Donald Driver Signs Extension

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by Lambeau Leap, May 11, 2006.

1. Lambeau Leap

Lambeau Leap NFLC nflcentral.net Member

http://www.packersnews.com/archives/news/b..._25984280.shtmlPackers give Driver 2-year extension By Rob DemovskyPackersNews.com Green Bay Packers receiver Donald Driver has signed a two-year contract extension that runs through 2009.The general parameters of the contract were listed on the NFL Players Association Web site, and the deal was confirmed by an NFL source on Thursday afternoon. The source said the deal was completed last week.The contract actually lowers Driver?s base salary for this season from $1.36 million to $950,000 but almost certainly includes some bonus money to be paid this season. The exact bonus was not immediately available.The extension also raised Driver?s 2007 base salary from $1.84 million to $2.7 million. His base salaries for the two additional years are $2.9 million in 2008 and $3.9 million in 2009. Driver?s original contract expired after the 2007 season.The Packers haven?t typically extended contracts of players with more than one year remaining, so it?s unclear why they did so with Driver, 31, who caught a career-high 86 catches for 1,221 yards and five touchdowns.

2. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

I think it was important to 1) Keep Donald Driver happy and2) Keep Brett Favre happyand3) Stick it to Javon Walker [​IMG]

3. Karlos

Karlos NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ May 12 2006, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think it was important to 1) Keep Donald Driver happy and2) Keep Brett Favre happyand3) Stick it to Javon Walker [​IMG]</div>My thoughts exactly. [​IMG]

4. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters NFLC nflcentral.net Graphics Crew

Solid move but.. who cares! They'll suck anyways next year. Blow pack blow!

5. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

They finally gave him what he wanted so hopefully Driver put up some solid numbers

6. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PurplePeopleEaters @ May 13 2006, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Solid move but.. who cares! They'll suck anyways next year. Blow pack blow!</div>That's right!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Chaintime

Chaintime NFLC nflcentral.net Writing Team

Driver is a blue collar guy but last time I checked he wanted out of Green Bay, then a contract extension am I missing something?

8. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HandZ8 @ May 13 2006, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Driver is a blue collar guy but last time I checked he wanted out of Green Bay, then a contract extension am I missing something?</div>Guess he changed his mind. lol

9. taR h3eLs

taR h3eLs BBW Banned

After losing Walker this is a huge sign. Hes the new number 1 WR and to many the most underrated WR in the league.

10. Lambeau Leap

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HandZ8 @ May 13 2006, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Driver is a blue collar guy but last time I checked he wanted out of Green Bay, then a contract extension am I missing something?</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ May 13 2006, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Guess he changed his mind. lol</div>The rumors that he wanted to leave were actually fake. Some believe that Walker told the media that he wanted out, but I don't think that was the case. But yeah, he never wanted out, those were all lies. He's been interviewed about it and said it was a lie.

11. Chaintime

Chaintime NFLC nflcentral.net Writing Team

Oh okay. I wouldn't see why he would want out knowing he'd be the # 1 WR, and on any other team he wouldn't.

12. Karlos

Karlos NFLC nflcentral.net Member

The Packers REALLY need Driver to have a huge year if they want to be successful. I think that all the defenses that play GB will be double teaming him which will open it up for some other players. Hopefully Green Bay has a great season.

13. DevinHester23

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arrowhead? @ May 13 2006, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hopefully Green Bay has a great season.</div>Hopefully they don't. [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters NFLC nflcentral.net Graphics Crew

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arrowhead? @ May 13 2006, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Packers REALLY need Driver to have a huge year if they want to be successful. I think that all the defenses that play GB will be double teaming him which will open it up for some other players. Hopefully Green Bay has a great season.</div>Why? no one likes green bay.. c'mon. They wear cheese... on their heads. wtf is that?

15. DevinHester23

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PurplePeopleEaters @ May 13 2006, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arrowhead? @ May 13 2006, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Packers REALLY need Driver to have a huge year if they want to be successful. I think that all the defenses that play GB will be double teaming him which will open it up for some other players. Hopefully Green Bay has a great season.</div>Why? no one likes green bay.. c'mon. They wear cheese... on their heads. wtf is that?</div>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

16. Lambeau Leap

I never understood why everyone hates the Packers. All throughout my time watching football it seemed liked everyone hated them. I'm starting to think everyone was jealous beacuse we were consistantly good for like 15 years. [​IMG]

17. NFLCMS2

NFLCMS2 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

He is a great Wr that can give 100% on every play. He isnt the greatest like a Randy Moss or a Marvin Harrison, but he does the little things. Like block for the run and he crash down on the Cb when a Wr is coming to his area after the catch.

18. DevinHester23

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lambeau Leap @ May 14 2006, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I never understood why everyone hates the Packers. All throughout my time watching football it seemed liked everyone hated them. I'm starting to think everyone was jealous beacuse we were consistantly good for like 15 years. [​IMG]</div>The transative property of liking the Bears, Vikings, or Loins is that you hate the Packers.

19. nBarnett56

nBarnett56 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xpostxscript @ May 13 2006, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>They finally gave him what he wanted so hopefully Driver put up some solid numbers</div> [​IMG] Driver has been putting up solid numbers for the last 4 seasons now.