Ricky fails drug test

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by MiamiSolja7, Feb 19, 2006.

1. MiamiSolja7

MiamiSolja7 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

2. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Shouldn't this ban be indefinate, since it's #4?

3. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KyleOrton18 @ Feb 19 2006, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Shouldn't this ban be indefinate, since it's #4?</div>No, its a 1 year ban, I believe.

4. Neiswhereiwannabe

Neiswhereiwannabe BBW Member

my god ha ha i saw this on espn news and was just about to post this ricky ricky i thought he changedand yea its only gonna be a year band

5. Chaintime

Chaintime NFLC nflcentral.net Writing Team

This guy is a joke, I seen it on espn also and I just laughed my ass off. He is done I bet.

6. Shutdown Corner

Shutdown Corner NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Good thing they drafted Ronnie Brown last year.

7. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

What a total moron.

8. Sham

Sham BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Feb 19 2006, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KyleOrton18 @ Feb 19 2006, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Shouldn't this ban be indefinate, since it's #4?</div>No, its a 1 year ban, I believe.</div>I think thats pretty reasonable seeing as this is his 4th offense.

9. BigMike23

BigMike23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I actually laughed when I heard this, anyways there is no major harm done, the team's situation hasn't changed, keep in mind Ronnie is there. So much for what little trade value he had and it safe to say that his career is over. Anyways on Cold Pizza they said he can appeal the case,it would help him if it was a missed test and not a failed test, but they are essentially the same thing and he still could be banned for a year. Who here wants to bet that he retires again?

10. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMike23 @ Feb 20 2006, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I actually laughed when I heard this, anyways there is no major harm done, the team's situation hasn't changed, keep in mind Ronnie is there. So much for what little trade value he had and it safe to say that his career is over. Anyways on Cold Pizza they said he can appeal the case,it would help him if it was a missed test and not a failed test, but they are essentially the same thing and he still could be banned for a year. Who here wants to bet that he retires again?</div>It wouldnt suprise me in the least. Ricky is a clown and will probably be done now.

11. FSUViking

FSUViking NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<span style="color:#993399"> Hold the phone people.....now, some outlets are reporting that it wasn't a failed test but missing a test.</span>

12. Neiswhereiwannabe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FSUViking @ Feb 20 2006, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="color:#993399"> Hold the phone people.....now, some outlets are reporting that it wasn't a failed test but missing a test.</span></div>but thats just as bad as failing one maybe he didnt wanna go to one cause he had something to hide???But him mom said that rickys very careful what he puts in his body and that hes in another country right now

13. Shutdown Corner

Shutdown Corner NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (neiswhereiwannabe @ Feb 20 2006, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FSUViking @ Feb 20 2006, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="color:#993399"> Hold the phone people.....now, some outlets are reporting that it wasn't a failed test but missing a test.</span></div>but thats just as bad as failing one maybe he didnt wanna go to one cause he had something to hide???But him mom said that rickys very careful what he puts in his body and that hes in another country right now</div>True..but he has a much better chance at a appeal if the case was that he missed it because he was out of the country.If it turns out he'll be suspended, that has to be somewhat disapointing for Phins fans. Ricky could've been atleast worth a 3rd-4th round pick in trade value.

14. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Sources: Williams' drug violation a failed testSources: Williams' drug violation a failed testESPN.com news servicesclick thisSources have told ESPN's Hank Goldberg that Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams' violation of the NFL's substance-abuse policy is not a matter of a missed test. Williams has failed a drug test, the sources said, but the substance for which he tested positive is not known.Denver television station KDVR first reported Sunday night that Williams had violated the NFL's substance abuse policy for a fourth time and faces a one-year suspension from the league.The Miami Herald, citing two sources of its own, confirmed the station's report that Williams has violated the policy, although neither source would say whether Williams had failed a drug test or if he had missed a required test, which is also a violation.An NFL spokesman told ESPN that the NFL had no comment on the report.Williams has tested positive for marijuana three times and served a four-game suspension when he returned to the NFL last season following a one-year retirement.Dolphins coach Nick Saban told ESPN he was not aware that Williams had tested positive and he was not allowed to comment, citing the confidential nature of the league's substance abuse policy.Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene declined to comment when reached by the Herald on Sunday night."Because of the confidential nature of the league's substance abuse policy, we can't comment on any aspect of that program," Greene told the newspaper.Williams was also fined the equivalent of four weeks' salary after his second and third violations of the NFL policy, in December 2003 and the 2004 offseason.His mother, Sandy Williams, told the Palm Beach Post she would be "shocked" if her son would use marijuana again and strongly doubts that is the case.Sandy Williams told the newspaper her son is currently in India and that they had not spoken of late. She speculated that he could have tested positive for a legal supplement he is taking in connection with his yoga studies."I'll bet my life he's not smoking marijuana," she told the Post on Sunday. "He's so particular about what he puts in his body now. I would just be shocked. I just don't believe he's smoking weed."I'm thinking maybe it was one of his [legal] supplements for his yoga school. I really just don't believe he's smoking weed," she said.Williams abruptly retired from the NFL in July 2004 and the Dolphins fell apart, losing their first six games and finishing 4-12 -- their worst season since the 1960s.At the time of his return, Williams was ordered to pay the Dolphins $8.6 million for breaching his contract, although there has been no financial resolution between him and the team. He was scheduled to be paid the league minimum of $540,000 last season but was docked four games' pay because of his league-mandated suspension and was fined another four games in pay, reducing his take to $285,882.Williams' base salaries for the two coming seasons are $545,000 and $670,000, the minimum for a player (he entered the league in 1999) of his NFL tenure.Motivated partly by the need for a paycheck, he accepted Saban's offer to return for the 2005 season. When he reported at the start of training camp, Williams publicly apologized for the impact caused by his retirement and teammates unanimously embraced his return.The Dolphins finished the 2005 season 9-7, winning their last six games. Williams gained 743 yards and scored six touchdowns.Williams won the Heisman Trophy, the Maxwell Award, the Walter Camp Award and the Doak Walker Award following his senior season at Texas in 1998. The New Orleans Saints traded away all their picks in the 1999 NFL draft in order to get him.In six seasons with New Orleans and Miami, Williams has 7,097 yards on 1,757 carries -- four yards per carry -- and 47 rushing touchdowns. His best season was in 2002 with Miami, when he gained 1,853 yards in 383 carries and ran for 16 TDs.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.</div> http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2337252

15. Neiswhereiwannabe

Well i wonder what he took then?

16. BigMike23

BigMike23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (neiswhereiwannabe @ Feb 20 2006, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well i wonder what he took then?</div>Lets spin the Wheel of Drugs and find out.*spins wheel of drugs, awaiting lawsuit from Wheel of Fortune*

17. gopackers4

gopackers4 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

It was probably Marijuana again. It doesn't hurt the Dolphins that he's not playing because he was going to be traded anyway but now they get nothing.

18. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Ricky Appealing Failed Drug Test<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Source says Dolphins' Williams appealing failed drug test Feb. 20, 2006CBS SportsLine.com wire reports MIAMI -- Troubled running back Ricky Williams is appealing a positive drug test that could force the Miami Dolphins star to sit out the 2006 season, a person familiar with the case said Monday. If the positive test result is upheld, it would be Williams' fourth violation of the NFL's substance-abuse policy, meaning at least a one-year suspension.Previous positive tests were for marijuana, which Williams acknowledged using. But the latest test involved a drug other than marijuana, said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because league policy is to keep test results confidential.The Miami Herald reported Monday that two sources said Williams failed a test for a substance not publicly known. His latest positive test was first reported Sunday by Denver television station KDVR.A ruling on the appeal isn't expected until April. Williams, the 1998 Heisman Trophy winner and 2002 NFL rushing champion, is in India studying yoga and holistic medicine."Ricky Williams has been in outstanding behavioral mode for the past six months. No one should jump to any conclusions," said Williams' agent, Leigh Steinberg.The Dolphins and the NFL declined to comment, citing the private nature of the league's drug program.Williams retired and sat out the 2004 season. He owes the Dolphins $8.6 million for breaching his contract, and motivated at least partly by the need for a paycheck, he returned last year to play for new Miami coach Nick Saban.Before being allowed to return, Williams served a four-game suspension at the start of the season for his third violation of the drug program.Despite the long layoff and a limited workload, Williams ran for 743 yards and averaged 4.4 per carry while sharing playing time with rookie Ronnie Brown. Williams gained 280 yards in the final two games when Brown was hurt.Saban and the Dolphins praised Williams' attitude, work ethic and leadership. Dispelling his reputation as an aloof, selfish pothead, Williams became such a model of good behavior that he was chosen co-winner of the local media's annual postseason Good Guy Award, given to the player most cooperative with reporters.Williams laughingly described himself as weird and compared his career to a roller coaster. Since returning last season, the NFL has required him to undergo drug tests up to 10 times a month.AP NEWSThe Associated Press News ServiceCopyright 2005-2006, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved</div> http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9252059

19. Uptown

Uptown NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Ricky Williams is done. He had a solid year this year, but he manages to fuck up again.

20. gopackers4

gopackers4 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Ricky Williams is done. He had a solid year this year, but he manages to fuck up again.</div>Yeah, it's not surprising either just looking at him with his hobo beard hints that he's a hardcore stoner.