Green fired OC, promotes QB coach

Discussion in 'NFC West' started by chang, Oct 17, 2006.

1. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>TEMPE, Ariz. (Oct. 17, 2006) -- Arizona Cardinals coach Dennis Green fired offensive coordinator Keith Rowen and replaced him with quarterbacks coach Mike Kruczek.The move came hours after the Cardinals blew a 20-point lead and lost to the Chicago Bears 24-23 on Monday Night Football."I've known Keith for a long time. I have the utmost respect for him," Green said. "We are not scoring enough points."Kruczek becomes Green's third offensive coordinator in the coach's 2 1/2 seasons in Arizona.Green said he was talking with Rowen about what other position he might take on the staff.Kruczek has been quarterbacks coach since Green arrived."I think his close working relationship with Matt Leinart will give us a better chance," Green said.</div>http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/ARI/9735290

2. MLibid

MLibid BBW Member

3. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Stupid move IMO.It's not his fault they fumbled twice and allowed a Kick Return, and when clutch time came around they drove it in FG range only for the kicker to miss.

4. MLibid

MLibid BBW Member

I agree. That game was a won game for the Arizona, lost.

5. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

Dunno, it might be a good move because they havent move the ball a lot in the second half like they did in the first

6. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jzrith @ Oct 18 2006, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I agree. That game was a won game for the Arizona, lost.</div>Everyone but Tony Kornheiser knew the Cardinals would need to put up more points to win that game, yet for the last 3 quarters of the game the Cards played for Field Position, not TD's. And they lost.