Shaq Gets 2nd Career Triple Double

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Uptown, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Uptown

Uptown NFLC nflcentral.net Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260411014<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>MIAMI (AP) -- Shaquille O'Neal had his second career triple-double, Antoine Walker scored a season-high 32 points, and the Miami Heat overcame Dwyane Wade's absence to beat Toronto 106-97 on Tuesday night and send the Raptors to their ninth straight loss.O'Neal finished with 15 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists, doing so in only 28 minutes because of foul trouble. And Walker, who was shooting only 30 percent and averaging eight points per game in April -- as the Heat got off to a 2-4 start -- connected on 13 of 26 shots, plus added eight rebounds and five assists.</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>O'Neal's only other triple-double was Nov. 20, 1993 -- when he scored 24 points, grabbed 28 rebounds and blocked 15 shots for the Orlando Magic in a win over the New Jersey Nets.</div>That's impressive. His first triple double is even more impressive though. [​IMG]

2. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

Didn't realize this is his first Triple Double since 1993.. I thought he had more than that but idk lol

3. Uptown

Uptown NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xpostxscript @ Apr 12 2006, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Didn't realize this is his first Triple Double since 1993.. I thought he had more than that but idk lol</div>Yeah, centers usually don't get triple doubles.

4. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Uptown @ Apr 12 2006, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xpostxscript @ Apr 12 2006, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Didn't realize this is his first Triple Double since 1993.. I thought he had more than that but idk lol</div>Yeah, centers usually don't get triple doubles.</div>Unless your name is Patrick Ewing, Jermaine O'Neal, etc, etc.

5. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

It's hard for a center. They don't pass much. I didn't even know he had 15 blocks in one game. I was always wondering what the record was. I didn't thinkit was that high

6. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

David Robinson had a quadruple double. Or whatever you'd call it. He had something like 50 pts, 12 reb, 10 ast, 10 blk. That's an impressive game if you ask me. More impressive than Kobes 81.

7. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Apr 13 2006, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>David Robinson had a quadruple double. Or whatever you'd call it. He had something like 50 pts, 12 reb, 10 ast, 10 blk. That's an impressive game if you ask me. More impressive than Kobes 81.</div>Mark my words, the next player to Quad-Double will be Andrei Kirilienko.

8. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Apr 13 2006, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Apr 13 2006, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>David Robinson had a quadruple double. Or whatever you'd call it. He had something like 50 pts, 12 reb, 10 ast, 10 blk. That's an impressive game if you ask me. More impressive than Kobes 81.</div>Mark my words, the next player to Quad-Double will be Andrei Kirilienko.</div>How about a quintuple double? Blocks, steals, points, rebounds, assists. I think he had a double nickel thing, where he had at least 5 of each in one game

9. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KyleOrton18 @ Apr 13 2006, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Apr 13 2006, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Apr 13 2006, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>David Robinson had a quadruple double. Or whatever you'd call it. He had something like 50 pts, 12 reb, 10 ast, 10 blk. That's an impressive game if you ask me. More impressive than Kobes 81.</div>Mark my words, the next player to Quad-Double will be Andrei Kirilienko.</div>How about a quintuple double? Blocks, steals, points, rebounds, assists. I think he had a double nickel thing, where he had at least 5 of each in one game</div>I don't know anything bout the nickels... but players like Andrei Kirilenko, Josh Smith, Gerald Wallace, Elton Brand, and Pau Gasol are the guys who are in danger of getting a quad-double. The guys who are good at everything.

10. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

KG could easily get a quad double. He'll get the pts and boards in a breeze. He gets quite a bit of assists for a PF, he can block shots good too.