Terence Newman

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by Balaskonis, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Balaskonis

Balaskonis NFLC Banned

hey guys, my favorite player is terence newman and i really think he can make the pro-bowl this year, bill parcells thinks so too, as he stated in an NFL.com Articlewhat do u guys think of Newman? [​IMG]

2. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

Nope B)Or maybe that's because I'm a Skins fan...

3. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Id put around 5% chance of that Happening.

4. Balaskonis

Balaskonis NFLC Banned

actually he is a top 5 corner, and anyone who KNOWS football would admit that, unlike u 2he has atleast a 60% chance of going to the pro-bowloh and skins suck, we are the best team in the east, and everyone no's it [​IMG]

5. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Balaskonis @ Jun 16 2006, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>actually he is a top 5 corner, and anyone who KNOWS football would admit that, unlike u 2he has atleast a 60% chance of going to the pro-bowloh and skins suck, we are the best team in the east, and everyone no's it [​IMG]</div>[​IMG] [​IMG] Leave the homerism at the door, the guy is average.

6. Karlos

Karlos NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Why do the newbies always start the most random topics, and can never back up points?

7. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

and say the skins suck

8. Balaskonis

Balaskonis NFLC Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Jun 16 2006, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Balaskonis @ Jun 16 2006, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>actually he is a top 5 corner, and anyone who KNOWS football would admit that, unlike u 2he has atleast a 60% chance of going to the pro-bowloh and skins suck, we are the best team in the east, and everyone no's it [​IMG]</div>[​IMG] [​IMG] Leave the homerism at the door, the guy is average.</div>average after giving up 0 TD's all year, not to mention he a genetic freak. he should have made the pro-bowl last year, but will make it this year

9. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

If he's so great he would of found a way to stop Santana both times for our comeback on the MNF game we beat you in last year. And if your team is the greatest in the division, why did you get swept by the Redskins? Why was your divisional record 3-3 and ours was 5-1? Why did the Redskins make it to the playoffs and the Cowboys didn't? Why did the Redskins make it furthest of any other NFC East team in the playoffs? Your team isn't better until they PROVE IT themselves, because right now they just DON'T MATCH UP with the Redskins, whether you feel they do or not.But anyways, welcome to the site.

10. Balaskonis

Balaskonis NFLC Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Johnny White Guy @ Jun 17 2006, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If he's so great he would of found a way to stop Santana both times for our comeback on the MNF game we beat you in last year. And if your team is the greatest in the division, why did you get swept by the Redskins? Why was your divisional record 3-3 and ours was 5-1? Why did the Redskins make it to the playoffs and the Cowboys didn't? Why did the Redskins make it furthest of any other NFC East team in the playoffs? Your team isn't better until they PROVE IT themselves, because right now they just DON'T MATCH UP with the Redskins, whether you feel they do or not.But anyways, welcome to the site.</div>thank you................first of all that was last year and it was luck, anyone who has a clue about football knows that this year the cowboys are the front-runners for the east by a good amount, and with the panthers we are the front-runners for the NFC (should be a fun NFC Championship).

11. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Balaskonis @ Jun 17 2006, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Johnny White Guy @ Jun 17 2006, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If he's so great he would of found a way to stop Santana both times for our comeback on the MNF game we beat you in last year. And if your team is the greatest in the division, why did you get swept by the Redskins? Why was your divisional record 3-3 and ours was 5-1? Why did the Redskins make it to the playoffs and the Cowboys didn't? Why did the Redskins make it furthest of any other NFC East team in the playoffs? Your team isn't better until they PROVE IT themselves, because right now they just DON'T MATCH UP with the Redskins, whether you feel they do or not.But anyways, welcome to the site.</div>thank you................first of all that was last year and it was luck, anyone who has a clue about football knows that this year the cowboys are the front-runners for the east by a good amount, and with the panthers we are the front-runners for the NFC (should be a fun NFC Championship).</div>lmao.First of all, the Dallas Cowboys arent even frontrunners for second place in the Divison.If you think the Cowboys are a better team then either the Giants or the Redskins you are smoking something. The Cowboys offensive line is terrible, and if you think Jason Fabini or Kyle Kosier are the answer you are sadly mistaken. Jason Fabini is only the person solely responsible for getting 2 Jets QB's injured for the season with his missed assignments and Kyle Kosier was a castoff from Detroit's offensive line. That's like taking someone from the Texans O-line and thinking there any good. Without an offensive line, that means that Drew Bledsoe doesnt get the time he needs to throw the football (and being that he is so immobile that he cant buy himself time), that means that all your pretty weapons will be going to waste.Not to mention that Dallas's defense is quite possibly one of the most overrated ones in the league. I've watched Jason Ferguson for years, and if you're counting on him to be a 3-4 Nose Tackle you're screwed there. The guy is built for the 4-3 defense and that is the only defensive system where he has shown success. Your linebackers would be impressive, but who knows if Carpenter will be solid or bust out and it's very possible for Ware to go through a Sophmore slump. And your secondary....well, lets not get started.They will be a solid team, they will probably be like 9-7 or so again, but to think there even on the Giants or Redskins realm is just blatant homerism.

