Mark Anderson>Mario Williams

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Rex Grossman 8, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Re: Mark Anderson>Mario Williams

<span style="color:#000000">Mark Anderson- 5.5 sacks- Bears late round pick</span>Mario Williams- 1 sack- #1 overall pick[​IMG]

2. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

1.5 sacks for Mario. But who cares, it's been 5 weeks. Mario has also played better teams and has no help so he's pretty much double teamed every play. I'll still take Mario over Mark Anderson anyday.

3. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Sacks is actually a rather poor way to evaluate Defensive Ends, mainly because there is much more to the Defensive End position then just getting Sacks. Things such as Stopping the Run, Pressureing the QB, or just Commanding a Double Team allowing your other Lineman to make plays (i.e. Mario Williams right now) wont be covered in any Stat Book, but the impact it has on a Game can be huge. It is much harder for Mario Williams to bust through Double Coverage and make a Sack then it is for Mark Anderson to bust through Single Coverage for a Sack, hence why it is a poor way to evaluate Talent. Now, im not going to sit there and say which player is better at this point in time, because quite honestly I havent seen either of them to play enough to make such a statement, but with proper coaching (And hopefully somebody else on the Defensive Line to take some of the coverage away from Mario Williams....), Mario Williams will likely emerge as the Better player within a couple of Years. Hence why he was taken #1 overall. :thumbsup:

4. Capt. Comeback

Capt. Comeback NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Oct 9 2006, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sacks is actually a rather poor way to evaluate Defensive Ends, mainly because there is much more to the Defensive End position then just getting Sacks. Things such as Stopping the Run, Pressureing the QB, or just Commanding a Double Team allowing your other Lineman to make plays (i.e. Mario Williams right now) wont be covered in any Stat Book, but the impact it has on a Game can be huge. It is much harder for Mario Williams to bust through Double Coverage and make a Sack then it is for Mark Anderson to bust through Single Coverage for a Sack, hence why it is a poor way to evaluate Talent. Now, im not going to sit there and say which player is better at this point in time, because quite honestly I havent seen either of them to play enough to make such a statement, but with proper coaching (And hopefully somebody else on the Defensive Line to take some of the coverage away from Mario Williams....), Mario Williams will likely emerge as the Better player within a couple of Years. Hence why he was taken #1 overall. :thumbsup:</div>But you have to remember the defensive scheme may factor a DE. I am not quite sure what the Texans run and want the DE's to do, but that also is a key role in what goes on. I don't know if the Texans are running a pass rushing DE setup or a run stopping along with the DT's. Either way a sack is a sack though, and you know that means they are putting opposing QB's under pressure regardless.

5. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Also, you have to factor in the teams they play for. Mario plays for the Texans, so his team is more than likely going to be losing a lot, so the opposing team will run it more than they will throw it, creating less sack attempts. Anderson plays for the Bears who usually are winning, so usually teams throw, so more sack attempts.

6. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters NFLC nflcentral.net Graphics Crew

Mario plays for the worst defense in the league. Anderson plays for the best. That there should show you who is going to get more sacks. I could say "Ray Edwards on the Vikings is better than Mario Williams because he has as many sacks and more hurries and a FF" but it probably isn't true just because of the players around him.

7. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I think the people in Houston are going t be screaming bloody murder real soon. They pass up Bush, and now this 5th-round pick is better than Mario Williams. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!

8. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moose87 @ Oct 11 2006, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think the people in Houston are going t be screaming bloody murder real soon. They pass up Bush, and now this 5th-round pick is better than Mario Williams. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!</div>Lets wait and see how he performs once teams start shading coverage to his side before proclaiming him better then the #1 overall pick. :whistling:

9. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rex Grossman 8 @ Oct 9 2006, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="color:#000000">Mark Anderson- 5.5 sacks- Bears late round pick</span>Mario Williams- 1 sack- #1 overall pick[​IMG]</div>Trent Cole: 6 SacksMichael Strahan: 1 Sack

10. Capt. Comeback

Capt. Comeback NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Oct 11 2006, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Trent Cole: 6 SacksMichael Strahan: 1 Sack</div>Trent Cole > Strahan right nowStrahan looks like shit now.