Raiders get Mike Williams, Josh McCown

Discussion in 'AFC West' started by chang, Apr 28, 2007.

1. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

For the 105th pick...

2. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

how demeaning.

3. chang

I think this is a great move for the Raiders. It's only a early 4th and the reward could be great.With Lane Kiffin, who coached Mike Williams at USC, it's possible that he can get the production and effort out of Williams that Detroit couldn't. He's going to be paired with Randy Moss and Jerry Porter so he can start out in the slot and get comfortable.Plus by picking up McCown, they can let Russell sit for a year. But honestly, I still think JaMarcus will take the field by week 6 like Young did last season. Either way, McCown is better than Walter, Brooks, Tuisasosopo combined.

4. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chang @ Apr 28 2007, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think this is a great move for the Raiders. It's only a early 4th and the reward could be great.With Lane Kiffin, who coached Mike Williams at USC, it's possible that he can get the production and effort out of Williams that Detroit couldn't. He's going to be paired with Randy Moss and Jerry Porter so he can start out in the slot and get comfortable.Plus by picking up McCown, they can let Russell sit for a year. But honestly, I still think JaMarcus will take the field by week 6 like Young did last season. Either way, McCown is better than Walter, Brooks, Tuisasosopo combined.</div>I think a 4th was a bit high....they should have been able to get this done for a 5th or a 6th. But some high potential projects for sure.

5. chang

The Raiders are looking good for the future... if their picks pan out.Russell, Bush, Mike Williams... if they all work hard together, they can be a great trio in the future.

6. kevhead

kevhead BBW Member

I think Mike Williams can be the #1 on this team and get the amount of times thrown to that he deserves. They better hope the O-Line can hold for Russel though. I could see Russell and Williams sort of like a McNabb to Stallworth, Grossman to Berrian kinda thing.

7. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Everyone has been getting hung up on Mike Williams, but they got a short term starter in Josh McCown who will get JaMarcus to year 2 without having to take the bulk of the blows. He'll probably end up being the better end of the deal.