12. JHair

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Jun 17 2006, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>lmao.First of all, the Dallas Cowboys arent even frontrunners for second place in the Divison.If you think the Cowboys are a better team then either the Giants or the Redskins you are smoking something. The Cowboys offensive line is terrible, and if you think Jason Fabini or Kyle Kosier are the answer you are sadly mistaken. Jason Fabini is only the person solely responsible for getting 2 Jets QB's injured for the season with his missed assignments and Kyle Kosier was a castoff from Detroit's offensive line. That's like taking someone from the Texans O-line and thinking there any good. Without an offensive line, that means that Drew Bledsoe doesnt get the time he needs to throw the football (and being that he is so immobile that he cant buy himself time), that means that all your pretty weapons will be going to waste.Not to mention that Dallas's defense is quite possibly one of the most overrated ones in the league. I've watched Jason Ferguson for years, and if you're counting on him to be a 3-4 Nose Tackle you're screwed there. The guy is built for the 4-3 defense and that is the only defensive system where he has shown success. Your linebackers would be impressive, but who knows if Carpenter will be solid or bust out and it's very possible for Ware to go through a Sophmore slump. And your secondary....well, lets not get started.They will be a solid team, they will probably be like 9-7 or so again, but to think there even on the Giants or Redskins realm is just blatant homerism.</div>Hear hear! [​IMG]

13. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

To be honest Dallas are gonna be good because when you have TO he's gonna take you to the next level where you need to be and i expect Drew Bledsoe to have one of his best season ever in his career. Dallas was a very underrated team last season, most of their games were less than 3 pts or by a Td at least, they almost made the playoffs though but that wasn't enough. And their defense is getting better which is good, so i wouldn't be surprised if they win their division this year especially with TO and i expect better numbers from Glenn since everyone gonna be worried about covering TO.I think your division is the toughest than any other divisions because all 4 teams are all good and all improving. Nobody knows how Donovan McNabb will do and like i said, he'll will be 100% to play which is great news for philly -- I wouldnt say he's past his prime because he's one of the best quarterback in the league and very exciting to watch. Keep an eye on Giants because i think this is year Eli Manning break out, he will definately throw a lot of bombs this year and look at their defense right now -- it's amazing. They finally filled the holes that they been trying to do for a long time. And Washington? You definately played good last year and you definately improved your offense but anything can happen, who knows your offense might not have the cheimstry that you thought. I think the Giants or Cowboys are winning their division this year, IMO.

14. JHair

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xpostxscript @ Jun 17 2006, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>To be honest Dallas are gonna be good because when you have TO he's gonna take you to the next level where you need to be and i expect Drew Bledsoe to have one of his best season ever in his career. Dallas was a very underrated team last season, most of their games were less than 3 pts or by a Td at least, they almost made the playoffs though but that wasn't enough. And their defense is getting better which is good, so i wouldn't be surprised if they win their division this year especially with TO and i expect better numbers from Glenn since everyone gonna be worried about covering TO.</div>You keep talking about T.O., but Derek was right when he said Bledsoe is going to have trouble getting him the ball when their offensive line is junk. An Bledsoe isn't even mobile so that means he's going to have a lot of sacks and turnovers. [​IMG]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>first of all that was last year and it was luck</div>35-7 isn't LUCK, it's OWNAGE. Coming back in the Monday Night Game http://youtube.com/watch?v=n4RItJzDC1g&sea...20vs.%20cowboys in your house WASN'T luck. If it was luck you would of stopped at least ONE of the hail mary bombs.And to say games from last year don't matter is rediculous, it is the most recent meetings between the teams and you guys getting swept was evidence of the Redskins future success.

15. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

16. Balaskonis

Balaskonis NFLC Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Jun 17 2006, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Balaskonis @ Jun 17 2006, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Johnny White Guy @ Jun 17 2006, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If he's so great he would of found a way to stop Santana both times for our comeback on the MNF game we beat you in last year. And if your team is the greatest in the division, why did you get swept by the Redskins? Why was your divisional record 3-3 and ours was 5-1? Why did the Redskins make it to the playoffs and the Cowboys didn't? Why did the Redskins make it furthest of any other NFC East team in the playoffs? Your team isn't better until they PROVE IT themselves, because right now they just DON'T MATCH UP with the Redskins, whether you feel they do or not.But anyways, welcome to the site.</div>thank you................first of all that was last year and it was luck, anyone who has a clue about football knows that this year the cowboys are the front-runners for the east by a good amount, and with the panthers we are the front-runners for the NFC (should be a fun NFC Championship).</div>lmao.First of all, the Dallas Cowboys arent even frontrunners for second place in the Divison.If you think the Cowboys are a better team then either the Giants or the Redskins you are smoking something. The Cowboys offensive line is terrible, and if you think Jason Fabini or Kyle Kosier are the answer you are sadly mistaken. Jason Fabini is only the person solely responsible for getting 2 Jets QB's injured for the season with his missed assignments and Kyle Kosier was a castoff from Detroit's offensive line. That's like taking someone from the Texans O-line and thinking there any good. Without an offensive line, that means that Drew Bledsoe doesnt get the time he needs to throw the football (and being that he is so immobile that he cant buy himself time), that means that all your pretty weapons will be going to waste.Not to mention that Dallas's defense is quite possibly one of the most overrated ones in the league. I've watched Jason Ferguson for years, and if you're counting on him to be a 3-4 Nose Tackle you're screwed there. The guy is built for the 4-3 defense and that is the only defensive system where he has shown success. Your linebackers would be impressive, but who knows if Carpenter will be solid or bust out and it's very possible for Ware to go through a Sophmore slump. And your secondary....well, lets not get started.They will be a solid team, they will probably be like 9-7 or so again, but to think there even on the Giants or Redskins realm is just blatant homerism.</div>damn u no nothingif u think u no anything about football u are smokin somethingare u seriousevery site, NFL Network, ESPN, and all that junk think dallas is the best team in the division (dude the giants are not even close, even skins fans say the cowboys are better than the giants, shows how much u no) and are a legit super bowl contender, giants are lucky to make the playoffsi can tell that u dont no what u are talking about and are making things up and guessing as u go along [​IMG]

17. Balaskonis

Balaskonis NFLC Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Johnny White Guy @ Jun 17 2006, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xpostxscript @ Jun 17 2006, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>To be honest Dallas are gonna be good because when you have TO he's gonna take you to the next level where you need to be and i expect Drew Bledsoe to have one of his best season ever in his career. Dallas was a very underrated team last season, most of their games were less than 3 pts or by a Td at least, they almost made the playoffs though but that wasn't enough. And their defense is getting better which is good, so i wouldn't be surprised if they win their division this year especially with TO and i expect better numbers from Glenn since everyone gonna be worried about covering TO.</div>You keep talking about T.O., but Derek was right when he said Bledsoe is going to have trouble getting him the ball when their offensive line is junk. An Bledsoe isn't even mobile so that means he's going to have a lot of sacks and turnovers. [​IMG]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>first of all that was last year and it was luck</div>35-7 isn't LUCK, it's OWNAGE. Coming back in the Monday Night Game http://youtube.com/watch?v=n4RItJzDC1g&sea...20vs.%20cowboys in your house WASN'T luck. If it was luck you would of stopped at least ONE of the hail mary bombs.And to say games from last year don't matter is rediculous, it is the most recent meetings between the teams and you guys getting swept was evidence of the Redskins future success.</div>AMEN, dude me have the best weapons in the entire NFL (T.O., Terry Glenn, Jason Witten, Julius Jones, Marion Barber, Patrick Crayton, Anthony Fasano, and skyler green) not to mention me have GREAT depthso when u have that teams will be to occupied and they will only rush there D-line, maybe even lessoh and to Adrop, thats was kyle kosier's 7th start, so give him a break. he is coming into his own and he will give us alot more flexibilty than larry allenjust keep them coming goes, i will prove u wrong [​IMG]

