Tagliabue considering retirement

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by AdropOFvenom, Mar 9, 2006.

1. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Sources: Tagliabue comtemplating retirementESPN.com news servicesclick thisPaul Tagliabue is seriously contemplating ending his 17-year run as NFL commissioner, league sources tell ESPN's Chris Mortensen.The sources say Tagliabue is expected to exercise a clause in his contract with league owners in which he becomes a "Senior Executive" consultant with a significant compensation package.There has been recent speculation that Tagliabue's reign was in its final year or two, but the sources pinpointed the commissioner's decision as possible during the next 60 days. Tagliabue's current contract has two years remaining on it and it is believed to pay him between $8 and $10 million through May of 2008.</div>http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2361601

2. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

As long as I take over for him , it's fine.

3. Capt. Comeback

Capt. Comeback NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Is he retiring? I thought it was some kind of new thing with his contract that he will take a step down to be a senior executive. I don't really see what point the commisioner having a contract serves, but I guess it makes sense.