The Next Big Name from Japan?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AdropOFvenom, Jun 1, 2007.

1. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

? The hottest free-agent position player on the market this winter won't necessarily be A-Rod. Or Andruw Jones. One front-office man predicts it will be 30-year-old Chunichi Dragons center fielder Kosuke Fukudome, who will be an unrestricted free agent (meaning there will be no posting fees): "He'll be a big name all winter. There may be more teams on him than were in on Hideki Matsui, because it was nearly a foregone conclusion Matsui was going to the Yankees. I don't have any sense there's a favorite team with this guy." <-- ESPNhttp://www.japanesebaseball.com/players/pl...p?PlayerID=1064 <- Player Stats, was a .351/.438/.653 Hitter last season. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/05/mike_plugh_on_k.html <- Very Basic Scouting ReportAnd by the way, his last name is not pronouced "F*ck You Do Me" [​IMG]

2. korea_kid

korea_kid NFLC nflcentral.net Member

i think redsox have young player named ellsbury....... who know if they sign him this jappy i dont thinkso...... if they are want to be more famous in japan they sign ichiro! ichiro + daisuke!

3. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I could see him going to San Fran or something along those lines.

4. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Awesome last name, sounds pretty good too...FOCK YOU DO ME!

5. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

He might be big but not bigger than A-Rod.btw, it's Foo-Koo-Doe-May

6. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

The Yankees might need a new DH after Giambi's contract is voided......jk. Seriously though, Seattle needs some help and Ichiro can smooth a transistion IF they can convince him to come back.

7. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jun 1 2007, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Yankees might need a new DH after Giambi's contract is voided......jk. Seriously though, Seattle needs some help and Ichiro can smooth a transistion IF they can convince him to come back.</div>I don't think Ichiro is really interested in coming back to Seattle. Rumor has it he's quite pissed at their ownership because they're not doing enough to put a winning team on the field. I see him bolting for a Contender.....I could see Seattle bring in Fukudome as a replacement for Ichiro, but not as someone to go with him. Plus, Seattle has Jojhima to help 'smooth a transistion'. :thumbsup: