Curtis not done yet?

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by Blake, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Blake

Blake NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Curtis Martin's damaged knee might be telling him to retire, but his heart has yet to give the final okay. While many believe he's prolonging the inevitable, the Jets' future Hall of Fame running back still is clinging to the faint hope that he can resume his career, multiple sources told the Daily News yesterday.</div>http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/5260It seems like he's got to be 40-something, but he's still just 34, so realistically he could still have some gas in the tank. But how effective would he be if he did come back?He had a rough 2005 season after winning the rushing title the year before, then sat out the entire 2006 season.I have nothing but respect for Curtis, but I personally think he should call it a career. A hall of fame career none the less ..

2. Nebkreb

Nebkreb NFLC nflcentral.net Member

i love curtis, but its time to hang em up. we haveh is successor in Thomas Jones, its time to go

3. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

I love Curtis, but the Bone-on-Bone Condition in his Knees will prevent him from ever being a productive NFL player again. I'm sure physically he could get onto the field and take a few carries, but he wouldn't be of any use to the Jets because of his inablility to plant and cut.Giving a 31 Year Old Back 371 Carries (On top of 41 Receptions) was a terrible idea. Sure, he did win a rushing title, but that wear and tear is the reason he's in the condition he is now, and the Jets still had LaMont Jordan who could have eaten up alot more carries then he did.

4. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

If he still wants to play, put him on Special Teams!

5. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JHair @ Jun 2 2007, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If he still wants to play, put him on Special Teams!</div>What's he going to do there? Run full speed at a kick returner then get blindsided by some blocker and pretty much die.Learn when to hang it up.

6. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Could you not tell I was being sarcastic? Apparently not.

7. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JHair @ Jun 3 2007, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Could you not tell I was being sarcastic? Apparently not.</div>I figured you were, but I had to give my amazing insight anyway.