RosenOwens To Seek Trade

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by AdropOFvenom, Jan 11, 2006.

1. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Eagles WR Owens allowed to seek tradeNFL.com wire reportsPHILADELPHIA (Jan. 10, 2006) -- The Philadelphia Eagles have given agent Drew Rosenhaus permission to seek a trade for Terrell Owens, though it's unlikely a team would give up players or draft picks for the star receiver.Owens' tumultuous time in Philadelphia ended in November when the Eagles suspended him four games for conduct detrimental to the team and deactivated him the last five games of the season.A series of infractions, including repeated criticism of quarterback Donovan McNabb and a verbal shot at the organization, led to Owens' banishment.Rosenhaus has worked out trades for other clients in the past, including Washington running back Clinton Portis. However, it'll be difficult to do so with Owens, considering other teams know the Eagles are forced to cut him by March 1. Owens is due a large signing bonus and an even larger roster bonus by that date if the Eagles don't let him go before.Owens has five seasons remaining on the seven-year contract he signed in March 2004. If a team trades for Owens, it would assume the contract he negotiated with the Eagles or redo the deal.His problems in Philadelphia started when he demanded a new contract after an outstanding season in which he caught 77 passes for 1,200 yards and 14 touchdowns, helping the Eagles reach the Super Bowl for the first time in 24 years.The 10-year veteran caught 47 passes for 763 yards and six touchdowns in a career-low seven games this season.In late November, arbitrator Richard Bloch upheld the Eagles' suspension of Owens.AP NEWSThe Associated Press News Service</div>http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PHI/9157137Like anybody in their right mind is going to trade something for RosenOwens when he will be cut anyway. [​IMG]

2. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

It's both possible and impossible at the same time. He's going nowhere for now, somewhere for later.On my Madden Franchise, the Falcons picked him up after he was cut to be a free agent with my updated rosters.

3. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Did that make any sense? [​IMG]

4. GotSkillz92

GotSkillz92 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

If the eagles were smart they would actually get something for TO. Maybe TO for chambers, or TO for Lelie. Who knows. Just dont let him go with nothing.

5. JHair

Dolphins would be retarded to give up Owens for Chambers, they have found something special in him, so why trade him for someone like T.O. who is going to be old before we know it?

6. GotSkillz92

TO is still in his prime. Maybe i remind you that this guy is a beast and probably the most fittest player in the NFL. TO still has at least 5 good years left. Maybe a trade including Booker or something like that can also be possible.

7. JHair

5 years AT MOST. Yeah the guy is ripped and in shape but aging is inevitable. He's in his 30's already.I donno who you're gonna get for him, but it aint gonna be Chambers.

8. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

The compensation for TO is probably somewhere in the range of a 3rd-4th round pick.Keep in mind, the guy was only worth a second round pick to the Ravens 2 years ago, and he has gone on to trash his reputation since then. The value for TO via trade is little to nothing.

9. GotSkillz92

I think you can get more than a late round pick especially since TO is a gamechanger. The eagles need to trade for some wr's. pinkston probably wont be back because of the injury, Lewis and Brown aren't going 2 take the eagles to the playoffs.

10. JHair

You guys will most likely either draft a WR or go for one in FA, I doubt they will trade T.O. for one though.

11. GotSkillz92

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JHair @ Feb 3 2006, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You guys will most likely either draft a WR or go for one in FA, I doubt they will trade T.O. for one though.</div>That may be true. The Colts are sure to lockdown Reggie Wayne. Only big name im thinking is Eric Moulds. Is Sinorice Moss entering the draft? Wat bout dwayne Jarrett?

12. JHair

Yes, Sinorice is entering the draft, he is a Senior, but I'm not sure about Jarrett. Reggie Wayne would be a good pick-up, I think Randle El is a FA, and Koren Robinson is another good FA.

13. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Dwayne Jarrett isnt draft eligible yet. He wont be in the draft.Free Agency youll be looking at...Reggie WayneAntwann Randle-ElDavid GivensKoren RobinsonThe Draft, get used to the following names...(all could go in rounds 1-2) 1. Santonio Holmes Ohio St. 5-11 185 n/a 2. Chad Jackson Florida 6-1 205 n/a 3. Sinorice Moss Miami (FL) 5-8 185 4.40 4. Derek Hagan Arizona St. 6-2 202 4.54 5. Martin Nance Miami (OH) 6-5 210 4.50 6. Maurice Stovall Notre Dame 6-5 222 4.55

14. GotSkillz92

Anyone one of the free agents would help out the offense tremendously. As for the draft goes, those 5 Wr's would help out also. I think the eagles have 14th pick. I hope one of them stays around.

15. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Feb 3 2006, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone one of the free agents would help out the offense tremendously. As for the draft goes, those 5 Wr's would help out also. I think the eagles have 14th pick. I hope one of them stays around.</div>The only one with a real shot of going before 14th short of a collosal raise up the charts is Santonio Holmes. [​IMG]

16. Sham

Sham BBW Member

The Eagles should trade this guy for another star WR. Some possible candidates are DBranch, THolt,....

17. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HnM @ Feb 4 2006, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Eagles should trade this guy for another star WR. Some possible candidates are DBranch, THolt,....</div>You're not going to get someone as good as Branch for this cancer. People are not going to overpay for him when everybody knows they would have the Eagles by the balls in any trade discussions because TO has to go.

18. Project

Project NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Not really, nowbody is going to trade a main wr for him, he is too off with himself and does what he wants and doesn't care what the coaches tell him. Wich is why most likly they will have to get rid of him.

19. GotSkillz92

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Feb 4 2006, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HnM @ Feb 4 2006, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Eagles should trade this guy for another star WR. Some possible candidates are DBranch, THolt,....</div>You're not going to get someone as good as Branch for this cancer. People are not going to overpay for him when everybody knows they would have the Eagles by the balls in any trade discussions because TO has to go.</div>And dont forget rodney harrison's comments of him not being selfish, a baby, and a selfish girl. The Pats just dont take in these kind of player's with ego's.

20. NTC187

NTC187 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

We definatley have to trade T.O, its just a matter of who for and which teams wants an aging wuss.Personally I'd love to see Reggie Wayne join us for the 2006 season, he's always been one of my favourite recievers and he would be the number one option in Philly (as opposed to the second option behind Harrison in Indy)