Rams to sign Fereotte

Discussion in 'NFC West' started by AdropOFvenom, Mar 17, 2006.

1. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Rams | Frerotte to signFri, 17 Mar 2006 09:18:10 -0800Greg A. Bedard, of the Palm Beach Post, reports the St. Louis Rams have reached a tentative agreement to sign free agent QB Gus Frerotte (Dolphins), according to a league source. The agreement is expected to become official Friday, March 17. Terms of the contract were not known.</div>He seems to be Linehan's lapdog...followed him from Minnesota to Miami and now to St. Louis. Guess Linehan doesnt have much confidence in Fitzpatrick, either that or hes throwing Fereotte a bone.

2. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

This would be a great move for St. Louis because Marc Bulger always get hurt.

3. Karlos

Karlos NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Then again, what about the Fitzpatrick kid who was supposed to have this role last year?

4. NFLCMS2

NFLCMS2 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

JUST SEEN THIS !!ST. LOUIS (March 17, 2006) -- Former Miami Dolphins quarterback Gus Frerotte signed a three-year contract with the St. Louis Rams. Frerotte played under new Rams coach Scott Linehan at Miami last season and in Minnesota the two previous seasons.

5. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

We needed him. We now have a good Vet QB to backup Bulger, and help teach Fitzy. He can teach our QBs anything but how to celebrate TDs! [​IMG]

6. NFLCMS2

NFLCMS2 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

He might compete for the starting job over Bulger. I think he has a slim chance.

7. jordan4pres.

jordan4pres. BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BIZ @ Mar 18 2006, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He might compete for the starting job over Bulger. I think he has a slim chance.</div>uh no. He is not gonna start over bulger. end of disscussion

8. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

Rams are loaded with QBs... why sign Gus?

9. Brooksie5

Loaded? Loaded? Are you joking. Marc Bulger, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jeff Smoker. Those are our QBs. We were in dier (sp?) need of a good veteran backup QB and now we got one. As much as I hate to say it, Bulger is injury prone. Fitzpatrick could turn out to be a good backup, but he's just not there yet.Frerotte competing with Bulger for a starting spot?? I hope that was a joke. Frerotte has the backup spot landed, unless Fitzpatrick has a grrreeatt camp and pre-season.

10. jordan4pres.

jordan4pres. BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Mar 19 2006, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Loaded? Loaded? Are you joking. Marc Bulger, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jeff Smoker. Those are our QBs. We were in dier (sp?) need of a good veteran backup QB and now we got one. As much as I hate to say it, Bulger is injury prone. Fitzpatrick could turn out to be a good backup, but he's just not there yet.Frerotte competing with Bulger for a starting spot?? I hope that was a joke. Frerotte has the backup spot landed, unless Fitzpatrick has a grrreeatt camp and pre-season.</div>you forgot Jamie Martin . That makes 5 QBs.

11. Brooksie5

No, we don't have Martin. He's a free agent.

12. jordan4pres.

jordan4pres. BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Mar 20 2006, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No, we don't have Martin. He's a free agent.</div>good lookin

13. Sham

Sham BBW Member

This is a kind of a senseless signing cuz Bulger is healthy again, but then again, this guy would make a pretty decent backup QB.

14. Brooksie5

Are you joking bro? Bulger is healthy....now...but who knows during the season. He gets hurt all the time, and Ryan Fitzpatrick is definitely not a solid enough backup to get us wins (yet anyways). Frerotte is a very solid backup in the league, probably one of the top 10 backups. He took Miami to a 9-7 record, after we all know what happened the year before. This was a far from senseless signing.P.S. If I sound mad in this, I'm not, it's all good, I just gotta defend my Rams.

15. jordan4pres.

jordan4pres. BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Mar 23 2006, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Are you joking bro? Bulger is healthy....now...but who knows during the season. He gets hurt all the time, and Ryan Fitzpatrick is definitely not a solid enough backup to get us wins (yet anyways). Frerotte is a very solid backup in the league, probably one of the top 10 backups. He took Miami to a 9-7 record, after we all know what happened the year before. This was a far from senseless signing.P.S. If I sound mad in this, I'm not, it's all good, I just gotta defend my Rams.</div>well... i like Ryan... i mean.. he came in for the first time against the texans.. yeah i no the texans but still.. he made a amazing comeback for us.. and we lost against the vikings with him starting.. but he did the best he could.. he has potential.. and i think after the offseason... he is gonna be solid next year. and with Frerotte.. of course he comes first before Ryan.. but im just sayin.. ryan is not a bad backup..