18. Balaskonis

Balaskonis NFLC Banned

oh and we lost 3 games, 3 freakin games, from billy kundiff kicks, that all were inside 40 yards, that 12-4 and home filed advantage in the playoffs. Now we have vanderjact, and he will make them for suredamn am i owning u guys our what? [​IMG] oh and dont ban me i am just give contrustive critism and proving u guys wrong...................

19. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Im not gonna ban you for disagreeing, I just think its hilarious. 1)
    NFL Network and ESPN havent even said who they think is going to win the divisons yet, and most Redskins fans I know think the Giants are much better then the Cowboys, so id love to know where your getting that from. Cause right now it seems like your the one just making up stats.But guess who did do their Power Rankings, since I couldnt get divisonal predictions. CBS Sportsline did. And notice whos #9 and whos #10? Thats right, the Giants are higher.... [​IMG] http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings2)
    Uhmm...Seattle was 13-33)
    Yeah, a Career Choker is going to make 3 Game-Winning kicks. [​IMG] Maybe you missed his 'chip-shot' in the playoffs.4)
    Maybe you didnt notice, but the runningback on that play was Maurice Hicks. He played on SF in 2004-2005. Kyle Kosier meanwhile played in SF from 2002-2004, so that play had to have taken place in 2004. In 2004, Washington and San Francisco played Week 15. So according to my math that would have been his 27th Start, and his 47th game overall. Nice try though. http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302070And if by 'coming into his own' you mean being chased out of Detroit, then yes, you are correct. He is sure 'coming into his own'5)
    You dont even have the best weapons in your own division...Giants have Manning, Barber, Jacobs, Burress, Toomer, Sinorice Moss, ShockeyRedskins have Brunell, Portis, Santana Moss, Randel El, Lloyd, Patten, CooleyCowboys cant go 3 deep at WR like the Giants and Redskins can.Cowboys dont have a single runningback half as good as Barber or Portis. I could easily make a case for them having more weapons because they have a much more effective running game then the Cowboys do.And congradulations on showing your lack of knowledge on the NFL there because how do you beat a great passing offense? You RUSH the Quarterback. Why do you think the Patriots and Steelers constantly blitz Peyton Manning whenever they face him in the playoffs? If he cant get rid of the ball or is forced into making a decision too quickly it leads to mistakes and you will win that way.

20. Flockers

Flockers BBW Member

What I want to know (Know is spelt with a k and a w, idiot. Just because you're on a forum doesn't mean you have to slaughter the English language) is why you ask our opinion on someone and thrash the guy for giving it? Not everyone is swinging on Newman's nuts like you so back off. Second, Dallas isn't that good. Wow, you added TO. You also lost a staple on your offensive line with Larry Allen. That's a big hole to fill. Terry Glenn is overrated and Julius Jones can't stay healthy. If your entire team stay healthy, maybe you could win the division (Giants and the Redskins will probably have to have injury issues), but that won't happen. My mom said Dallas is the 3rd best team in the division.End of thread.Also, Newman is nowhere near a top 5 corner.1. Champ Bailey2. Chris McAlister3. Nate Clements4. Antoine Winfield5. Chris Gamble6. DeAngelo Hall7. Ken Lucas 8. Sheldon Brown9. Lito Sheppard10. Marcus Trufant11. Ronder Barber12. Rashean Mathing13. Pat Surtain(In no particular order)I'd take all of them over Newman.