Ballack commits future to Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea FC' started by CelticKing, Aug 6, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<font size="2"> <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="203" align="right"> <tbody><tr><td> <div> [​IMG] <div class="cap">Ballack scored just four Premier League goals last season</div> </div> </td></tr> </tbody></table> Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack has insisted he does not want to transfer to Spanish champions Real Madrid. </font>

<font size="2">Last week Real coach Bernd Schuster told German television: "Ballack fits perfectly to Real Madrid. I can very well imagine him playing for my team." </font></p>

<font size="2">But the 30-year-old Ballack told Chelsea's website: "I have no interest in leaving Chelsea and I have had no contact with Real Madrid whatsoever. </font></p>

<font size="2">"I am totally committed to Chelsea. I came here to win trophies." </font></p>

<font size="2"> <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="11" height="12" align="right"> <tbody><tr> <td width="5">[​IMG]</td> <td class="sib606"> <div class="sihf">
    </div> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </font></p>

<font size="2">Ballack's contract with Chelsea runs until 2010 and he added: "I am very happy in London professionally and for my family. The speculation about me leaving is not true. </font></p>

<font size="2">"I am frustrated by my injury at the moment but I am working hard to be fit and hope to be back very soon to join my team-mates." </font></p>

<font size="2">Madrid have made a number of offers to Ballack during his career, including one in 2005 when he moved from Bayern Munich to Chelsea. </font></p>

<font size="2">Last season Ballack scored four goals in 26 Premier League games for Chelsea. </font></p>

<font size="2">"I thought about Michael before he went to Chelsea," added Schuster, who was speaking from Real's training camp in Irdning in Austria. </font></p>

<font size="2">"He was linked with Real back then, when it was clear Zinedine Zidane was leaving. </font></p>

<font size="2">"He would be the link between midfield and attack and would really be perfect."</font></p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Looks like he's not going to Real Madrid, Petey. Good for Chelsea. </p>

</p>

2. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

Bad for Chelsea, bad for Ballacks. He had a subpar season as he didn't touch the ball as much as Chelsea has Lampard and Eissen, 2 far superior players.</p>

Considering they signed him on a free transfer, they could had reinvested and nabbed them Alvez who is awesome.</p>

-Petey</p>

3. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

lol, I agree he doesn't get that many touches, and therefore will have a subpar season again. He is closer to Germany by staying at Chelsea. A plus. haha