Man sues Jordan/Nike for resemblance

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AdropOFvenom, Jul 7, 2006.

1. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Local man sues Jordan, Nike for resemblanceA Northeast Portland man is suing basketball superstar Michael Jordan and Nike founder Phil Knight for a combined $832 million. Allen Heckard filed the suit himself, June 29th in Washington County Court. Heckard says he’s been mistaken as Michael Jordan nearly every day over the past 15 years and he’s tired of it.“I'm constantly being accused of looking like Michael and it makes it very uncomfortable for me,” said Heckard.Heckard is suing Jordan for defamation and permanent injury and emotional pain and suffering. He’s suing Knight for defamation and permanent injury for promoting Jordan and making him one of the most recognized men in the world.Heckard stands just over six feet tall. He is not six foot six like the real Michael Jordan. But Heckard says many people seem to miss that. He does share a bit of resemblance to the real Michael Jordan. Heckard has a shaved head, an earring in his left ear, and is in good shape from working out, and yes, playing basketball.“Even when I go to the gym I'm being accused of playing ball like him (Jordan), said Heckard."Most people would consider that a high compliment."Yes...don’t get me wrong it’s definitely a positive thing, because Michael, like I say is one of the best ball players that I've known to play the game. But then again, that's Michael and I'm me. So I want to be recognized as me just like Michael's being recognized as Michael."Dressed in blue Air Jordan tennis shoes, Heckard might seem to be actually trying to look like Jordan but Heckard doesn’t see it that way."They're very comfortable shoes to play ball in,” said Heckard. “I play a lot of basketball and any other shoes I try to play in tend to hurt the bottom of my feet."“I got a right to buy Nike or Adidas or what ever, so I chose the Nike because its a good shoe for me to play ball in,” he said.Heckard agreed that not everyone thinks he’s a famous basketball player, but insisted a lot of people do mistake him for Jordan."I figure if I'm out in public and around a lot of people at least three or four times out of a crowd ...and like I was at the Blues Festival and you could see people they was pointing at me," he said.Some might wonder how he decided to sue Knight and Jordan for $416-million each. "Well, you figure with my age and you multiply that times seven and ah, then I turn around and ah I figure that's what it all boils down to."The question remains – is the occasional confusion with an admired celebrity worth $800 million.“Well,” said Heckard, “You never can put a value on a person's life. You know you're taking my lifestyle away from me. So you know...we'll let the ball bounce like Michael does...where it’s supposed to fall."</div>[​IMG]http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_...e.314c6e50.htmlSo let me get this straight.....he Shaves his head, Gets his Ear Pierced and even wears Jordan shoes for years and now places a lawsuit against him? Yeah, ok. [​IMG]

2. Capt. Comeback

Capt. Comeback NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Jordan is going to ruin his reputation. He is rich enough, what the hell more could he want than a huge ass house, a million places in the record books, and recognition as the greatest baller to ever live?

3. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Capt. Comeback @ Jul 7 2006, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Jordan is going to ruin his reputation. He is rich enough, what the hell more could he want than a huge ass house, a million places in the record books, and recognition as the greatest baller to ever live?</div>How is this ruining Jordan's reputation? Because some idiot sued him for looking like Jordan? lol

4. MLibid

MLibid BBW Member

Why would looking like Jordan and people thinking you're Jordan give you permanent mental pain and suffering?If people thought I was Jordan, I'd get myself laid.

5. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

They don't even look that identical for one, and thats an outrageous amount of money to sue someone for, especially the G.O.A.T., it's just disrespectful.

6. NFLCCombs

NFLCCombs NFLC Root *****

I think I'll do the same with Colin Farrell.

7. MN Marshall

MN Marshall NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I look like jesus

8. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I look like Gandhi, maybe I should sue his family for the harm I've been caused. Moron. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters NFLC nflcentral.net Graphics Crew

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MN Marshall @ Jul 7 2006, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I look like jesus</div>Except that all of the crappy depictions of jesus are false. I doubt that a jewish man in the middle east had light brown hair and blue eyes. :lol:Still though. I think you should sue jesus for a shitload of money anyways.

10. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I'm going to sue every single Asian in the US because most people think we all look the same. [​IMG]

11. gopackers4

gopackers4 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Jordan is going to ruin his reputation. He is rich enough, what the hell more could he want than a huge ass house, a million places in the record books, and recognition as the greatest baller to ever live?</div>You must've read it wrong hahah

12. NFLCCombs

NFLCCombs NFLC Root *****

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gopackers4 @ Jul 8 2006, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Jordan is going to ruin his reputation. He is rich enough, what the hell more could he want than a huge ass house, a million places in the record books, and recognition as the greatest baller to ever live?</div>You must've read it wrong hahah</div>Or maybe he thought the other guy was Jordan. Maybe this guy has a point afterall.

13. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

No, because the other guy only looks like Jordan, he isn't as rich as him, he doesn't have a house as big as Jordan, doesn't have a million places in the NBA record books, nor recognition as the greatest baller to ever live, as he was never even in the NBA.

14. DevinHester23

People are just so stupid [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. ATLDirtyBirds

ATLDirtyBirds NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Wow, they dont even look exactly alike. Just because they have a few things in common.

16. DevinHester23

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ATLDirtyBirds @ Jul 11 2006, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow, they dont even look exactly alike. Just because they have a few things in common.</div>He looks nothing like Jordan