Atlanta Falcons WANT Bobby Petrino

Discussion in 'NFC South' started by MLibid, Jan 7, 2007.

1. MLibid

MLibid BBW Member

It's Petrino...ESPN is saying that Atlanta has keyed in on Petrino.http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2723700<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>ATLANTA -- Louisville coach Bob Petrino is the choice of the Atlanta Falcons to succeed Jim Mora as head coach, several league sources confirmed Sunday night, and the team is in contract negotiations aimed at securing a contract agreement that could lead to a Monday announcement of his hiring.Sources stressed that Petrino, 45, has yet to accept the position, but that the two sides were moving toward an agreement.The highly-regarded Petrino is known for his creative offensive designs and the priority of Falcons' brass is to land a head coach capable of getting the most from quarterback Michael Vick's talents.</div>

2. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

This shocks me. I think this means Brohm is as good as gone. I don't even know if Bush will stay now.

3. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

I still think Mora is awesomer.

4. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jzrith @ Jan 7 2007, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It's Petrino...ESPN is saying that Atlanta has keyed in on Petrino.http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2723700<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>ATLANTA -- Louisville coach Bob Petrino is the choice of the Atlanta Falcons to succeed Jim Mora as head coach, several league sources confirmed Sunday night, and the team is in contract negotiations aimed at securing a contract agreement that could lead to a Monday announcement of his hiring.Sources stressed that Petrino, 45, has yet to accept the position, but that the two sides were moving toward an agreement.The highly-regarded Petrino is known for his creative offensive designs and the priority of Falcons' brass is to land a head coach capable of getting the most from quarterback Michael Vick's talents.</div></div>It said nowhere in there that he would accept the job. So until then I'm gonna change to the title to the Falcons want him just to avoid confusion. Either way, Id think this move would cause Brohm, Bush, and Urritia to change their minds and go pro.

5. Brooksie5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Jan 7 2007, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jzrith @ Jan 7 2007, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It's Petrino...ESPN is saying that Atlanta has keyed in on Petrino.http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2723700<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>ATLANTA -- Louisville coach Bob Petrino is the choice of the Atlanta Falcons to succeed Jim Mora as head coach, several league sources confirmed Sunday night, and the team is in contract negotiations aimed at securing a contract agreement that could lead to a Monday announcement of his hiring.Sources stressed that Petrino, 45, has yet to accept the position, but that the two sides were moving toward an agreement.The highly-regarded Petrino is known for his creative offensive designs and the priority of Falcons' brass is to land a head coach capable of getting the most from quarterback Michael Vick's talents.</div></div>It said nowhere in there that he would accept the job. So until then I'm gonna change to the title to the Falcons want him just to avoid confusion. Either way, Id think this move would cause Brohm, Bush, and Urritia to change their minds and go pro.</div>On the ESPNEWS Breaking News thing, it says "Bobby Petrino to coach Atlanta Falcons".

6. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I've always wondered why the Falcons don't run a Pass-Option package for Vick. I know, I know, the option doesn't work on the Pro level... which is why you mix the pass with it. Think of it.... Vick floods left with Dunn a few yards away ready for the pitch.... Crumpler is open for a pass in the middle if the Linebackers come up for the tackle, and Roddy White is sprinting down the sideline deep. If the Safety/Corner bite then it's a deep pass, if the LB's come up but the DB's stay deep, then Crumpler is open in the middle for a 1st down. And if the LB's and DB's both cover the passing threats.... then you still have VICK and DUNN running the ball downfield!

7. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

[quote name='Brooksie5' post='80244' date='Jan 7 2007, 07:20 PM'][quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='80240' date='Jan 7 2007, 10:10 PM'][quote name='jzrith' post='80225' date='Jan 7 2007, 06:27 PM']It's Petrino...ESPN is saying that Atlanta has keyed in on Petrino.http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2723700
    [/quote]It said nowhere in there that he would accept the job. So until then I'm gonna change to the title to the Falcons want him just to avoid confusion. Either way, Id think this move would cause Brohm, Bush, and Urritia to change their minds and go pro.[/quote]On the ESPNEWS Breaking News thing, it says "Bobby Petrino to coach Atlanta Falcons".[/quote]Well, then things change. lolI think Brohm, Bush, and Urritia are all going to end up going pro now. Word is Matt Simms is trying to back out of his committment to Louisville also, I'm hoping he sees the light and goes to Rutgers. :thumbsup:

8. Brooksie5

[quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='80261' date='Jan 7 2007, 10:45 PM'][quote name='Brooksie5' post='80244' date='Jan 7 2007, 07:20 PM'][quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='80240' date='Jan 7 2007, 10:10 PM'][quote name='jzrith' post='80225' date='Jan 7 2007, 06:27 PM']It's Petrino...ESPN is saying that Atlanta has keyed in on Petrino.http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2723700
    [/quote]It said nowhere in there that he would accept the job. So until then I'm gonna change to the title to the Falcons want him just to avoid confusion. Either way, Id think this move would cause Brohm, Bush, and Urritia to change their minds and go pro.[/quote]On the ESPNEWS Breaking News thing, it says "Bobby Petrino to coach Atlanta Falcons".[/quote]Well, then things change. lolI think Brohm, Bush, and Urritia are all going to end up going pro now. Word is Matt Simms is trying to back out of his committment to Louisville also, I'm hoping he sees the light and goes to Rutgers. :thumbsup:[/quote]Acutally, it said that before this was posted.. :thumbsup:

9. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Louisville coach Bobby Petrino has accepted a five-year, $24 million offer from the Atlanta Falcons to become their new coach."Bobby Petrino did a great job here at Louisville," Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. "I'm proud of what he accomplished. I just wish we could have kept him longer. He will do a great job for the Falcons."ESPN.com's Pat Forde first reported the hiring and contract details earlier Sunday night."This is an exciting day for the Atlanta Falcons franchise," Falcons owner and CEO Arthur Blank said in a release. "Bobby Petrino is an extremely talented football coach who has done some tremendously innovative things as both an offensive coordinator and head coach, and he brings to us a record of success at the collegiate and professional levels. There is no question that he has a sharp mind, he is demanding and disciplined, and he is a motivator and developer of players. In short, he's a difference maker who will bring a strong identity to the Falcons -- one our team will buy into and take on as their own."</div>He took the money. Close to 5 mil per year is nice.And I agree that this means Bush & Brohm are now going to go Pro.

10. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jan 7 2007, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I've always wondered why the Falcons don't run a Pass-Option package for Vick. I know, I know, the option doesn't work on the Pro level... which is why you mix the pass with it. Think of it.... Vick floods left with Dunn a few yards away ready for the pitch.... Crumpler is open for a pass in the middle if the Linebackers come up for the tackle, and Roddy White is sprinting down the sideline deep. If the Safety/Corner bite then it's a deep pass, if the LB's come up but the DB's stay deep, then Crumpler is open in the middle for a 1st down. And if the LB's and DB's both cover the passing threats.... then you still have VICK and DUNN running the ball downfield!</div>I totally agree, and I think Petrino will bring a few option plays.ADOV:"Louisville coach Bobby Petrino has accepted a five-year, $24 million offer from the Atlanta Falcons to become their new coach."

11. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Falcons | Team requests permission to talk with ZimmerMon, 8 Jan 2007 20:46:26 -0800Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the Atlanta Falcons have requested permission to speak with Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer, according to two sources. The Falcons are looking for Zimmer to fill their defensive coordinator position.</div>

12. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

^ Eww... they should get the Bears DC instead.

13. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Jan 9 2007, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^ Eww... they should get the Bears DC instead.</div>Teams normally don't allow lateral transfers. I wonder if this might be any indication that Parcells is seriously thinking about leaving.