Lions Cut #2 Overall Charles Rogers

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by chang, Sep 2, 2006.

1. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>DETROIT - The Detroit Lions cut Charles Rogers on Saturday, three years after they drafted the receiver second overall.Rogers' Detroit career ended with only 36 receptions for 440 yards and four touchdowns along with two broken collarbones and a four-game suspension.First-year coach Rod Marinelli was unimpressed by Rogers' work ethic and production during training camp, when he was slowed by a sore knee. The new staff also did not have a history with Rogers like team president Matt Millen, who helped draft the former Michigan State star and gave him a $14.2 million signing bonus.AP NEWS</div>http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9634066I think he's better off without he Lions.

2. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

I was just gonna post it. Someone will definately take a chance on him, maybe being rid of Harrington and the Lions will finally help him turn his career around.

3. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

The Eagles should of waited for this...

4. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Bears better be on the phone. Maybe a fresh start, will do Rogers some good. He'd looked nice in orange and blue. :whistling:

5. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

And here come the Patriots.

6. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

7. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Seriously, Detroit isn't the ideal place for a troubled player to go. Detroit's environment is probably the dirtiest figuratively all the NFL cities.

8. NFLCCombs

NFLCCombs NFLC Root *****

Rogers is going to be a bigtime player somewhere, I have seem his potential.Biggest reason for his shitty work ethic? He never left home. He's stll in town partying with his college buddies all night long. He's been injured the last 2 years, which again means..more party time for him and his local friends. Basically that's all he's been doing. Having ot move a distance away from them, and concentrating on football I think is going to make a huge difference. Any team that gets him is getting a nice gem.And Chang..your statement is so far off it's not even funny you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

9. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Combs @ Sep 7 2006, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Rogers is going to be a bigtime player somewhere, I have seem his potential.Biggest reason for his shitty work ethic? He never left home. He's stll in town partying with his college buddies all night long. He's been injured the last 2 years, which again means..more party time for him and his local friends. Basically that's all he's been doing. Having ot move a distance away from them, and concentrating on football I think is going to make a huge difference. Any team that gets him is getting a nice gem.And Chang..your statement is so far off it's not even funny you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.</div>Making 16 mil for doing Jack Squat on the Football field funded his partying I'm sure.

10. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Does this mean another 1st-round WR is headed to Motown??:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: