A-Rod hits Grand Slam in the Clutch

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Jon_Vilma, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Bottom of the 9th. 2 Outs. Bases Loaded. A-Rod comes up to the plate. BANG! Grand Slam, Yankees Win!!!<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>NEW YORK (AP) -- Alex Rodriguez turned Kei Igawa's forgettable debut into a day he'll long remember.Bottom of the ninth, bases loaded, two outs and the Yankees trailing by a run. Just the type of pressure situation Rodriguez failed at during the last two Octobers. Nearly the same circumstances as two nights earlier, when he popped out and tossed his bat to the ground in disgust."There's no way out," manager Joe Torre said. "There it is: You either produce, or you're going to read about yourself again."This time was different. This time, A-Rod wound up getting shoved back onto the field by Derek Jeter for a curtain call.Down to his last strike, Rodriguez came through in the most dramatic way, sending a soaring drive into the center-field bleachers, Yankee Stadium's famed black seats. His grand slam off Chris Ray, A-Rod's second home run Saturday, gave the Yankees a memorable 10-7 victory over the Baltimore Orioles."It felt awesome," Rodriguez said in the clubhouse, still smiling, the ball perched on a shelf in his locker. "I was so excited, I felt like a fool running around the bases, like it was Little League."</div> :beerbang2: :beerbang2: :beerbang2: :beerbang2: :beerbang2:<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>"It's something about New York, that I love it here," Rodriguez said. "There's just energy. It's crazy, one way or another. Every night is always exciting."</div>

2. Nebkreb

Nebkreb NFLC nflcentral.net Member

glad to see it. still its april. but still great to see

3. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

4. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Apr 7 2007, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>glad to see it. still its april. but still great to see</div>If you can rip him for "choking" in April, you can praise him for beig clutch in April. :thumbsup:

5. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

....and yet you know tomorrow when he Strikes out with Runners on 2nd and 3rd down by 2 in the 8th Inning, he will be booed.

6. Nebkreb

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Apr 7 2007, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Apr 7 2007, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>glad to see it. still its april. but still great to see</div>If you can rip him for "choking" in April, you can praise him for beig clutch in April. :thumbsup:</div>hey, i never booed him unless he deserved it. If he grounds out with no one on base in the 3rd inning, i dont boo. but if he (or anyone else) strikes out with the bases loaded ill boo.

7. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Twins vs Yankees series starts tomorrow. Y'all getta face Ponson, Bonser and Ortiz! You must be scurred.

8. Nebkreb

we missed santana. i cant be afraid of a guy named boof. im sorry. i just cant. - and, yo honestly believe were afraid of ponson? isnt he like 400 pounds, and didnt he get arrested for punching a judge...yeah thought. as for ortiz, i have no idea who he is.

9. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Apr 8 2007, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>we missed santana. i cant be afraid of a guy named boof. im sorry. i just cant. - and, yo honestly believe were afraid of ponson? isnt he like 400 pounds, and didnt he get arrested for punching a judge...yeah thought. as for ortiz, i have no idea who he is.</div>Someone invent an internet sarcasm detector!Boof isn't anything special, but he doesn't suck either. Ponson.. who knows, maybe he'll eat you. And Ramon Ortiz has the potential to be really good, I love Ramon.We should call up Scott 'The Yankee Killer' Baker though. Have him pitch one game.

10. DevinHester23

The Yuckies don't got to face Johan b/c he's a Sox killer and the Twins wanted him to face them

11. iknobaer

iknobaer NFLC nflcentral.net Member

the twins are dynomite. seriously, everyone doubts this team every year, and every year they find a way to win. great management, great players. this is an example of a team.

12. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DevinHester23 @ Apr 8 2007, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Yuckies don't got to face Johan b/c he's a Sox killer and the Twins wanted him to face them</div>Or that's just the way the rotation went and the Twins are smart enough to realize that you don't reorganize your rotation to match the team you face until the playoffs.

13. DevinHester23

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Apr 8 2007, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DevinHester23 @ Apr 8 2007, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Yuckies don't got to face Johan b/c he's a Sox killer and the Twins wanted him to face them</div>Or that's just the way the rotation went and the Twins are smart enough to realize that you don't reorganize your rotation to match the team you face until the playoffs.</div>friday's game was postponed, and the twinkies skipped fat boy ponson so Johan could face the sox [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DevinHester23 @ Apr 8 2007, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Apr 8 2007, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DevinHester23 @ Apr 8 2007, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Yuckies don't got to face Johan b/c he's a Sox killer and the Twins wanted him to face them</div>Or that's just the way the rotation went and the Twins are smart enough to realize that you don't reorganize your rotation to match the team you face until the playoffs.</div>friday's game was postponed, and the twinkies skipped fat boy ponson so Johan could face the sox [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>Ahh, so they aren't smart enough.

15. DevinHester23

[quote name='Jon_Vilma' post='89224' date='Apr 9 2007, 02:19 AM'][quote name='DevinHester23' post='89223' date='Apr 8 2007, 11:23 PM'][quote name='Jon_Vilma' post='89221' date='Apr 8 2007, 11:50 PM'][quote name='DevinHester23' post='89216' date='Apr 8 2007, 08:22 PM']The Yuckies don't got to face Johan b/c he's a Sox killer and the Twins wanted him to face them[/quote]Or that's just the way the rotation went and the Twins are smart enough to realize that you don't reorganize your rotation to match the team you face until the playoffs.[/quote]friday's game was postponed, and the twinkies skipped fat boy ponson so Johan could face the sox [​IMG] [​IMG][/quote]Ahh, so they aren't smart enough.[/quote]No. If I'm a Twins fan, which I sort of am through the transitive property of hating the White Sox, I would rather have Johan face the Sox than Fat Boy Ponson, and not just push everyone back a day

16. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

[quote name='Jon_Vilma' post='89224' date='Apr 8 2007, 11:19 PM'][quote name='DevinHester23' post='89223' date='Apr 8 2007, 11:23 PM'][quote name='Jon_Vilma' post='89221' date='Apr 8 2007, 11:50 PM'][quote name='DevinHester23' post='89216' date='Apr 8 2007, 08:22 PM']The Yuckies don't got to face Johan b/c he's a Sox killer and the Twins wanted him to face them[/quote]Or that's just the way the rotation went and the Twins are smart enough to realize that you don't reorganize your rotation to match the team you face until the playoffs.[/quote]friday's game was postponed, and the twinkies skipped fat boy ponson so Johan could face the sox [​IMG] [​IMG][/quote]Ahh, so they aren't smart enough.[/quote]Ehh, to be fair, it makes alot of sense to pitch Johan Santana any and every chance you get. :thumbsup:

17. Jon_Vilma

BTW, this was his 3rd game winning grand slam which ties him for most ever.

18. DevinHester23

[quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='89236' date='Apr 9 2007, 10:39 AM'][quote name='Jon_Vilma' post='89224' date='Apr 8 2007, 11:19 PM'][quote name='DevinHester23' post='89223' date='Apr 8 2007, 11:23 PM'][quote name='Jon_Vilma' post='89221' date='Apr 8 2007, 11:50 PM'][quote name='DevinHester23' post='89216' date='Apr 8 2007, 08:22 PM']The Yuckies don't got to face Johan b/c he's a Sox killer and the Twins wanted him to face them[/quote]Or that's just the way the rotation went and the Twins are smart enough to realize that you don't reorganize your rotation to match the team you face until the playoffs.[/quote]friday's game was postponed, and the twinkies skipped fat boy ponson so Johan could face the sox [​IMG] [​IMG][/quote]Ahh, so they aren't smart enough.[/quote]Ehh, to be fair, it makes alot of sense to pitch Johan Santana any and every chance you get. :thumbsup:[/quote]Also, take into account he dominates the Sox more than any other team. He is the #1 White Sox killer. [​IMG]

19. MLibid

MLibid BBW Member

I'm glad to see that the person who used to be K-Rod and A-Frod last year, is finally beginning to find his "glory day" game performances.

20. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

Chris Ray threw a horrible pitch. I couldn't tell if it wanted to be a fastball or a change-up it was so ugly. It sailed high, right down the middle.