.And Warrick has pretty much been a bust.The others are sitll young

9. cowboyfan31

cowboyfan31 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

the colts got the best WRs in the NFL no question about it

10. NTC187

NTC187 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Yeah Colts or Bengals for me, Pats have it nice too IMO.

11. NFLCChosen One

NFLCChosen One NFLC nflcentral.net Member

The Bengals do put up a great fight when you're talking WR's, but I still have to hand this one to the Colts.And I don't care if you say some of them would be nothing without Manngin, the fact is, they DO have Manning.

12. Karlos

Karlos NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Notables:Giants-Amani Toomer, Plaxico Burress, Ike Hilliard, does Shockey count?Rams- Isaac Bruce and Tory HoltCardinals- Fitzgerald and Anquan BoldinBrowns- Braylon Edwards, Antonio Bryant, Dennis Northcutt

13. PureMvp

PureMvp BBW Member

4th WR is MOOREHEAD, im pretty sureMarvin> ChadWayne> House dudeand thats all i care about..

14. Chaintime

With the signing of Davis I think the Pats have a strong WR corp, this is there WR's1. Deion Branch2. David Givens3. Troy Brown4. David Terrell5. Andre Davis6. Tim Dwight7. PK Sam8. Bethel Johnson

15. Ronnie23

Ronnie23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

The Dolphins aren't the best but there very solid. Boston is close to being back to what he was, Chambers and Booker are very good too. Derrius Thompson is one of th ebest as a number 4 and Wes Welker is starting to become a good WR he had a 42 yard catch last game.The best is the Colts. The deepest is the Pats.

16. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chiefsfan31 @ Aug 21 2005, 07:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Notables:Giants-Amani Toomer, Plaxico Burress, Ike Hilliard, does Shockey count?Rams- Isaac Bruce and Tory HoltCardinals- Fitzgerald and Anquan BoldinBrowns- Braylon Edwards, Antonio Bryant, Dennis Northcutt</div> Hilliard isnt a Giant anymore, he was cut and LMAO at the Browns.Peter Warrick isnt even worth mentioning when talking about the Bengals since it is almost common knowledge that he is going to be cut.And we were talking about WR core, not Offense, so the QB is irrelevant in this discussion.

17. Chaintime

Good call on everything Venom. Who cares about Manning, were talking WR'S! And plus I didn't even catch that Browns pick in there. Bryant would be a 4th WR on a good team, Northcutt might be a 3rd and Braylon would be a 2. And for the Cards they also got Bryant Johnson, LeRon McCoy. So it's a YOUNG wr corp. I don't know about the BEST.

18. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

Thats why they are notables...they aren't the best but they are decent.....

19. Karlos

Karlos NFLC nflcentral.net Member

That was me....

20. KingJames_23

KingJames_23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I gotta go with the Colts. But the Raiders also have a good one going with Moss, Porter, and Gabriel developing.